Obsidian location

With the update on the spawn, it is nice to have the extra ore when you run through but at the same time, we still have the same problem. When one person runs through, most of the time, they pick up all the ore, and that’s great for that one person but in peak hours when there are 100+ people on it is really crappy for anyone else trying to farm. I’m not saying add more nodes but it would be nice to find them in another cave rather than just that one. That way when going for ore you at least have a higher chance of getting some and it keeps people from camping the ore off spawn.

Now, this is just my opinion. Let me know what you guys think. I could just be really unlucky when I run through and not see any, but I feel this could fix the problem.

6 Likes

Is every ore in reborn only found in 1 location? :thinking:

Maybe having a few ore spawn player specific instead of all shared?

Maybe some of the new mobs can drop random ores in the islands.

1 Like

It would be really nice to have the obsidian and knights tears spread out in various caves over the map.

They have their own area but some can spawn in different caves like the rain forest has 2 caves.

Knight’s Tear and Cryejil are also only in one spot. Hulthine’s basin also has incredibly slow respawn times on harvestable items. This is a good thing.

Obsidian is the rare resources of the game. If there’s none in the cave, just go back later. The respawn timer got cut so you won’t have to wait long. If you check every 15-20 minutes you can get a full stack in less than a day.

1 Like

Grathorp, and Nahomium are found in at least two locations in their zone. Linstanium is found in both Rainforest and Lamavora.

I don’t really get why the rocks have to be so lumped together in a cave only, it feels like it’s made for farming, and not for the average player that just randomly runs around the zone and takes what he sees.

I would prefer it to change to something more like how it was in the oldgame, with nods beeing spread out over a larger area, so several people can gather them at once, and perhaps mess a bit with the respawntimer so they don’t all pop up after the exsact same time, in one smal spot.

4 Likes

@Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeshka having to camp it to get anything at all is the opposite of fun.

It is a pain coming back every 15-20 minutes for something that has likely already been farmed by the person who got there just before you.

1 Like

It’s a rare resource. We don’t really have many of those in this game. I’d like not having every resource readily available 24/7.

Not to mention, about half the time I go to that cave it’s untouched with full spawns. It’s not like obsidian isn’t available at all

Its not even that its a rare resource it has about the same amount of spawns as the rest of the ore its just that its an overly contested spot. And even if its a rare resource spreading it out to other cave wouldn’t change that it would just make it so more people have a chance to get some. Same amount of spawns spread through out different caves is all im saying.

1 Like

I think the best solution would be to take the Linstantium out of the rainforest cave and replace it with obsidian, obsidian is the most used ore, it’s used in all of the tiles which are currently used as well as for quests where was linstantium is used in some of those tiles but not all of them and isn’t required for quests but is in 2 locations, no missions require you to get linstantium from the rainforest, only from lamavora so it wouldn’t effect the missions in any way and lets face it, everyone who has been getting obsidian or nahomium already has too much linstantium anyway so the reduced amount in the overworld wouldn’t be a bad thing and might even pump a little value back into it

4 Likes

They should make obsidian drop from all reward chests. That way everyone can have it in bulk.

No, that’s not a good thing at all

2 Likes

No please no

1 Like

Why Pick! Why!?!

2 Likes

Nooooooooooooo. Plzzz nooooo.

2 Likes

The amount of nope is off the charts. We need rare resources.

I’m fine with rare resources being in the game, but obsidian cant be that resource. It’s used for the MSQ and tilesets.

Also, like I said, I’m only saying to move it around to different caves not increase the number of spawns. If it is as rare as you say, then it won’t change if it spawns the same amount elsewhere.

2 Likes