June 11th Update: Raid Beta Feedback

Pet runs are pretty much done with, can’t get to the last 2 bosses until the 1st 3 are dead so will have to basically do full clears instead of pet runs :confused:

4 Likes

Uggg, being able to choose the boss you wanted to kill that evening was what made the raids fun. Not only making a long evening of farming pets but chatting and mirth.

3 Likes

Broken knight tankbuster damage seems very delayed when compared to the actual tankbuster animation. This might be confusing for new players.

1 Like

not just new players, thought it wasn’t actually working for a while because i wasn’t really paying attention to my shield.

Ok so this is unscaled level 30 content? When we joined the queue it was open for all levels, that doesn’t help to get a group which can do anything; some did not even discover discord yet I think (or can’t join because of the quest, which is ok, but we failed to coordinate this, one level 10, not sure if he was afk, had such loud bg noise, muting him was the only option to talk at all).
I strongly suggest to restrict it to 30 so PUG-groups can form easier; we might try to form a group with 10 people on general chat next time and then just enter together instead of using the queue.

Saturday Raid Pet runs was the most fun i had in old orbus. :-o
Most frustrating as well to be fair, when you diddent get the drop for hundreds of kills!

4 Likes

The minions from the broken knight have an insane amount of health, and on top of that, you cant kill them under certain conditions and if you do they almost kill people. I believe until the ads are nerfed it will be impossible for most random groups to do it. plus this is a normal raid, the ads health right now would be perfect for hard raids, not normal though. they absolutely need to be nerfed.
I would like to add that they are beatable, just with a bunch people who dont do absolutely tons of DPS its actually very hard to beat these things.
on tuesday he was very easy to kill because we had all of our best players
yesterday we switched up our players and got destroyed by adds

this is 100% true, often times boss 5 expert was a no, unless you brought all the best people with the best gear
honestly i liked the old token system way more and to me this one is kinda gross
especially since you get 1 token per week on that boss
5-8 tokens depending on what you want
with the old token system you could choose what you still needed and/or wanted
but I actually like the raids alot, they are tons of fun

The more I think of this the sadder I get. That activity kept a lot of people active and looking forward to login in.

1 Like

Ya, not really liking the token system as it is either. What’s sad, is after a couple months of raids the first 3 bosses are going to be viewed as just an annoying speed bump on the way to boss 5. The fact that any boss could drop a weapon made it worth your time to engage the boss. People are going to find as many ways as possible to skip the first 3 bosses I guarantee it. I also hate, that on an evening when something goes wrong and time gets short you can’t choose what boss to engage. In the old riads you had that choice. Sure, you lose out on the shortcut portal if you skipped boss 4, but could at least still do boss 5. Hell there were nights when all we wanted to run was boss 5 and then log for the evening.

3 Likes

This is exactly right

What about making a system by which if you have completed a certain boss, you can always teleport to the room before that boss from now on? This will force every player to play through the bosses in the intended method for the first time, but will allow groups that want to progress at a slower pace or groups that want to target specific bosses after performing the full raid once the ability to do so.

Edit: the game already saves information on boss kills (we know that through the api). So maybe use that information to say if someone has or has not killed a boss, and put a set of portals at the entrance that take you to the boss room if you’ve got it or do nothing if yiu don’t.

2 Likes

In OG, the first raid boss I ever did was #3. A full group of 10 tackled the first two, but then someone had to leave early / unexpectedly, and I was the only available backfill. If I’d have needed to have completed the first two myself before arriving at 3, I wouldn’t have been able to help.
Or do you mean that to only tie to the party leader, so if the party leader had completed the first two, anyone else could still go straight to 3 with that person? That’s how it was in OG anyway, and maybe I misread your intent, but that’s how I interpreted the “This will force every player to play through the bosses in the intended method for the first time.”

I’m looking at this from the standpoint of a fresh instance. No matter what, if you join a raid instance after some bosses are cleared under the raid leader, those bosses will be dead and the trash done. If you join a group having never killed any of the bosses and they want to skip content, yes, they will have to kill the bosses on the way to get you there too. At least for the first time you kill each boss.

Definitely not tied to party leader for the teleports. That should be individual to force every player to experience the raid as intended (each boss in order) once. But yes tied to raid leader for the individual run, so if you enter it and the raid leader has already cleared bosses 1-2, you can join and then go immediately to 3.

on seamstress (boss 4)
her ads that pop out leash all the time, causing them to go back to full health and us having to kill them again, often times causing the other one to not die
(trying not to spoil things if im not going into enough detail)

honestly too in 8 weeks of raiding your probably just going to get a lucky drop before then

Finished the raid this evening with our guild and really had a good time. Everyone enjoyed the new mechanics and generally everything felt pretty good. Nice work!

4 Likes

A few notes I made:

• I commonly heard people remark that the art for the zone and for the bosses themselves was very well-done.
  • For one player, the gate in the middle looked open and they were able to walk through it before the requisite conditions had been met. We didn’t actually try, but presumably it would have been possible to sword rush to them
  • We also ran into the boss 4 ads resetting outside of any mechanic - we didn’t do much testing to determine whether it was a matter of distance or something else.
2 Likes

We tried the raid for the first time today, 4 bosses seem to have fun mechanics and not pose a too big issue (last one likely a bit more challenging compared with the rest). Only one, Broken Knight, did not go down for over an hour of trying and yes, we knew all tactics in advance… this one seems a bit overpowered considered that the group members were almost all in full +3 gear already and run shards around 7-9. The issues were mainly the health of the adds I think, also the boss didn’t really go down before there were too many mistakes made, can’t imagine this one with a PUG group.

1 Like

we were able to get it down pretty low with our +1 and +2 mix gear. takes some practice. the biggest issue i found was that it alternates between having 2 phases of dps on the ads and 1 phase of add dps. We take out the adds fine on the first set and the third set, but cant kill them on the second.