New Patch: 3.66

There’s a new minor client-side patch out today that includes some new code that should help with performance related to some networking issues. It may also contain a fix that will help with crashes for people who had to use the “-connectws” option previously.

It’s going out now to both the Steam and Oculus stores.

Thanks!

1 Like

Killing it! Is the content patch still on track for the 29th? Working on hitting level 20 and will push harder if so.

4 Likes

So those of us who required the connectws option should remove it after this patch correct?

Sweet, these random crashes or networking issues were annoying, glad to see it being fixed;)

Yes go ahead and try and see what happens.

Note that it may still be required for some people. This would only have fixed crashing issues (potentially, again I’m just trying some things out). But if you were using the -connectws option due to disconnects then it may still be required.

Yes. The worst case scenario is we only launch with say 2 Dungeon Wings instead of all 4 (this Oculus Store launch is taking a bit of bandwidth out of the Dev Team I wasn’t originally planning on spending right now), but we will definitely launch with new content on the 29th for sure.

6 Likes

I had not crashed once so far (15hrs game-time) but after this patch I’m on my 3rd or 4th crash now, is it possible something went wrong?

It’s entirely possible, haha.

First, if you can go to:

(SteamLibraryFolder)/steamapps/common/OrbusVR

Check and see if there are any folders in there with today’s date on them. If there are and you could ZIP them up and email them to me at [email protected] that would be super helpful.

After that, try this:

Right-click on “OrbusVR” in your Steam library list, then choose “Properties…”, then go to the “Betas” tab and choose “rollback” from the drop-down. That will put you back on the previous patch version. Let me know if that fixes your crashes.

Is anyone else experiencing crashes that they weren’t before?

Did you mean to say “folders”? Because the vrclient_data folder has todays date and time post patch but it’s almost 4gb and I’ll have difficulty mailing that size to you… :slight_smile:

No there would be like an actual folder called like “20180123” or something in there. If you don’t see that no worries. Try the rollback branch and let me know if that helps.

Same Problem here.
I have 123 Hours of playtime with no problems.
Today the game crashes or hangs (vrclinet not responding, or chrash to Vr-home) on every loadscreen in the game (when i walk and the game must load).
I use now the option “-connectws” and now i can play without problems.

Well shoot. I guess that didn’t work so good. Let me put out a new patch and remove those changes until we can try again with something else.

same here, i m gonna send the crash report

EDIT: The thing is, there is no crash reports…

everytime i crashed was a “VRclient stopped working” kind of thing

Okay, so there’s a new patch to download on the default branch where I turned off what I think is causing the new crashes. So restart your Steam client to get that new version and let me know if that helps.

Did that help or are you all still getting crashes?

I also crashed 100% on the zone switching earlier, now I didn’t crash for the first 3-4 zone changes but eventually crashed in a zone switch anyway.

It’s the vrclient kind of crash if that helps anything.

Oh it’s specifically happening on zone changes? Sorry I missed that part. Okay.

So the new patch is better but still not totally fixed for you.

@seb_D and @Walter_T how about you all?

I just put out another new little patch to the default branch with some further fixes. Please let me know if that helps at all.

Just bumping this thread. If you’re still having crash issues, be sure to restart your Steam client to get the latest patch. If it doesn’t update and you’re still having crashes, please let me know so I can keep working on it. Thanks!