Oldschool Orbus please

+1 for bringing back “MAH! MAH!” and “doo DO dooooo” sound bites

5 Likes

I have been playing orbus for a long time and while I do miss old orbus and I wish I could go back in time and play it again. I just know that it will probably never happen and im cool with that, reborn is pretty good too.

a few people in this thread (obviously not all) are getting a little aggressive towards the devs, and im not trying to be annoying but as a great quote goes “nostalgia is one of humans greatest weaknesses, second only to the neck.”

Old orbus was great, but not without its share of problems, it was a buggy mess, and reborn is already doing better with a fair amount of those bugs. I think I should list one achievable thing I want from the devs… Aberrations, add the old ones add some new ones, adding a desert OR a winter area would be a perfect place too put these, also making people happy that a place like that exists (you could cheat and do the winter area since you are already making textures for it right now!)

1 Like

well said chase I must add though that there should be a trickster chest added, the goblin would be a cool addition for something to do between tricksters chest but should have never all out replaced it. I cannot believe they took that away and it is so crappy that they did. please give it back.

Some people don’t mind the change, some want old orbus, some do not care. I’m not looking to bash anyone or looking to get bashed myself. I’m just one to enjoy what I have, and I do enjoy reborn.

3 Likes

can I by chance get an answer if any of this will happen?

We need Orbus restored for Christmas! I would gadly rebuy the game for myself and my friends!

1 Like

I would like to see normal mountains and scenery come back.
-Another city like guild city with stalls for the market. In fact many little villages like we used to have with stalls.
-I’d like to see the airship come back,
-Frosted spit
-Wilds and the trickster’s chest
-mountain climbing
-all the cool mobs, like the spiders, crabs, aberrations, ghosts, rabbits, the dragon at highsteppe…
-I miss the runemage contest and I think it should be expanded to all classes
-The burning forest and their mobs were really cool. (as well as the pigs in the very next zone by the dungeon)
-hidden places like where the hidden room was under Matt’s Keep.
-I wish I could walk into highsteppe like we used to (especially since playing while sitting, makes it super hard to open doors all the time. I hit a wall, then I have to wiggle my way closer to the door somehow so I can reach the door handle, and sometimes I end up through the wall…)
-spider island was a really neat place to play and kill stuff.
-Runes so I can teleport directly to spots like we used to rather than having to find a pillar
-Hidden places that we can find with the Ithacac potion, I checked the new world and I have found nothing…
-The wall of door labyrinth in the desert was also really cool, it’d be nice to see a new variation of that
-The guards that come after you when you come out of the wilds
-Old kingsport was a nice place (could have been more functional, but)
-The Zoo, just before frosted spit
-The startup area for new players that used to be above highsteppe
-The hanging village above lamavora
-The Chudkatet’s… (If I even spelled that right)
-the equipment looked WAYYYY more badass!
-the weapons, potions were less broken and alot more evenly distributed
-the raids and dungeons/bosses/strats
-most of all, the rewards we used to get after doing all that hard work!

…Man I miss the whole game!
This a start for my list…

3 Likes

what im mostly getting from you is mob variety and unique locations, which would be great for this game.

highsteppe has sort of become guild city. With the current lore of the game it would not make sense for another major city to exist, sadly.

4 Likes

The lack of zone variety also irked me a bit. Currently the zones are pretty vertical and require a lot of backtracking. Exploring new bioms was one of the most exciting things I’d done in OG. I hate backtracking just to get up a long ramp or up a hill.

5 Likes

I want my MOGA hat!!!

2 Likes

I’d like to see more major cities or forts.

On the topic of OS, Runescape has the ability to slpit its player base and still have enough activity. That and the crew to manage two games with updates and such. Be a lot to track two games with the amount of devs. I couldon’t see OS orbus but that would be a major undertaking.

Hah, they had at mininum 39k people online on that day I happen to look, 98k were online on their stats!..

2 Likes

Oh really?! I just based it on the amount of people I see play. Almost 100k people play? That’s pretty cool.

Yessir… Can you imagine Orbus if it had even 15k people in it all at one how awesome it would be?

1 Like

James add me on Orbus “TrumpChange”

Straight up lol

1 Like

lol can we just get old orbus back… :frowning: So many groups and people have been broken up and stopped playing orbus because they do not like what reborn has to offer and how it has changed our orbus…

Also, these “bring og orbus back” topics will always re-emerge no matter how many times the thread gets interrupted or closed… these topics are always going to come back.

Would be good If everyone felt the same way. Some people do like reborn too. Two sides of the coin.

We are not saying get rid of reborn? hell we are saying give us old orbus back even if we have to repay. they dont have to update it or change it just give us back it.