As part of the raid patch we wanted to make some changes to the musketeer class. Our goal was to give the musketeer something more interactive to do during their down time between shots and while their orbs were on cooldown as well as providing a way for them to manage cooldowns a little more effectively for better burst in critical situations.
Our solution comes in the form of turret gizmos. Gizmos are small packages that spawn in a radius around an active turret every few seconds. Once the gizmos spawn the musketeer can collect them and toss them at their turret to upgrade it. After being upgraded for a 5th time (progress tracked by the class bar) the musketeer will have the cooldown for a subset of their orbs reset and and will gain a damage and healing boost for a short time afterwards.
Here’s a prototype video:
The orbs that will have their cooldowns reset are as follows:
Turret is in damage mode - Poison, Frost, Gravity, Impact
Turret is in healing mode - Shield, Renew, Cure Wounds, Decurse
In addition to this we will be making a few more changes to the class to increase its viability in the Reborn world.
- Add a charged shot stun to the class (expect this to function similarly to the Scoundrel charged shot)
- Buff potency of renew and cure wounds
- Reduce the cooldown of cure wounds
- Reduce the cooldown of decurse
- Combine weakness and frost orbs into one orb that will significantly weaken and slow the opponent over a short time
- Replace the current weakness orb with an Impact Orb that does damage to all enemies within its range. This can be used against a solo enemy for a larger amount of damage or that damage can be split among multiple enemies.
- Lifewell will now be a permanent class ability and will be located on the player’s body instead of requiring an orb slot
- The Total Recall talent will be made an innate class ability
- Will be replaced with a shield orb related talent. Small healing along with shield as one choice, small AoE explosion on expiration as the other choice.
- The Empowered Turret talent will be made an innate class ability
- Will be replaced with a talent that moves the current default turret/orb interaction to the charged shot