New Issues on the Valve Index: Vrclient

I took a look at the thread here in detail: Valve Index Controller input issue - Bugs and Technical Issues - OrbusVR Community

I’m experiencing much of the same, but with a new wrinkle. When the game launches, rather than launching as OrbusVR in Steam, it identifies itself as Vrclient (probably because the base program is OrbusVR/Vrclient.exe). On the Valve Index, we rely on using community bindings, and when the game doesn’t identify itself correctly, we can’t use one of the bindings from the community.

The upshot of this is I can’t grab anything: not the compass, not a bow, not the teleportation thingy.

Anyone else having this problem? Anything I can do? Help! Thanks, yo.

The executable has always been called vrclient, that’s not an issue.
If you can’t choose a community binding or change bindings at all it’s likely a SteamVR issue, should work after restarting SteamVR.

Thanks for the reply! It sounds like it might be an issue with a Steam update. When I click the “system menu” button, there is a rectangle which usually shows a thumbnail of what game you are currently playing. For both OrbusVR and Oh Shape, it currently just shows a grey rectangle. Beat Saber works correctly. I’m wondering if Steam VR changed their metadata API to a new field, or something.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.