Gold Rush: Live Thread (Questions, Support, Problems, etc.)

We just had an unexpected crash there, server is coming back online now. Sorry about that.

Hang on everyone, working on the problem now.

1 Like

Okay, should be coming back up now.

3 Likes

Hey everyone,

We’re running into an unexpected issue when the server is hitting around 900 players. We’re working on fixing it now. In the meantime, if the server disconnects you just re-connect. You only have to be online for a minute to get the achievement. Sorry for the trouble.

after that crash it told me I needed to update orbus and now its downloading a 455Mb update…Is this to be expected?

I think we have temporarily fixed the crashing issue by making eveyrone stay in Highsteppe instead of the Tutorial Zone, just FYI.

Good afternoon,
Quick question about logging in through the occulus store when you usually log in through steam. Currently, OrbusVR shows up in my occulus store but and can log in that way but the game hasnt been downloaded “officially” through the store. Do I have to redownload the occulus verison or just login via the occulus store?

You have to launch the Oculus store version.

how do we get our capes?

For the Gold Rush event you will need to download it through the oculus store (through the free weekend) and play on there to be entered into the drawing

Here is a post explaining a little more about it Join us for Gold Rush Tomorrow!

We are not actually placing the capes into your inventory until later after the gold rush event as we are throwing all our man power at handling the influx of players.

Was playing, got disconnected when gold rush started, constantly loading my characters. Basically can’t log back in.

Go ahead and restart your client and try now.

try restarting oculus home…I did that and it’s telling me i need to update it to 5.52 even though I already did.

Note: If you at least made it to the login screen and saw your list of characters, we noted that and will be going back through to make sure everyone’s achievement is unlocked.

1 Like

even if i’ve been updating the client since 12:49 PST right after the crash?

First of all I am LOVING the game, happily spent money for it and only wish I could have supported it earlier! ^^ But how do I ~know~ I’m entered? like I’m laogged and have logged in repeatedly in th epast 10 min cause of discconection but people keep talking about an achievement, what is the name of it? I have 2 achievements from Orbus and IDK if either is the one I need? lol

P.S…Love your game ( つ ^ _^ )つ

2 Likes

You will see a box of yellow text float up from the bottom of the screen saying “achievement unlocked:gold rush”

1 Like

For anyone curious about what the achievement cape looks like here is a screenshot of it, just a reminder that you will not receive it in game until after the free weekend, but as long as you received the achievement you will receive it.

12 Likes

The Tutorial is basically turned off right now, just FYI. If you try to go there you won’t see Guardian Bart or anyone else.