Index controllers: adjust rotation of controllers

Got my controllers today, they feel amazing in VR. However in Orbus the angle of the controllers feel very off and its a shame not to be able to use them after so much hype/waiting. Any ETA on when this will be adjusted?

1 Like

Well thats atleast 5 people I know with the controllers who do not like the angle in Orbus :smiley: . I guess I will not be using these controllers on raid release.

Would be neat if the player could customize the angle to their liking.

2 Likes

that would be the way to solve the problem for everyone all at once yes.

2 Likes

I spent a couple hours researching and trying to do this using the SteamVR remapping system… I was really hoping it was just hidden under layers of weird mapping GUI… Never did find anything :frowning:

Seeing as it hasnt been asked… Given the threads feedback; do you think it might make more sense to just add a rotation adjustment setting in the settings as well as adjusting the default position.

as mentioned by another user here:

also some idea on a date for this? We all bought our index controllers and are waiting to use them in orbus.

3 Likes

I just got these as well. My hands are also rotated upwards, but when I take out my bow it is rotated downwards.

Wanted to reply to the thread so there’s an official response and time line. We are aware of the angle problem and will have a patch to fix the default knuckle positions out within the next 2 weeks to fix it (hopefully sooner). We want to add individual finger tracking when we have time in the programming cycle but it will be farther down the road.

1 Like

When will the roadmap be posted?

There will be a blog post next week outlining the coming content and timelines.

4 Likes

cool. take in to consideration that controller rotation is a significantly bigger problem than being able to see my fingers move. users are actively unable to use their index controllers as it stands.

Someone didn’t read the post :rofl:

2 Likes

i dont really understand what was ‘not read’. i am aware that they are plannig to release the knuckle controller rotation within the next 2 weeks. nethertheless, what does me restipulating that the controller rotation is a big problem have to do with the other quoted items?

Because you’re stating that you want the rotation sorted 1st which is what they are already said they are doing

2 Likes

I believe that is because you were restating that it is more important when the devs already stated they are aware it is more important and therefore they are working on that first.

im not stating that. i simply said it is a bigger problem. the assumption you are making is that i want ‘the rotation fixed first’ which is obviously incorrect given what i was replying to.

Maybe i was subtely trying to say that knuckles rotation should be expedited further and that in comparison moving fingers is not worth mentioning… just maybe.

1 Like

Weeeelll seems like we mages have to go one and one so long until changes :rofl:

3 Likes

want to note; i just tried this and because the rotation is off on the left controller still I am sticking to 2 vive controllers.

Issue for me at least is still something that should be resolved asap…

I have also noticed that my bow shots are going a lot more to the right than where they should be with the index controllers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.