January Stress Test Feedback

I found the tween I just want to know the item or regnant you need.

spells seem to be really inconsistant for some reason. multiple drawings seem to do the same thing

If youā€™r ehaving those intermittent local crashes, I donā€™t need the output logs. Itā€™s being caused by the voice chat system which is why itā€™s random, I am working on a possible fix but Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll have it done soon or not. Hopefully itā€™s not happening to you too often, sorry for the trouble.

2 Likes

Just tested the first step in the ritual and I got the shield spell.

Just got off the server, Iā€™m going to take a break after 3-ish hours of playing. Itā€™s been good so far, only a few random disconnects,. I noticed that a lot of the enemies are getting stuck or not disappearing after killed. Other than that, Its much improved over last monthā€™s test. I hope I can hop back on later tonight.

1 Like

Is there a workaround, like would disabling voice chat help?

Is it mostly the forest golems that arenā€™t disappearing?

No unfortunately not. I suppose I could make you a special build that just has voice chat totally disabled. Is the crash happening to you often?

It was mostly them, yes.

No, from what Iā€™ve seen thereā€™s like a 30% chance that any given actor will ā€œstickā€ when they die, players included.

Besides that, though, there are a lot of frozen players that are alive, and oftentimes enemies wonā€™t take damage or aggro at all. Sometimes moving players donā€™t take damage or gain healing, as well. Iā€™m not sure if this is related, so I figured Iā€™d mention it here.

Thanks for all your support, and good luck.

Every time I open the game, it immediately freezes :frowning:

Log in fine, see hands, able to teleport, select weapon good. When attacking monsters, sometimes health doesnā€™t go down at all, my health doesnā€™'t go down when hit then automatic sends me back to town

So far its happening every few minutes :confused: But you donā€™t have to do that for me, itā€™s getting late here anyway :slight_smile: Was fun to test it out! Looking forward to early access

Had a lot of fun. I would suggest a better method of clicking on items, that or a click drag system would be more intuitive for the inventory / menus. It just feels too ā€œlooseā€ maybe becasue the hand animation is so slow.

Tracpad motion is a bit strange too, only works sometimes, maybe it needs to bounce off the server or something, just seems laggy.

Otherwise I had a lot of fun. Canā€™t wait to see what happens.

just downloaded the updated client, it seems to have fixed the problem. Just wanted to say that the design of this game is fantastic and its totally worth the man hours we are putting into it to crash it like this :stuck_out_tongue:

What is the last client version (ver. 20 ? )
and how update if not ?
https://orbusvrdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/OrbusVRClient-0.20.zip
take more than 2 hours to redownload all :sa:

Yes 0.20 is the latest version.

There will probably be more versions released throughout the day but most of the remaining issues are pretty small compared to the major ones we had earlier, so you should be fine to stick on that one the remainder of the test.

Hopefully by the next test we can have some sort of patching system inā€¦

So the servers have now been up for the last hour without any crashes, :smile:

There are some bugs still happening like enemies getting stuck and some crashing for some people due to the voice chat system, but overall things seem much more stable on the server front.

Hope you are all enjoying the game!

1 Like

I had a issue when i used my stuck in combat i lost my inventory and level and weapons all gone so nothing worked to fix trying a reinstall to see if a fire problem

Make sure youā€™re using 0.20. If itā€™s still happening let me know.