Let us try melee DPS, this has to be the easiest fix

unless your built different

2 Likes

Your saying there is a hidden mechanic making lightnings spawn more often when standing far away than standing close? Huh? I might have missed something since the update…

1 Like

Ya, standing further back gets a string of lightnings each time you drop the totem, but once the first one hits, it tends to stop spawning the streak. I’ve only noticed it on the initial drop of the totem.

3 Likes

Can confirm that extra lightnings do spawn up until 4 lightnings when it hasn’t hit the target yet guaranteed. Only when the totem is just placed though.

3 Likes

With that making Shaman now mid range it supports what I said before about the devs wanting classes to have the best visibility possible for the classes with the exception of tanks. It just makes the game more immersible in my opinion.

Maybe rethink the idea. New classes aren’t out of question eventually they’ll add an expansion that has new ones. Think of a mid range class that uses melee somehow for the mobs that rush. I’d start a new thread for it though so others can drop their ideas as well.

Maybe a windcutter sword talent line for warriors? (You know, those little forces that pop up in games when you swing the sword and hits an enemy a bit further away?)

Like you swing and then you see the force of your swing fly through the air to hit the target? I guess that could work. They most likely aren’t going to rework the class tree for something like this however I believe in my opinion. You’re better off coming up with an entire class entirely and hoping they take your idea during an expansion creation like I said above.

Maybe something that uses throwing weapons? There is all sorts of weapon types that are thrown so the weapon styles could get have a nice variety as far as cosmetics go.

Throwing knives, Axes, Chakrams, throwing stars,etc.
You could then use these weapons to also perform hand to hand combos as well. That could be the two talent trees one focusing on boosting range and ranged attacks while the other boost hand to hand combat and combo attacks.

I mean, I’ve suggested a few ways that a melee class could work.

Projectile passthrough talent (since Shaman orbs already pass through allies, that kind of goes against the argument that projectiles with passthrough would cause bugs in pvp where projectiles go through other players. Certainly, such an issue probably does exist, but it wouldn’t be a new bug).

Force slashes for a more close to midrange playstyle. (We already have projectile weapons with Shamans, just not cosmetic, so force slashes is already pushing away from melee and I’d expect projectile weapons would just end up with a slightly different shaman).

Melee players could be taught to stay on the opposite side from most players. From what I know, Runemages used to have a quest to unlock. We could have the same for unlocking melee dps.

I’ve mentioned how most dps classes have some way of getting around body blocks.

Certainly, changes take time, but there should be change anyways to keep people interested and/or engaged. I believe I’ve mentioned this elsewhere, but we should embrace change instead of fearing it. Progress requires change and if nothing changes, progress cannot be made. Certainly, change isn’t always good, but it is still necessary for progress.

I don’t think anyone fears it bud, I think it’s simply as I’ve stated before people have come up with ideas and tried to get this to happen for 3 years now and in the end nothing. Why? Probably bc it’s not what the Devs envisioned for THEIR game.
I’ve gone beyond far enough to try to get you to go about this another way as well as many other players. I’m honestly not sure what you aren’t understanding. Hope you the best.

2 Likes

If this is not what the Devs envisioned for their game, then remove the talent tree for melee dps. It currently isn’t very effective anyways.

I’m suggesting these things because devs have not removed the warrior dps talent line. I say either make it effective or get rid of it. If the devs remove that, then so will I assume that they don’t want melee dps. It isn’t like I care either way. I’m just suggesting ways to make it work based on the fact that they haven’t removed it yet.

Basically, my belief is that if something exists in the game, but isn’t working, to suggest ways to make it work. If I see a problem or potential problem, I address it because I’d rather it be addressed.

1 Like

The thing is you’re mistaken. It isn’t a Warrior DPS talent tree… it’s still a tank and the talent tree just raises its DPS for sacrifice of Defense.

Even when using small shield the class is still meant to act as a tank not DPS. I believe the DPS increase is for Players who are trying to level the class and solo most of it rather than always trying to find someone to run with. I think it’s simply to help with leveling.

I’ve literally never seen anyone use the DPS talent tree and claim they are a DPS Warrior. Everyone just knows it’s still a tank even if you use the talent tree to raise your DPS. It’s a tank and is always played as a tank it doesn’t matter what tree you use it’ll always be played as a tank.

Anyways good luck to you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.