Join us for Gold Rush Tomorrow!

Hey everyone,

In addition to the Free Weekend that’s going on now on the Oculus Store, they are featuring us in their Gold Rush promotion, with more than $28,000 in prizes. Here’s how that’s going to work from our end:

• In order to participate in the Gold Rush event, you must be online playing the game at any point between 3 PM and 4 PM Central Time (which is 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific Time) tomorrow, Saturday, April 21st.
  • If you are online for the event, you will receive the Gold Rush achievement in-game, and you will also receive a special limited edition Gold Rush cosmetic cape!
  • Anyone on either platform (Steam or Oculus) is eligible to receive the OrbusVR achievement from us and the cape. However, there is no Steam “Gold Rush” achievement in terms of the stores, only an Oculus Store one.
  • You must be logged in via the Oculus Store during the event to get the Oculus Store achievement. And you must receive the Oculus Store achievement to be entered into their drawing for the Gold Rush prizes they are offering.

So, to recap:

If you have a Rift, be sure to login during the event via the Oculus Store, even if you normally login via Steam, by taking advantage of the Free Weekend. Then you’ll get the Oculus Store achievement and be eligible for the prize drawings.

If you have a Vive, Windows MR, etc., you can still login and get the in-game achievement as well as the Gold Rush cape, but you will not be eligible for the Gold Rush prizes from Oculus.

Part of the reason we are doing this event is to see how many people we can get online at once. We are anticipating based on previous Oculus Gold Rush events that as many as 1,000 concurrents (or even more) could be online, so this would be a historic event for the OrbusVR community. We’ll see you Saturday!

11 Likes

Just for clarification, those who have an Oculus Rift, but playing on steam, if we are logging in the game through the oculus store’s free weekend event, how long do we have to stay online to get the achievement?

28.000 / 40 = 700 user paid this…

:wink:

You just have to be online for like…literally 10 seconds. Of course I think it’s more fun if you stay on longer :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I mean, I’ve already spent over 350 hours playing through Steam, so I’m not planning to spend much time on a brand new account :smiley:

I know this was just a joke, but just to be clear, we did not pay for any of this, Oculus is the ones who put up all the money for the prizes, so it’s very nice of them to feature our community and help encourage folks to check out the game.

6 Likes

It will be your same OrbusVR account. You will launch it via Oculus, login to your OrbusVR account (with the same email/password), and all your characters and everything will be there waiting for you. If you owned it on both platforms you could literally play it on both whenever you wanted. Just FYI.

2 Likes

Ohh, wow, that sounds cool :slight_smile: So the same account can be used for both platform. Also another question, if let’s say I would link my account to the oculus store now, and I would play on that, would it also count, or would I have to relog in that timeframe? Just asking to make sure I’m not missing out on this opportunity :wink:

You have to be logged in on the Oculus client during the event to be eligible for the prizes.

I also feel a little lost, but I’m technologically challenged. So, I’m Oculus Rift and bought game on Steam, so my Orbus account is linked to Steam (as far as I understand it). When I hit play in Steam, my Oculus account pops open anyway if it wasn’t already. I know some people don’t have Steam up that try to launch from Oculus but can’t because they need Steam up too even though yes it can be launched from Oculus.

So… I just need both open (like both always are) and just hit the launch button for the game from the Oculus side?

puts on a hat that says “I have no idea what I’m doing”

:sweat_smile:

No worries! That’s why I figured we should make this thread today rather than tomorrow an hour before the event haha.

So normally what happens when you launch it via Steam, is the Oculus software (which includes their store) opens. Because you have to have Oculus running in order to use the Rift.

What you’ll do is anytime between now and then, just go into the Oculus Store and download and install OrbusVR on there. Then you can launch it from Oculus without needing Steam open. You’ll have to login again with your email and password, which will link your OrbusVR account with your Oculus account. So it will be linked to both Steam and Oculus. Then during the Gold Rush event, just launch it from the Oculus app and play during that time and you’re all set.

1 Like

Thank you! That’s neat that linking one won’t undo the other. See everyone tomorrow!

I had no Idea our info transferred over to the oculus store. I might just buy the game a second time so I can get those oculus achievements

1 Like

Sad … ill be out of town tomorrow.:cry:

2 Likes

Hello,
greetings from Europe.
Just saying it would be nice to remember about us and give the GMT next time, maybe :stuck_out_tongue:
Thx!

1 Like

just use a time converter online!

1 Like

Hello! Here is a link to a countdown that when it hits zero the event will have started! Be sure to check it out!

Edit: I updated the countdown timer for the correct time as seen in Riley’s post above. (From Robert)

http://itsalmo.st/#oculusgoldrushorbusvr

4 Likes

i think this is off by 12 hours. It is counting down to 3:00 AM on Saturday…

At which time it’s in europe(gernany)?