Hi folks, as you know the Beta will be live and we’d love to hear from you. Specifically we want to hear if there are any mechanics that aren’t working, any bugs you experience, if there are balancing issues in your opinion, and just generally how you like it.
From the patch notes:
- Raid Beta
- The Ruins of Guild City Raid Beta is now available to play!
- This is a 10-person Raid designed with challenging mechanics.
- During the Beta, you access the raid exclusively by using the Queue system in the social menu (the same way you queue for a dungeon).
- During the Beta, nothing you do will be saved in the Raid Instance. Also, trash mobs have been removed since we are mostly concerned with testing boss mechanics at this time.
- Raid Loot
- The Raid Loot system this time around utilizes a token system for each slot of armor. A new vendor will be added to Highsteppe which requires tokens (ranging from 5-8 tokens per piece) to buy items.
- For example, the first Raid Boss will drop only gloves, and also only glove tokens. You will get one guaranteed token as well as a chance at a natural drop with each eligible kill. You can do one eligible kill per week. Therefore, you are guaranteed to get a glove roll after 5 weeks of kills even if you get no natural drops due to the raid tokens system.
- Natural drops in the Raid are tradable with other party members until you leave the instance (including rare drops such as pets and mounts). Tokens are not tradable.
- Non-equipment drops (such as dyes, pets, and mount) can be farmed as many times as you want per week.
- Each piece of gear is class-specific, but the tokens can be earned on any class, and when purchasing the item from the vendor, you will receive the item for the token’s slot for whatever class is currently active (useful for gearing up alt classes).
- Raid Tuning
- The Normal Mode Raid features difficult mechanics which will need to be mastered to complete the Raid. From a damage and health standpoint, the bosses scale up to be approximately as hard (by the last boss) as a low-level Shard Dungeon.
- Our goal with the Normal Raid Tuning is to present a challenge to the community that will be mastered over time to allow pick-up-groups to complete the raid. Therefore, we anticipate that veteran groups will be able to complete the Raid without too much trouble once the mechanics are learned. However, please feel free to give feedback on the tuning and let us know if we’re hitting the correct mark.