Nerf on Healing Potions

I believe that a cool down is needed on Healing potions due to the fact that it is to Overpowered in PVP, I believe that if there was at least a 5-15 second cool down on them it can resolve the problem of just spamming that but if you able to get Aged concentrated healing potions in pvp and drink them it is unfair for the other person because they will not die.

4 Likes

The cd is built in by the fact that you can only carry so many potions and the fact that they are not instant. I’ve never had a problem killing anyone that was using healing potions. If you are struggling with that I’d recommend trying a different strategy.

Yeah you can only carry 10-15 at a time, and there’s like a 2 second delay built in to the potion drinking mechanic. You can easily overcome this by just killing the person in less than 2 seconds, or depleting their health 10 to 15 times. Try out one of those strats.

2 Likes

The whole nature of open world pvp is not for it to be a “fair” fight. People gank others, can have better team comps, outnumber others ect. If someone is willing to spend the time to make all the potions, and get a benefit off that in the wilds then good for them they’ve probably wasted their time. Fair fights will hopefully be coming to battlegrounds, but right now it’s fair in the fact that you have the opportunity to bring an arsenal with you into the wilds.

Honestly if you have a dps with you, there’s probably only maybe 5 people in the game you couldn’t kill while they drink the potion. Yourself being one of the few.

1 Like

Wouldn’t know, Ive never drank a potion in pvp… come to think of it… i dont think ive ever drank a healing potion ever. #muskiethings

1 Like

Dylan, while what you are saying may, or may not be true (who could really tell??) consider this: Following around a ranger shooting him/her with poison orbs while they chug potions over and over again, is gratifying in its own way. Try it… you’ll like it.

I don’t really have much to contribute to this topic from a dev standpoint, but the discussion reminded me of a video. So I can only imagine this is how some PvP fights go when armed with many potions.

5 Likes

The issue is when a group of 5 is struggling to take down one with potions lmao (might be a bit of an exaggeration, but still)

lol i have tried doing that to a ranger “Kamina” in which he wasted approximately 10 concentrated aged healing potions on fighting me.

1 Like

I’m not saying you cannot drink them, i’m saying to have a cool down timer or debuff to prevent people from just spamming potions. During a 1v1 situation, all the other person has to do is drink a potion and they are full health, they get low, they drink another 2 seconds later and are at full health.

1 Like

well all you need is about 1 to become full health again.

1 Like

We know the struggle of PvP with healers. Yes you can spam poison but all that happens is just spam potions. By the time they realize that they are not going to win they can run away or down more healing potions while they run to safety.

1 Like

well i mean, healers get that wit cure wounds plus shield plus renew plus turret for free, and regarding that one specific fight healing pots are cheap, it was a 1v3. and it turned it good, call it fair?

Love that video!..potion sickness debuff? Have too many too soon you puke it all up?

Burst damage ftw:::slight_smile:

Runemage ftw :smile:

I think it would be a nice idea to actually make the potions not drinkable in the wild at all, but obviously something need to be change with the healing potions because it is totally unfair to let people just drink those potions back to back,

I mean we all know we’re talking about EK, they got a guild chest full of potions, no one can compete with them if they can bring their potions with them well not with finely aged concentrated healing potions that’s 100% sure.

It’s no fun to go vs someone that can beat you because of how rich they are.

What I mean is that no one can waste money like them at this point so even if other guilds would want to invest into potions, it would take too much time of farming and of aging or too much drams, to actually do some fair fights.

If you want more PVP and more people fighting for the trickster chest, you should stop letting people use potions at all.

That’s my opinion,

Marc

1 Like

EK avoids using pots because they usually aren’t worth the cost and, this sounds rude but, we don’t need them 90% of the time. The few cases potions are used are when it’s a 1vX situation and it’s the only way to survive as a solo.

Example: At the 4:30cst chest we won a 5v10 without using any potions

1 Like

No invisibility potions?

I was referring to HP pots (as this post is regarding HP pots as being OP). We used 1 invis to initiate the fight to knock out 2 of your 10 to make it a 5v8. No hp pots, speed pots, or other were used in the 5v8. I should have been more clear