Megathread: Frequent Crashes

Hi, I’m having random crashes to desktop between 10 mins to about 1 hour with the message Vrclient.exe stopped working I’ve emailed crash report and DX diag to you . My specs are i5 2500k 8Gb ram And AMD r9 290 I’m running it from from Steam via the Oculus client, that is launching it from my Oculus library .

Thanks for sending that in, Karl. I sent you an email in response.

Hi, I’m also having random crashes every 10 - 30 mins. VrClient.exe has stopped working. Specs: i5 6600k @ 4.2GHz, gtx1070 slightly OC’ed, 16 GB DDR4 @ 3 MHz, Windows 10. playing the steam version of the game on a oculus rift. mail with the log should be in your mailbox soon.

Random crashes - stopped working.
Also sometimes disconnect, for no apparent reason.

Specs: i5 4670k, GTX 970, 16GB G-Skill Ram - no stuttering, runs just fine

Sent you my crashlog per mail <3

Okay, so just bumping this up a bit in case other people are still having issues that haven’t contacted me.

At this point there are a few people who are still communicating with me via email who are having crashes every 30 minutes or so. The common thread seems to be they all have an i5 Processor, and they’re all using HTC Vive.

So:

1. If you are using an i5 and an HTC Vive and you are not having crashes, can you please let me know? That way I know if this is affecting everyone with that configuration or what the difference might be.

2. If you are still experiencing frequent crashes and we are not currently communicating via email, please look at the first post in this thread and send me your info.

Thank you!

Hey,

Just wanted to bump this after I sent an email with info.

I just started having crashes today. I think I may have had only like one or two in the last couple weeks, but today I had like 2 in the span of 2 hours. I am using an i5 processor, but I’m on Oculus Rift.

Best of luck in the debugging.

Hi Riley! Just opted out of the Oculus beta and it didn’t seem to change frequent crashing for me. The crashing typically displays “the connection has been closed by a remote host, please restart the game” usually after anywhere between 5-20 minutes every time I open up the game. Sometimes upon immediately starting up as well.

Intel Core i5-7600 CPU @ 3.50 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, Oculus Rift Headset.

Sent - I am on i5 and Vive and experience a “crash” without crash logs every 15-25 minutes.

I used to crash about every 30 min, but recently I have crashed a lot less and now recently haven’t had a crash in two sessions so something must have been improved!

1 Like

Glad to hear it! Are you on an i5 by any chance?

Yes I am, i5 2500. No crash tonight either. Looks very promising!

Great thanks. And did you get on the “beta” or “experimental” branch or anything? Or are you just on the “default” one? (If you’ve never gone into the “Betas” tab you would just be on “default”).

I’m on the default branch

1 Like

I’m old and couldn’t find out how to make an original post -

The walking area that Sir Markos stands on when he’s on the mountain is currently unavailable so people are standing around trying to talk to him but are unable. also the cave is a little bugged right now and I was able to walk through the walls (not the secret one) and be able to go to the maps edge. Just letting you guys know :slight_smile:

I am working on a fix for Markos right now, thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

Hi there! Dealing with a strange bug, today only. I open up Steam, then Oculus, and boot Orbus from the Oculus menu. I will either get to login, then be put in the world for a minute before “Connection closed by remote server”. Or I open the game and it doesn’t load my characters. There was some message to the effect of “…Couldn’t authorize login credentials”. Oddly, when I then exit the game, for a few seconds the Oculus Store does not load and Steam says “No Connection”. I am using an Oculus Rift, specs below. This has happened repeatedly, even after a few restarts.

GeForce GTX 970
i5-4690 CPU 3.5GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 10

Just sent my log your way!

Hmmm…I mean it looks like exactly what you said, after you start playing you get disconnected. The fact that Steam is saying No Connection as well (which would have nothing to do with us) leads me to believe there is something going on with your connection or ISP or something?

I thought so initially, but it is only happening with Orbus. I’ve tried Rocket League, BDO, and Overwatch since with no connection issues.

Hmmmm…

I mean what happens if you open up a Command Prompt and do

ping -t game-direct.orbusvr.com

And leave it running while you try to play? Do you get lost packets or anything?