Make Potion of Forgetfulness weigh less

How about ditching the potion completely and have tinny the witch offer it as a service? Then there’s no weight involved, if you wanna respec you gotta visit the witch.

Feels kinda in line with lore too, I think.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why you’d carry full gear for every class. Do you really play all 4 classes in 1 dungeon based on the boss? Seems like a waste of inventory space. I’d understand 1 dps class and maybe musk, but ranger and mage? Gross!

2 Likes

Sorry, what’s “gross” about that…?! People and guilds are likely MUCH more different than I thought, judging from that comment (and some got little or no endgame experience, at all).

• Of course I do, starting with the trivial fact that i’m not the most sportive girl and can not play all-ranger for one evening, normally, that is also when I switch to mage, not only for different bosses, but if we farm 5 runs, even during these 5 runs on one boss, and if I get my guaranteed early and someone else needs it on heal I switch to my main (heal), that simple.
  • And you might be in an awesome big endgame guild where there’s always classes covering all possible spots but the most common situation in ours is we are there with 4 people, initially, and then even if with 5 some need go early, some later, new are skipping in once one person got the guaranteed and so on and depending on all that classes are switched all the time.
  • And then again there’s the point of gear, if you got several 20s you of course watch out for chances so in case it fits to group needs, you try to get better gear on alt classes, without porting to HS all the time in between.

These are just the common reasons, additional to the special ones (runetiles, diff affixes, need for decurse etc.) already named. So the very question does not come to my mind why gear for all classes - if you’re able to play them - would be needed in TM, it is just too common for me to even think it needed explanation, sorry.

Didn’t mean to touch a nerve. “Gross” was my attempt at humor. Big swing and a miss lol. Sure I’m in a decent size guild but none of our members carry 45lb of extra gear. Current dungeons can be run with blues and treasure hunter affixes, so I found it odd/funny you bring multiple affixes, rings, everything you own

1 Like

Yea that is the attitude which also hits a nerve, though. YOU might be able, but that is because most of you are already awesome geared and skilled. The rest is pure bs, sorry, or rather fantasy. True, I once did 7 different TM bosses on one evening, that was the record, and the group consisted of people playing much longer (and more) than me.
But there are other evenings where there’s wipe after wipe on Sentry and barely the 5 farm runs are possible, that is also well possible. There’s 2-4 bosses on “farm”, well, if core players are on, but due to time I don’t even get to all the rest once per week, on some like Squiddie I got 1 kill or 2, these need a ton of practice. Then there’s constantly new players or randoms who first of all are stepping into every AoE and so on. And in this situation every fckin piece of gear helps like health rings to counter hits you should never receive, in the first place, in an experienced group. That is the more realistic perspective outside top guilds, I think, and what I meant with groups are very different. PS: Also that is a bit OT, so if it’s not clear yet, I’d like to continue in pm rather ;).

I’m not sure why you’d carry full gear for every class. Do you really play all 4 classes in 1 dungeon based on the boss? Seems like a waste of inventory space. I’d understand 1 dps class and maybe musk, but ranger and mage? Gross!

I regularly carry five sets of gear. Magic Resist and Physical resist for Runemage and Musket, and one set for a class that I am leveling. This leaves very little room to carry other stuff.

Sure, I could go back to my house and stash things, but, simply put, this type of inventory management is incredibly tedious and not even close to fun. I don’t really enjoy spending time moving icons around grids. If I did, I’d play abstract board games.

Maybe some people enjoy this, and that’s fine, but personally I would like to see the base limit increased, or at least give us an extra pound per 10 points of strength or something.

1 Like

I concede. You definitely have a point. The dungeons were designed for full blues but that doesn’t exactly mean they’re easy. My original comment was towards runemage and ranger gear, as they’re both dps classes. Obviously they have different abilities and are better in different situations. I don’t play with many players outside of my guild so I can be pretty ignorant. I apologize.

6 Likes

Would be great to be able to have 4 sets of gear on us (1 for each class) so that when we switch class the gear is already equipped. Just like in diablo 2 or many other rpg.

3 Likes

Runemages get 1 shot by everything, so an extra set is not needed. As long as you have your wand, you could go through the dungeons naked:)

4 Likes

I’m all for more space an “attaching gear sets to weapons” template type deal to alleviate the extra weight. The current system works fine for me because I only carry 20lb of gear/items on me at any one time. However multiclassers have a harder time with inventory management

2 Likes

I literally killed Squiddie as a runemage in no armor, still didn’t get oneshot by the AoE :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, I’d love to have a gear manager system with at least 8 slots of gear that didn’t contribute to the weight. Magic and physical defense versions for all 4 classes. I suspect the dev response would be that the trade off for flexibility is being constrained on weight.

Hopefully at some point they will be willing to sell us backpacks or something that will increase our weight limit.

(And increase our banks, though that’s a slightly different discussion.)

1 Like

Would be really nice too cause you wouldn’t always lose time on changing your gear or waiting for someone else to change it during class switch.

1 Like

I know where you are coming from, but that’s quite an oversimplification. In the forest, for instance, it can be beneficial to swap between gear sets to reduce damage taken by boss mechanics that do not one-shot runemages. Right now you can get by on both of these bosses by wearing one set of gear with quite a bit of leeway for catching poisons on shroom. But will this hold in shard dungeons?

Yeah, I’m inclined to agree. Increased magic resist buys me more time on poison ticks, increased physical defense lets me take the non-tankbuster hits a little better, etc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.