Hardmode Citadel Boss 4 legendary droprate

Since we started killing boss 4 in hardmode citadel, I have been noting down all drops in the groups I run with.
This is what we have gotten so far(think everyone in the raids have max luck as well):
Image 2080

Currently the Legendary +7 weapon has had a 5% droprate, this in my opinion is to low. It means it would take you on average 20 kills(which would take 20 weeks or 4.6 months) to get 1 legendary, most people have multiple classes they play and will be grinding for multiple.

If this is the dropchance, please, increase the legendary dropchance to 10% and decrease the normal weapon dropchance to 10%. That way you’re getting the same amount of weapons, but half of them will be legendary and it’ll take an average of 10 weeks to get a legendary +7(assuming you kill the boss every week). In that time you will have enough tokens to buy 2 sets of armor and will probably have received at least 1 set from luck drops. Which by then, I feel like you should have a legendary if you’re able to kill the last boss too.

6 Likes

I’m personally okay with the drop rate being low. I feel that especially as it’s the final drop in the progression of gear that it’s fine to be lower to keep a common goal in game. Having them drop more frequently would devalue them, in my opinion. I like that if you have one, it’s a cool thing to have, before they become oversaturated like the +6s have been for a while now

1 Like

I’m somewhat looking both ways with this topic as it should be “rare” and that you should probably only have 2-3 but at the same time what if you just happen to be REALLY UNLUCKY (talking from an unlucky shard experiencer 119 before any +6) so maybe some sort of system with the tokens say like instead of the 8 maybe its 16 or like 20 for a guaranteed +7 instead of the chance system or each time you don’t get one your drop chance goes up

5 Likes

i feel like the rarity of the weapons should come from how few people can clear boss 4 rather than it just being a low drop chance. More of a flex if you have to be good to get something rather than just getting lucky

this is my take aswell, with how few people are able to actually clear it, the +7 isnt the actual “flex”, the title is. i just want my +7 to deal more damage

1 Like

Whats the point of calling it a legendary if its not hard to get and everyone has one for every class. It defeats the purpose of it. I get youre looking at this stat wise and everyone knows if you wanna do your make dps possible you need the best gear possible but that doesnt mean make the grind easy so you can get what you want faster… Like isnt the point of playing games like this tongo through the journey and adventures and stuggles to achieve your goals and get where you want to be? If they just handed out the legendary like youre basically asking for then it defeats the purpose of playing the game.

They want people to play and grind every day for months just for one of the things they want vs everyone get what they want within a week and then quit the game (which is what happened before with a TON of old playerbase, basically all the original backers) also reborn changed things for people too but we arent getting into that.

And honestly idk about the new raid but in general i think legendarys all together drop too much. Most players i know have multiple legendary on multiple classes aka multi swords or muskets etc. Due to the fact they put in the effort and time it takes to earn them. Also it helps when you have a group that runs together regularly and yall change who gets the rolls for the night throughout the week to help gear everyone out.

Anyways i kinda rambled a bit but point is the legendary weapons already don’t feel legendary bc everyone has multiple let alone one. So they should keep it low if not make it lower. Especially considering as a group everyone can trade drops and help gear each other out.

So maybe if you run randoms instead of with a set group then start with changing that.

Also Hey everyone long time no see! Ill be making a return soon!

2 Likes

I feel like a 10% drop chance is really high. Soon this boss will become t15s where people just blow through these raids. Making it a higher drop chance will make them lose their value too. 5% seems right and I wouldn’t wanna see it higher.

lol, this is hardmode citadel boss 4 we’re talking about, increasing the droprate isn’t magically gonna allow everyone who want’s it to get it.
You still have to actually beat the boss - which at the time of writing this only 2 groups has managed to do - and even when you can beat it reliably, you still only get the chance of a legendary once a week. So no, it’s not gonna be “everyone get what they want within a week and then quit the game” you can’t grind it out in anything less than multiple months, even with my suggested droprate increase.

Like I said in the post, by increasing the droprate to 10% it would still take an individual 10 weeks on average per legendary. And the ones who do put in the time to get them are the people who have kept on playing despite having every +6 legendary they want so I don’t see why they would quit after getting their desired +7s.

The problem I have with the drop rate being so low, is that it’s not just a legendary, it’s a level higher than anything else obtainable in the game. Making it more of a necessity for a min-maxed character rather than a bonus. If the epic weapons were +7 too, then I would have no problem with the droprate being this low.

5 Likes

This is very well put and i couldn’t agree more. Honestly this sounds like a more appealing solution for the community as a whole. It solves the stat problems with making them a necessity and keeps legendarys extremely rare and its really more of a skin/transmog youre hunting down. I like this idea and think it would actually add more to the grind. I really like this idea tbh.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.