June 11th Update: Raid Beta Feedback

Okay, I see what’s happening there. It’s because you all are technically in a Matchmade zone (so it would work fine once the Raid is live). I think I’ve pushed a fix for that, for the next time you feel like resetting your zone. Sorry for the trouble, I’m sure that’s annoying.

So, we finished the whole thing and we couldn’t figure out how to use the

boss 5 spoilers

ballista

in the fight nor did we need it. We think we know which mechanics would benefit from it, but couldn’t make it fire

Okay hit me up with your feedback in a PM when you get a chance, I’m curious to know which of the fight mechanics you were just totally able to ignore. I assume most of your group was in like +3 or +4 gear which is definitely going to make it easier in that regard on the Normal mode (e.g. the Lightning charge going off would be an instant wipe in Hard Mode obviously), but we’re kind of going back and forth on how “punishing” we want to be in the Normal Mode Raid.

Yup, sent you a big ass group chat thing with all of our people in the fights explaining how we did them

@Riley_D the stuck trigger bug appears to be fixed, thanks

So just a heads up, we pushed a change where the aggro radius on the bosses in the Raid is much smaller now. We realize this means you can for example get past Boss 4 and go straight to 5, we are planning to make it so e.g. Boss 5 won’t even spawn in until Boss 4 is dead, but for now hopefully that helps with people getting stuck behind the barriers.

You could already get past boss 4 before this change. We went to check him out before engaging boss 4 just to see what the dude was like. Not that it makes a difference now, but just FYI

I would like to address my concern for having boss 5 being the only one dropping the weapon in raids while having to kill all bosses to reach it. I know groups who will not have enough time to reach that boss every week (as in none of the weeks).

The best solution I see is making those groups at-least give them the chance to kill all bosses every X time which is more then 1 week. So maybe the raid doesn’t reset every week for an ongoing raid? But for finished raid leaders and not started raid leaders it does reset every week? :man_shrugging:

(Edit. - old suggestions which I think are not the solution anymore but keep them as thought for maybe another helpful suggestion:
Can we change the system a bit that either weekly the boss that drops specific type of gear changes (keeping in mind that things like chest and weapon only drop from 3 to 5)? Or distributing the chance of a drop on a specific item/token on a group of bosses. Like 2% weapon boss 3 and 2% boss 4 and 3% boss 5. But 0% on boss 1 and 2. By killing all 5 bosses you had the chance to get it 3x so this still encourages killing them all 5 and give ppl who can’t make all 5 in a week still have a chance. It also still blocks out ppl trying to ‘farm’ boss 1.)

1 Like

Alternatively, make each boss its own separate wing, so you can target boss 5 first? Just a thought.

The whole reason you have to fight the other bosses first is preventing ppl from fighting 1 specific boss only.

1 Like

If they all have their own drop tables it’s different from a grouped table and being able to pick the easy way to get everything. People will still need to kill all five to get their gear on each class, so we’re looking at 200 total boss kills (25 per class or 40 per boss) to get guaranteed loot for each. After that, it’s just farming for loot drops so the best way to do it will be to separate them into wings so you can target the ones you need

1 Like

I know enough ppl who only aim for the weapon for the most part.

So make that fight the hardest one. But putting it behind all the others just gates for people who don’t have time to play as much (as you yourself said above). If you can beat the hardest boss, surely you can beat the earlier ones, yes?

As I said don’t reset the raids weekly in all instances. Solved.

The triumphant cloak from the G.R.I.N.D.I.N.G device is currently the same cape that you get for completing the raid

Riley mentioned the raid cape is just a placeholder for now.

Oh lol ok
I didn’t see that

Also the gate that you need to unlock can be very easily skipped by going through the walls next to it.
I also like having no trash, so I recommend when raids release there is still no trash mobs, just because they are annoying and serve no purpose

1 Like

there should probably just be a chest at the entrance tbh

2 Likes

There better be tuning based on the fact that the weapons are locked away at the end. In the old raids boss 5 expert was essentially locked away behind a DPS check until the raid group was fully equipped with weapons. Also, due to this now gear specific setup, they raid better be able to be completed in a reasonable amount of time or noone is going to get to the weapons since the idea seems to be to gate us all off from them.

1 Like