Oldschool Orbus please

Wow. We finally get a response from a dev on a post that was literally us begging y’all to hear us and respond, and its you closing it because we kept reviving it due to the devs never saying anything on that subject :clown_face:

5 Likes

Trust me. It works perfectly fine. Just practice more. You may think that you are drawing it perfectly, but you clearly aren’t.

2 Likes

runemage is too finicky for me to play ive tried it several times, if the spells did not require so much precision I would be more into that for sure

I think its actually mostly shortcuts that are very too much of a pain, but without the shortcuts you cant nearly keep up with anyone

I couldn’t agree more with @Trumpchange… As an almost expert Raid achiever, I am done with mage and on to classes that are actually fun to play with out breaking yourself just because ‘elite’-loud-mouth players keep complaining that they don’t have a challenge. A game should be challenging but also fun for the average! When the average becomes no fun, you get a Reborn type of game!

1 Like

Some of us only play to keep up the leaderboards but don’t really care about reborn

1 Like

You can do end game content as mage without resorting to the meta shortcuts. I know this because I used to do it… I’ve learned the shortcuts since then and it’s much easier, but you don’t need to.

Also, end game content shouldn’t be achievable by the average player.

1 Like

I can respect your opinion but I don’t think that everyone is at the same level and a game should be fun. If you want to compete in the national best, then perhaps you can enter some contest somewhere. We all pay money to have fun and at some point, you need to draw a line and what you constantly keep suggesting, goes over that line and isn’t fun for the average player.

1 Like

Everyone’s comments keep pointing to how two worlds are best, we can travel between them and share an average of scores between them but overall they are separate worlds with distinct stats…
You would clearly stay on one side, but I would go across both worlds and get what I can, but as long as we are having fun!..

1 Like

Maybe another solution is for players like yourself, to pay more for the game and get more content or levels… but you would kind of be isolated in your own world?

1 Like

The game should be fun for all levels, definitely. I think we’re there already. Newer players can enjoy the overworld and four distinctly different dungeons. Better skilled players can enjoy shard dungeons and the other two dungeons. Higher skilled players can enjoy high level shards and raids. Only the top tier players should be able to complete a tier 15 shard or Hard Mode raid. There’s no reason a low skilled player should be completing tier 10s+.

Again, having the two games combined isn’t a viable solution. And contrary to what you think, I’d likely spend most of my time in Preborn. I miss the sense of exploration I had there.

Why would I pay for more content when end game content is already here? I can challenge myself with something that’s already in the game, and the fact that it’s there is something people can work towards. I worked my butt off practicing DPS and Healing so I could contribute to hard mode raids and 10+ shards. It was a clear goal that I could work for. Knowing that only a few players can take those on made me feel like I had accomplished a big task.

I have no idea where this rumor is coming from but this is not something that ever happened, nor would it have anything to do with us making Reborn. Just making it clear.

3 Likes

this thread is going so far off topic anyways my main focus here is on either a classic version of Orbus or, old stuff added into reborn, like the trickster chest, wilds, and the old expert raid

There apparently was a client-side hack once (edit: see Sparkys link below), but sorry, thinking Reborn has anything to do with it or is a reaction to it is just (technical!) bs - as well as making a big deal outta it. People tampering with the client is happening in other MMOs all the time, not only botters and cheaters look into this, but also serious modders (look at Pokemon with its numerous unauthorized maps, shut down one by one).
There’s never a 100% protection, not in the OG, not in Reborn, however people tryin these things mostly get banned right away just like it happend with the Orbus-incident. And yes, this is VERY OT :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article209909374.html This is the article that most people know it from. and metris no I do not use alt accounts no clue who that barZ person is

2 Likes

I apologize for this mistake. I deleted my previous comment.

Also that article is exactly where I came to that conclusion. I am a new player btw and really having a great time learning to play Mage (even though its near impossible to quest alone). I had purchased a long time ago ( I guess when it was the OG) and returned it. So I suppose in my opinion this one got me into in faster.

2 Likes

Yes, this was a long time ago in original Orbus, and we added additional client side security, but just to be clear, this was handled promptly and has not been a problem since.

Like Metris points out, we are an MMORPG and there will always be someone trying to gain an advantage over other players. We take very this seriously and have measures to prevent this, but as I said originally this had absolutely no impact on our decision to create Reborn.

Just to get this thread back on track, while we have no plans on bringing original Orbus back as a whole and separate server, we do always read these threads to see what ideas and features people want back and what we’re able to do in that direction.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Bring back the iconic Hmm-hm-HMM man even as an Easter egg somewhere in the game.

Nobody cares if it was a purchased unity sound asset.

Newbies loved this thing in the old game, almost every new player I helped would pass by it and then imitate him. It was great.

4 Likes