Numbers for HP, heals, DMG taken, and healing rune tilesets

Would seriously be nice to have concrete numbers to work with. Like oh I put this glove on and it dropped my health by 200.

I agree, numbers would be a big boon for a lot of us, and ignored at worst by everyone else.

I know way too many person hours have been invested by people trying to figure out a way to simply understand the numbers for their health. Damage has a number, why not HP? Totally on the same page with this.

2 Likes

And don’t get me wrong. I’m not mad or anything, it’s all good. I’m just super baffled by this whole scenario and the lack of demand for answers on it. It’s not like I asked for the location of the trickster chest when they announced it. That kinda thing is something that should, and had better be for that matter, a secret to the devs. This is just kinda like, why on Earth don’t we have this information? Why would you keep it secret? Lol do you see what I’m saying?

I really hope a dev hops in here and sheds some light on all this. Would certainly help us Muskies.

1 Like

I wasn’t saying we don’t need the numbers, I think it would be a great change tbh, we wouldn’t have spent all that time testing stuff to work out the numbers if we didn’t think they were needed.

@Riley_D knows we want them and is planning on adding them but I guess it keeps getting pushed back so he can focus on other things

1 Like

I’m still kinda confused by the fact that they already exist and have just been hidden. I mean, they have to already exist. Maybe not in a UI friendly format, but how much of this game isn’t already lol

Okay so I wanted to double-check on this before I responded to make sure I was accurate.

Currently, Intellect is the only thing that boosts healing. That doesn’t make a lot of sense, so as of the patch on Friday anything that boosts damage will also boost healing (e.g. Runesmith procs, group buffs, etc.).

As for the general question of why aren’t we exposing more information, it’s on our to-do list. Getting it to show the healing numbers as you heal (just like the damage numbers) is something I really want to happen soon, and I took a stab at it a couple of patches ago but it I noted in the forum post at that time it was going to be a more complicated fix than I thought, which is why it hasn’t happened yet.

Beyond that, I think long-term we’ve discussed having something like damage numbers show up in the output log so people could parse those later to get information like DPS.

It’s not that we are purposely hiding that information, or we’ve made some decision to not show it, it’s just that exposing those values does take some work and it’s just never made it to the top of the list yet, because other things have taken priority (like fixing crashes or core mechanical issues with classes).

5 Likes

This is huge. We now need to outfit our muskets in rune smithing gear overnight. Not complaining, I’ll take the buff but could we get a heads up on any other changes that could affect tomorrow’s release?

Will strength affect healing as well? My guess is no but I wanted to clarify. Now would be a great time for an info dump on tomorrow’s raid. :smile:

Only Status Effects that specifically affect the damageBoost type will affect it, so no not Strength.

The ones that players would have access to on that front would be the Runesmith proc and then the talented effects like the Warrior and Runemage group buffs.

I have heard that shared streak overwrites selfish streak, but I don’t recall hearing if this was intended or not. With this new musket healing change, would this be subject to change as to not affect current dps if a single mage uses shared streak to increase healing in fights?

Just to clarify here - you’re saying definitively that crit healing exists? Or is that being added as well?

Okay thats what I expected. Will this change be for musket only or will profile healing note be subject to buffs as well?

I don’t think I addressed Crit Healing in my original post, but it has always existed already, the same mechanism which determines a crit already worked for healing as well.

I’m not sure what you mean by profile healing, but the only thing this would affect from a Player standpoint would be healing generated by abilities, not things like potions (if that was a typo).

No changes on that front as of right now.

Provoke healing also… Sorry phone autocorrect is pesky.

Yes it will affect Provoke Healing as well.

2 Likes

Thank you very much Riley. That’s a great change. I’m going to go pick up lots of rocks tonight. :raised_hands:

Thank you very much for the info! I’ve been in game for a long time and it’s always kinda driven me nuts to not know things like base HP, but I just left it in the dust until I recently made up some basic tilesets for my MSK using actual battle to figure out it instead of a training dummy. And here I thought I was special. But as it turns out, everyone was right and I was crazy. My apologies then, but not after tomorrow!

So, in the case of renew I assume it’ll be higher ticks for the HoT? And shield will have a higher potency?

Sooo, any sort of balancing for pvp for the pre healing buff OP musket and now the even more OP musket?

Tile sets alone will completely negate the puny impact the poison debuff had

Just curious, do any affixes for weapons for crit work on heals from orbs in any way? And are any that would be considered useful on the list of stuff for the near future?

If you have a charge strikes gun, I will be willing to test it with you tomorrow if Riley doesn’t answer before then

1 Like

Be interesting if iceheart and giantkiller worked on the splash off the boss