Interactive map

@Åsmund_T’s “art”

One of these islands is not like the other

1 Like

And the spiralback looks at it with amasement. The shark looks at it with disgust. And the axelotels tactic is just denying the truth.

1 Like

Tsundere

Of course I’m not interested @NotScott you bakka! I only swim here because the water is cool! It’s not like I want you to catch me.

2 Likes

Update v2.13.0 - Summer Festival

• added missing obsidian on isle
  • added summer festival Quest Givers
  • added summer festival Quest Items
  • removed spring festival things
  • added custom markers

Custom Markers
Custom markers allow you to mark down anything you like on the map. Choose an icon and write a tooltip, then you can place it by clicking anywhere on the map or place it at the current player position.

3 Likes

Soon™ :eyes:

5 Likes

Update v2.14.0

• added Player Journal to map
  • added multiple legendary fish rotations
  • added missing cloak fish in wastelands
  • added Ottathamine Merchant
  • “fixed” axolotol spelling
  • fixed Eyeworm eye being transparent

Player Journal
You can now view the entire player journal on the map, including some recipes/spells that you can not currently get in your in-game journal.

5 Likes

Update v2.14.1

• added airship spawn locations
  • fixed blimp in cut throat river missing crossover outline
  • added 2 missing blimp rotations on the isle
  • added multiple flounder rotations
  • fixed minor bug with maps switching automatically
  • updated a slightly incorrect flounder rotation
  • updated perch requirements for fish rotation 1
3 Likes

Hotfix v2.14.2

• fixed issue with search function

Typo, function is spelled f-u-n-c-t-i-o-n. Sorry for splitting hairs, spelling mistakes drive me nuts lol

Update v2.15.0 - New Highsteppe

• updated highsteppe to it’s new look and layout
  • moved all NPCs and objects to their new location in highsteppe
  • added new NPCs
  • updated scroll in Piere Cenns shop since it now also gives the ithecac recipe
  • updated east farm’s sheeps names
  • removed the unnamed chickens
  • added some missing NPCs

Also the static maps have been updated too.

3 Likes

You are doing Rupert’s work. Thank you.

2 Likes

Love the new cats name in the map keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Update v2.15.1

• added spawn area to old builder
  • added “Port Troubles” quest mobs
  • added “Traveling Companion Science” Questgiver
  • added “Master Carpenter” Quest NPC
  • updated navmap to match new highsteppe
  • updated stone tooltips with numbering
  • changed master smith from quest NPC to questgiver
  • fixed issue with choosing shortest teleport path
  • fixed issue with search function(again)
  • removed summer festival objects

Launcher download:

Zip download:

Discord:

It’s been a year and a half since I released the map now and I’m really happy with how far it’s come, but this may be the last update in a while. It’s been a really great experience for me and I’ve learned so much from it. Thank you to everyone who have helped me out, given feedback and reported bugs, it wouldn’t be the same without you. And thank you to everyone who have used the map and spread the word, I never would have expected the server to get as big as it did and it’s really helped with motivation, knowing that so many people are actually using the map.
So, why is it that this may be the last update for a while? Well, I’m leaving this Monday to join the Norwegian Air Force for at least a year, I chose this myself. I will have my laptop still, so if possible I will update for seasonal events and/or major in-game updates, but it may not be feasible.

The data and server will stay available and accessible as it currently is.

20 Likes

We love you Potato <3 @Mathieu_D I know the answer is likely no, but considering all that Potato has done for the community would it be possible to get a reference in the game? Just like, a potato sitting in a farm or something simple :slight_smile:

11 Likes

yes i agree, even a tiny reference would be the least the devs could do in exchange for all the help Potato has given to the Orbusvr community.

6 Likes

Put a little faded portrait in the corner of a journal page! It makes the most sense to put it by the maps.

5 Likes

For as long as potato has worked on the map I agree that there should be some form of reference to it in game.

4 Likes

Maybe the most non-intrusive would be the book maps. They need to be updated with the new highsteppe and could add a mini-potato in one of the maps in highsteppe. Seems appropriate as it is Map related. Could use just a mini of his character for scale or something :joy:

9 Likes

Coming home for christmas tomorrow! I will spend some time updating the map, adding the new quest stuff and maybe adding the winter event stuff.
Everything permanent is what I’ll prioritize tho, so I may not add the winter event stuff depending on how much time it takes. I don’t wanna spend all my time home working on the map after all. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes