Mob and Quest Scaling

Please do something with Mob and Quest Scaling…
its been like a week since i started my paladin and am lvl 22 and i haven’t found the need to go any further than traders road, well up to the second event … the portal one.
Thats the most i have needed to travel, change the mob and quest scaling and make us travel in the game for better gear and for our exp, how it is now i could probably just do this till 30 then camp in town and grind dungeons at 30 for my end game gear please give us a reason to explore the rest of the world

1 Like

There is plenty of reason to explore. Try other vendors. This was also discussed in another thread, I’m not sure where.

Mob scaling is crap : <

It really isn’t.

yeah there is plenty of reasons to explore but the thing is you just don’t have to because you can get the same amount of exp and same loot right-outside of the main city

why do we get better gear when the gear is not better
they should add stronger enemys where you can use the gear
not only for shards
i realy dont like it

The gear is most certainly stronger. There are enemies where if you don’t have better gear, you’re going to have a much harder time. The Wastelands isn’t exactly a walk in the park.

Exactly so why even bother going to the wastelands when you can get the same exp and same loot from the just outside the city i don’t see the point, to solve that they should remove quest and mob scaling.

you absolutely can, you get 5 quest tokens every day just don’t complete the higher lvl ones, it will always give you the low level quests for the same exp and loot you get doing the higher lvl quests… each box you open will give you a item for your level, mobs die faster than if you went to the wastelands ok they give more exp per kill in the wastelands but there harder to kill so its its a choice between slower kills and more exp or faster kills and less exp works out about the same, done with all that dungeon que from any place in the world

Vinny has a point about grinding low-level quests to end up with almost similar results with turning in quests. I do this too as it is easier to just find low-level quests and it’s easier to grind them to gold.

By loot I assume Vinny means equipment. As any lvl quest will yield gear based on your own level, not based on the level of the quest.You can grind low-level mobs for increasingly better equipment untill you max out then you need to do harder dungeons to get better equipment.

Loot like potions, dyes, etc; aren’t necessarily tied to enemy level, they are more tied to the kind of enemy. The GRINDING device too doesn’t drop loot based on enemy level, it increases the amount of loot you can get per charge (At least that’s what I’ve observed, please correct me if I’m wrong).

I like level-scaling when done correctly, I will not say if I feel this one is done correctly or not though. I will say that quest-scaling is an interesting statement to make, I haven’t thought about it untill it was brought up. I do believe quest rewards could have been done better but it would be hard to change due to the way the game works.

Id have to agree on never having felt the need to do anything but lower level quests, except for when i run low on tokens. You -can- explore and do other quests, but theres not a need to do it, and it would be nice if the quests forced you to leave the relative safety of highstepe

1 Like

While i’m against level scaling because I lack the uniqueness of zones there are plenty reasons to go out…

If you wanna level your main and alt classes efficiently, daily quests is really not the way, the fastest way is event-hoping. You go after this list:
https://armory.orbus.xyz/#/publicevents

and as you quickly figure the most efficient way to get xp is hop through ALL zones you can and do ALL events you can do in one batch, that is, at least 2 at once (usually the longest like Highsteppe, Obnobi, Fishing Event, Mine Event are last, before that you can easily finish another event - or fail it, even failing gives xp). The dailies I pick up for events since I do events anyway, which gives you xp for the event itself and as a side-effect for the quest.

For the endgame content most guilds require you to use potions, for these you gotta fish and farm all over zones or make enough dram to buy them by a grind/trade of your choice, but you hardly will succeed with trading, crafting, or farming by staying around Highsteppe all the time.

You will need ores to runetile your gear also, later on, and if you are not really rich you wanna farm those, again, all over zones.

Then there’s fun things to do like farming dyes all over the world or the jester balls which drop in wasteland from one specific group, only.
If you wanna get grinder rewards like the rare mount you will need to go to wasteland as well, farming red star mobs.

There’s reputation for every quest giver, gotten by weekly quests, which, again, lead you all over zones (not sure if you are at that point yet but at level 20+ you should!). Reputation gives you special rewards, some more interesting, some less, but I don’t see why anyone should not go for that…

Then there’s the MSQ and various lore quests which leads you to all places and unlocks outposts and npcs; at least the shard vendor is very useful to turn in your otherwise pretty useless green and blue shards for better ones, later on you will need a ton of glimmering shards to perfect your gear’s affixes.

(Enough reasons? I think people just don’t know the game too well who think staying in HS is the only thing you need… sure, you can, but then you also experience only a fraction of game activities, by your own choice…)

7 Likes

my bank is full of dye you get them randomly from the loot boxes they give you, its not just daily quests there… there is 2 events you can bounce between then server hop and do another run of it, fishing spot just down the road i think getting to max lvl in 1 - 2 weeks this way is the best and rly easy my toon is lvl 24 now almost 25 its been just over a week since i created it, i wont need ores or anything till i hit 30 so no point to explore until then… HS is the only thing you need until lvl 30… even then you still probably don’t need any of the other stuff you could just camp in your house and use the AH to buy mats and dungeon farm

i wouldn’t play chess with only pawns you would lose… what am trying to say is they need to do something with the easy ride and give us a reason to explore before you hit lvl 30… because right now you just don’t need to move from HS and its actually easier if you don’t. i want to explore i want to go to the actual dungeon entrances and walk in… i want to go get that ore for some reason maibie craft my own weapon would be cool but the thing is … instant dungeon que from anyplace in the world at any level, level 1 - 30 all grp up in a dungeon and it scales for the party, repeat lvl 1 quests for the same exp and loot you would get for a lvl 30 quest free loot every level any box you open will give you items for the level your on

There are two dungeons where you have to walk to.

Main quests requires you to explore too. I find those fun.

ill go find them because i want to see them is there any different loot in them ?

sweet ill go find them but ill probably hit 30 first

I think people have issues with not needing to spend hours in zones maybe? There’s stuff to do in the current overworld but none of it really requires you to adventure in a single zone for a huge length of time. Often, it’s put group together, do quick task, back to highsteppe.

Hopefully this won’t lead to a derail but old Orbus often had you do several hours of quests in a single zone with just a few detours back to highsteppe occasionally. My memory is a little fuzzy but I remember the guild city/wenderwood part of the MSQ being like this along with Lucian plateau part and perhaps some other parts as well. I also made a lot of friends during the Hunter Dern monster hunter quests that were always lengthy grinds in each zone.

Edit to add: probably the most time I spend out in the overworld in reborn without quickly returning to highsteppe is leveling the grinder. This only really requires me to spend significant time in crystal cave for the easy levels and then old growth for the hard level though.

1 Like

I think this is 100% the case. Especially if you are not interested in doing things like the lore quests. I still don’t know my way around too well in every zone except the highsteppe one. The exceptions are from the closest teleports to their respective lvl 30 dungeon.

Most areas had a decent number of MSQ quests and typically had a bunch of side quests to do. There was enough time spent in each area required for the main story that you got familiar with everywhere by the end of the questline. And people felt like there was a better reason to do it than just to get lore; MSQ was the fastest way to level your first character which is why most people did the MSQ. As a result it got people to explore the areas and get familiar with them.

With missions now there is less incentive to do the main story. Even less if you consider the fact you are just dropped into the game with very little in terms of backstory for an MSQ. The game does not do a good job of incentivizing the player to do the MSQ the player has very little reason to explore before level 30. If I can get to level 30 by just farming easy missions in highsteppe to get to level 30 why should I go out to really any other zones until I become level 30?

1 Like

exactly… i did do a few MSQ quests and quickly found out that the missions was gona get me to max level faster so just stopped doing them … how i see this game atm is grind to 30 doing dailys and easy quests in HS maybe some dungeons if you find a decent group and run them fast enough and the 2 events in HS then enjoy the MSQ do shard dungeons then raids no point to leave HS until level 30 and if they add more levels probaly back to HS to level lol if they added more exp to the MSQ quests i would do them