New Patch: 3.60

There’s a new patch that will be going live in about 30 minutes on both the client and server.

NOTE: This will require a server restart that may take up to 10 minutes to complete!

In particular:

• New Market Stall leases have been auctioned off and now all Market Stalls in both Highsteppe and Guild City are occupied. In addition, some Market Stalls now have 24 items for sale instead of just 12.
  • The “First Strike” affix will no longer proc on the Ranger’s Charged Shot or the Runemage’s Sunfire (super ability).
  • The Ranger’s super ability has been adjusted such that if you are firing more than 1 arrow per second, the amount of super you gain per shot will be reduced.
  • Fixed a series of bugs which would cause players using the Sliding locomotion to be “stuck” until they teleported after some things in-game such as using a Mage Portal, resurrecting at the Graveyard, etc.
  • Made an adjustment to the movement system regarding enemy blocking. You still cannot enter an enemy’s hitbox, but if you use some abilities such as the Warrior’s Sword Rush, or if an enemy walks over you itself, you can now freely slide out of the enemy’s hitbox without needing to teleport. This should generally solve all the problems with Warriors getting stuck after using Sword Rush.
  • Made hopefully the final fix needed to the tooltips so that they now always show up even on boxes that were previously covered by a tooltip.
  • The performance improvements from the Beta branch are now incorporated in the default branch of the game. This should lead to improved performance especially on systems with slower CPUs.

Thanks!

16 Likes

Is this a direct response to the threads about ranger spam not being fun? What do you mean the amount of “super” is reduced? Can someone clarify?

Excellent!

As always, I really appreciate the amount of work you guys are putting in. Another great patch.

No, the charge that builds up which allows you to use your Super. The Super abilities across all classes are supposed to be balanced such that you can use your Super ability around once every 60-90 seconds (assuming something like a Boss fight where you’re constantly firing). There was an oversight on my part where the amount of Super gained for each Ranger shot was based around the idea of hitting an enemy around once per second. So for people spamming arrows, their Super was building up way faster than intended. It has now been adjusted such that even if you fire faster than 1 arrow/sec, your Super still builds up at the intended rate. This brings the “arrow spamming Ranger” in line with the other classes in terms of how often their Super is available to use.

Note that I say “60-90” seconds because all classes have a built-in mechanic whereby they can charge their Super faster. For Runemages it’s casting different spells rather than the same one over and over, and also not “missing” spell casts. For Rangers it’s based on your “streak” of not missing a target and how far away the target is from you. However, it was totally unbalanced if you were spamming 3 shots/sec since it was balanced around 1 shot/sec.

2 Likes

Warrior fixes - woot! Can’t wait to try them out.

6 Likes

Thanks for clarifying Riley!

1 Like

The client-side patches are now available to download, server will be restarting shortly.

Thanks so much Dev’s for pushing these out so fast. I’m super excited to try this out.

Any reason to stay on beta branch?

All branches will be on the same code as of this morning. So you can switch off. Eventually we may put more new code on Beta.

1 Like

Server is going down for restart now. This may take up to 10 minutes. Thanks for your patience.

The server is now coming back online. Thanks!

1 Like

yay! No more getting stuck in the graveyard!
i always tried to move and was like…“oh yea…boop”

2 Likes

If you are having problems with Rangers firing too quickly, you could always make it a little harder to fire by requiring the player draw every arrow from a quiver (Even if it’s hip or bow-mounted, back-mounted would be a bit much)

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(I get why this had to happen, but it was really fun to be able to reliably instagib Logan in the wilds)

3 Likes

Tying your intention for supers overall to the musketeer’s:

Is there any way Musketeers can get a 20% damage increase for 10 seconds?

If your intention is for everyone to be using their super every 90 seconds or so, a small dps boost would be a good incentive for musketeers.

Group Healing: 20% damage to the gun would be very marginal, so keep it for the next healing burst.

Solo/Small Groups: 20% damage increase to the gun, turret and poison bullet would be significant enough to spam it as often as possible.

I only bring this up because while in “dps mode” which for me is Cure Wounds, Renew, Poison and Weakness, I almost never use my super. Getting poison and Weakness back again usually isn’t necessary. If I accidentally pull a 5-star mob, switching the turret to heal is usually enough to not die, so long as its barely a 5-star. If it is a fairly deep 5-star, I’m pretty good at teleporting away while healing myself, and escape (assuming it can’t two shot me, in which case the super wouldn’t help anyway).

So while not being in healing mode, I usually don’t use it. But if it added a marginal dps boost, then it would be worth spamming while soloing.

2 Likes

Im dissapointed that you describe it as ‘arrow spamming ranger’. As an end game player my main task is to maintain the highest damage per second as possible. To do that i need to be shooting at as close to 3 arrows per second as possible whilst using my arrows off cooldown… so by saying that i am ‘spamming’ my arrows by maintaining that dissapoints me. Are you saying that it is not intended that end game players maintain 3 arrows per second?

1 Like

What do you want to be called? “Fast Fire”?

I’ve been pretty clear on the fact that I consider fast-firing to be a viable way to play the game, but it’s not intended to be the only way, and also obviously it shouldn’t break game mechanics.

I think you’re reading a little too much into that one comment.

1 Like

No thanks. I dont want any RSI.

I mean the Musketeer super does regenerate orbs instantly but it also causes orbs to come back much more quickly as well while it’s active. So the idea is you are getting a boost that way. Poison, for example, stacks, so getting off two or three Poison orbs in 6 seconds should give a pretty nice DPS boost. That said I’m not opposed to modifying it if it’s still not worth it. But didn’t know if you knew about that part of it.

2 Likes