Valve Index Controller input issue

Bug with Valve Index in the current patch:

Teleport is being engaged when my sticks are pushed over 3/4 of their travel distance. This is making it very difficult to use smooth movement. The touch pads still require a click to activate teleport, but are way less ideal than using the analog sticks (which also still teleport when clicking in). Currently the only way I can run at full speed is to hold forward on both of the track pads at once and keep my thumbs synchronized for movement.

I had the same issue when i updated. If you go into the steamvr menu and controller config then change to someone elses settings (i think timo and someone else has some custom ones). That should stop it.

This game sorely needs SteamVR input mapping support.

I’m having the same issue on my Index controllers as well. Considering the analog sticks, touchpad, and button brings up teleport, I really just want the analog sticks dedicated to just smooth movement and teleport mapped to something else.

I’m not seeing this option in SteamVR. Do we need to do something to enable or find it?

1 Like

When you press the menu button for the overlay the controller settings should be next to the home button or exit game button.

It already has that support…

For example… I created a custom config for my mage which allows me to single click to double cast and teleport by pressing buttons on my left or right controller.

Well… that kinda explains why some look at others doing ‘impossible’ things (other than drawing fast due to practice, which is certainly part of it). I wonder if the single-click shouldn’t be an option available to everyone. There’s no real need for the double click and it can’t be that only the technically savvy can advance to that point.

1 Like

single click to cast* dunno why i wrote double cast there? lol

There isnt really anything technnically savvy about it… Its literally just going in to the steam official settings and changing keybindings. Something they released for their knuckle controllers but you can change bindings on your vive controllers and rift controllers too if you want.

I guess mages will certainly do that to improve, the question is, why they should need to. If the doubleclick is just a slowdown it should go or stay as an option.

the issue faced is that if single click is the default then mages can no longer preload spells on their wand which can be quite a massive disadvantage in PvP or if you got a spell ready as an opener when starting combat in PvE situations.

What I instead did was made it so that when i touch the pad, it is mapped to a single press on the touch pad. that allows me to preload spells without releasing still where a press on the touch pad presses twice.

We don’t; I don’t use this lol

But an option for release on cast automatically in game would be nice

Ill share my keybindings and a video describing how I do it if that helps.

2 Likes

I would like to try it out, probably won’t use it but it would be interesting to play around with

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.