Open Alpha Feedback Thread

Oh ok… forgot about these new features! … didnt have time to read up on everything!

http://prntscr.com/g1ka2w i entered in the jungle at lv3 like 30 minutes ago and i’m stuck here, can a mage come here and make a portal for the first village? :tired_face:

All I see is my avatar, no trainer, no menu other than to modify my first avatar. NOTE: I am on a corporate network…

If it just says “Loading…” on the menu, then it means you aren’t getting a connection to the server.

After I killed the king stag for my quest I got king stag meat but nothing else happened. I went to Bart and he had no icon over his head

During the tutorial I had to get the gathering part twice

Jcat49er what was the lst thing you did for Guardian Bart before you went and killed the king stag

Ok, did it work the second time, it complete the quest?

Yes, i just had to leave the area and come back to talk to him, essentially to turn in a second time. It worked after words.

when i move my fingers to interact with NPC dialogue i often open my menu by accident. This is annoying.

2 Likes

I will say though, this is awesome. This game is going places.

The last thing I did was gathering

OK does he have any symbol over his head at all? And grab your compass on your left shoulder and flip it upside down, it will open your player journal. Then turn the pages by using the grip button on the corners of pages. Look for a page with the quest on it and tell me what quest it says you are on

There are 2 quest I have activated, spare hog and noahs ark

and then what do I do?

Hey there! Just booted for the first time and can’t seem to get any sound working at all. Sound works in the SteamVR menu but not in game. I’ve played through all the newbie quests in silence just in case I was missing something…

I’m using the Vive deluxe Audio strap, I’ve tried mirroring to my speakers and there’s no sound from those either. Any ideas? Thanks!

make sure to have steamvr open then open the game then launch (Sounds like problem is the sound output is not set right before launch and once game is launched you can’t switch the audio without re-setting. So try closing and re-opening and see what that fixes

Are you able to go here?

https://api-game.orbusvr.com/servertime

If so close the game and go to the launcher and use the “Report Bug” feature and send me a report and I’ll look at your logs and see if I see anything.

Ok so it seems like you don’t have any of the Tutorial quests active. I would go talk to the Chef Lethrow @ highsteppe and see if you can get a quest from him

Played for like 30 minutes and had to quit. I have played lots of MMORPGs and the teleportation system is just immersion breaking. And the locomotion system is broken. At first when I turned it on it let me move forward or backwards relative to my orientation. But in less than 5 minutes it no longer stayed true to my orientation, and instead would slide me forward or backwards in some seemingly random direction. I could tell that it was trying to slowly turn towards my orientation but it was so far from real time that it was just useless. I am truly sorry for those that suffer from motion sickness. But it has to be said, open worlds and VR need real time/orientation locomotion to feel immersive. And that includes watching other players blink across the world, this isn’t auto aiming EVE or WOW nonsense where only distance matters. If I have to aim a bow or a rifle “realisticly” than location and orientation matters and teleporting breaks that.