Head Start Kick-Off Thread

We just did a quick server restart to clear out some cobwebs and push a couple of small quest fixes. Thanks!

1.) too few queen’s ear in lowland area, impossible to gather 3 for quest. (would resources nodes be like GW2, every player would see the own nodes. no need to race for harvesting or wouldn’t be camped by a group in pvp area.)

2.) Noah’s hunter quest
there are 2 identical species’s name on quest list (spirite - ghost i guess)…

3.) sometimes client was crashed while staying too close to the edge (the mountain). crashed few time in straight while staying beside the mountain in east of lowland (there is a teleport stone-alike with many stags around)

4.) the teleport-alike stone which is mentioned in (3), no effect as king stag nearby stone when touch it. wondering is it a teleport stone, there is a rune mark on it.

5.) Slide movement turns into slow mode suddenly
Slide movement was in run speed at start. It was kept in walk speed after I ran away from mobs. Hadn’t changed back into run speed even in town. Its a bug or I triggered button combo accidentally ??

6.) stuck with ghost attack in close range (really close)
I stucked to ghost many times while ghost was really close to me and got killed because of that. I could’t teleport or slide except sticking close to ghost.

2 Likes

any plan to add a button for re-watching opening cinematic scene anytime… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

so when i was lvl 3 at start of HS i ventured into the mage cave. When i zoned in there was no NPC, I couldn’t run my book on the stones and I was in combat. something invisible was attacking me and i ran to the door to get out but died. When i rez it glitched out and kept me at my corpse but without a button to rez at the graveyard! I had to altF4 and i just went back later to get the quest. random experience perhaps.

another bug i experienced often was being stuck in combat, then using the button, but it would happen again, so i’d just be suck in combat for like 10 minutes until the cooldown happened, but then i decided to just spend all my dram on repair bills from teleporting to graveyard in between cooldowns. I think the cooldown wasn’t a good solution, but perhaps when your shield receives damage the effect is over. it’s never supposed to be used while actually in combat. just when it’s dead, so no more damage. I used the out of combat button so often in beta, and i don’t know what causes the stuck in combat thing but i miss that damn non-cooldown-button!

I’ve had a blast with head start so far, but I’ve noticed a few minor issues, some of which have been mentioned above (Noah’s quest listing the “sprites” or “spirits” twice - they refer to the same mob type but in two different locations which is confusing).

1. When you talk to Guardian Bart for the final time before boarding the Airship, Guardian Bart mentions “If we we’re…”. “Were” should not have an apostrophe in it.

2. Fishing, is it possible to make fishing lures stackable and also give different lures different names so that it’s possible to stock up on different lures in advance? (I’ve only made one type of lure so far, but it’s called “fishing lure” so I assume you can only have one type of lure in your inventory at a time.) Is the current restriction because it’s treated as a “tool” in the game?

3. Fishing lures eventually reach zero durability, but I couldn’t repair it and had to manually destroy it. It is possible to make it disappear when it reaches zero durability?

4. After starting the practise quests with the wand, I was unable to make the runes appear in my journal. Currently there are no spell-related pages in my journal (I found a rune stone near where you get the knight’s emblem, and light burst from it when I approached, but nothing else happened and there was no change in my journal.

5. Upon getting my pet, I was given a quest to provide a healing potion, but I wasn’t given the recipe to make a potion until I’d progressed the story be several quests. This was confusing.

6. I noticed back at the training grounds in HS that when leafing back and forth through the journal, the first page appeared to sink slightly below the warrior combo page when laying the page flat. In other words, the warrior combo page would come through the page above it when the page above it was laid flat on it. This issue disappeared (or at least, I didn’t notice it) after more pages were added to the book.

That’s all I can think of right now… If anything else comes up, I’ll let you know.

Hmmm…it just happens to you all the time? Or is there a specific monster you’ve noticed it happening with? And you play a Warrior?

1 Like

Okay great, thanks, I noted all those issues.

Just recalled one more thing.
One of the NPCs I recently interacted with (the female captain in Guild City perhaps?) referred to some unsavoury people as “bastards”. I personally have no problem with that word, but I wouldn’t be surprised if other people took issue with it. Since the rest of the game comes across as being “family friendly”, that word stuck out in my mind and I thought I should mention it.

1 Like

Happens all the time, with boars, with spiders, with stags, with rabbits

And you play a Warrior?

Some issues witnessed yesterday:

• Yesterday I had a 20 minute rollback on quest progress at one point
  • Cutscene missing 05 I believe (in Roma’s room)
  • Got an undefined:undefined achievement
  • Ghost teleport AE’s not showing up half the time
  • Really easy to lock yourself out of your home (I’ll eventually learn to keep the key on me)
  • Is the confetti from the gun client side only? I didn’t see anyone shooting them, though I did see a few people holding them, and assumed they would be shooting them, didn’t do a test)
  • There are a number of situations where you can get extra quest items, or quest items you no longer need, and there is no way to delete them, cutting into inventory space permanently
  • Was having a lot of casting issues in town yesterday, seemed like some form of lag spikes
  • When interacting with people nearby through the menu for things like trading and inviting, if they are lower on the list than like maybe 6 or 7 down, the options start getting truncated. Example: When I was trying to add Logan to the Fellowship, we had to run off together into the distance so he’d be high enough on the list to get those options

Yes I play warrior atm :slight_smile:

was this on the Woodland Rebel quest by chance?

These are fixed already in the new patch for friday

Can you remember what items they were? the ones that drop from quest monsters should be removable

This should be fixed in the patch we just pushed out, let us know if it gets better

I got rolled back about 5 minutes there yesterday, tried to submit log but it got stuck submitting. However it happened 3 times total yesterday. Here are some things I noticed-

1. I’ve noticed I can’t cast spells during it- and relogging basically puts you back at the last point you were able to cast spells/ harvest materials.

2. You can still see, y’all, and interact with other players. You can’t accept trades though. (During the period of time where your progress isn’t being saved anymore- so you aren’t fully disconnected from the server)

3. Might be 2 different bugs if draven could interact with things during the 20 minutes that was erased

i have a problem with downloading

ERROR: Unable to download correct file after multiple attempts. Couldn’t update to v2.24: Error: socket hang up

Can you tell what version of the launcher you have? Should be on the folder name.

It is Launcher 0.90.
but i think i can download directly and this may take a while

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tzbddBcnGiXaM0WLoTqjekR1iM-Cxi2m/view?usp=sharing

Here is an updated link to pre patched! It should be the most recent. Maybe a small one got put out after, but I can’t find a link for it.

Thanks i will try this.

You might hold off for about 10 min were about to push another patch out, dont want you to have to download twice @4lex0017

1 Like