Orbus Content Roadmap - Q3-Q4 2021

What it is, is they don’t play the game themselves or have a vested interest in playing. They play to be sure things work or work well enough. They have no investment in playing and have no real idea of the investment their clients have made. They are disconnected and that is why this decision has been made. On one hand they are very intune with the balance of weapons and armor but have no idea of the value of a rare item. It’s sad really.

It may bite them.

1 Like

Are there any plans to fix boss 2 citadel hard mode or allow us to skip bosses like guild city? Some groups have a set time limit and needing plea of divinity is getting ridiculous. I understand that it’s endgame content but groups in Orbus are pretty exclusive and if you can’t beat it without plea of divinity you’re kind of screwed. One wipe = 10 mins. 3 wipes and that’s an additional 30 minutes without any way to get to boss 3.

1 Like

Personally like the progession of having to kill each boss in order. However definitely having to rely on something like plea would be annoying

1 Like

I say progression just until they fix it so that groups with lower dps aren’t stuck at boss 2 for weeks.

As someone who got a demon wings drop myself in a dungeon que airship and then promptly gave them to a friend, I honestly don’t see a big deal in them over just recognizing someone from a distance. I ended up being given cat ears by someone in our guild because he knew it was the only world drop I’d ever use. So because of my circumstances I honestly don’t really care about them to begin with. Personally because of this I feel like a non dyable version would be a good compromise because you’d be able to tell who bought it or who got it dropped. I can’t honestly think of anyone that doesn’t have at least 1 dye on it from my small knowledge of who all has them.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

We’ve discussed the feature some more within the team and we appreciate your feedback. We really wanted to change the lineup because it’s been around 2-3 years since the original legendaries came out, but we can see by your comments that the original plan of moving them to the store, even for huge amounts of dram would not achieve that goal without devaluing them for people.

Instead, we’ve decided to leave the current ones in the overworld alone, and we’re adding 5 new ones to the shard dungeons. The drop system will be unchanged, and if you’re eligible for a drop it will simply check whether you’re killing the monster in the overworld or in a shard dungeon to grant you a drop.

Also to clarify, these aren’t being added in the same update as the Highsteppe one, I saw some comments that may be suggesting that. They will come at a later date.

If you’ve got suggestions on cosmetics you’d like to see as new legendaries, feel free to let us know here, we’ll be reading them! No guarantee we’ll be able to pick them though. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Will the shard/dungeon legendaries be more rare, less rare or as rare to drop as the overworld ones?

My concern is that I “think” people on average spend waaaaaaay more time in dungeons killing monsters than in the overworld. Causing with an equal drop chance, those items to become waaaay more common than the overworld ones.

I don’t think they will be all that much more common on paper, but I think there’ll be more of them on the market and more of them among the end-game community. Because the people who get them will almost always have an idea of what it is and the actual value of it. While with the overworld legendaries often times they end up in the hands of newer players who don’t know what they are or how valuable they are. The value will probably be different, but I don’t think that’s a problem since they’re new transmogs and not the old ones.

3 Likes

Can’t wait!!

1 Like

One I always thought could be cool would be the little crown on the lich king as a legendary world drop. Especially with them dropping in shards I think that one would fit that theme well.

Adding onto this I would be really interested on what could be thought up for a chest armor and glove transmog but the only one I can think of is just a skeleton chest in the same kind of theme as the lich king crown and to go with the skeleton hands from the fall events.

2 Likes

I’m really really hoping for some chest/glove transmogs because as of now its two helms and two shoulders and a pet so it’d be really sick to see a new pet two new chestpieces and two new gloves of some sort to balance it out for now and for variety so its less of a chance that you’re getting two of the same armor piece drop if you want to match a set such as angel wings/halo

I’d really like some gloves I was thinking since in OG there was a wand with a snake maybe some gloves with a snake writhing around it and they like move between your fingers and slither around or maybe some like RGB gamer keyboard stuff and they slowly fade colors in a rainbow or if you dye it it’ll go between the two colors slowly fading

6 Likes

For legendary ideas, I’ve heard people talk about this but like a tail? not putting it on as a chest piece but a cape. Since cape are not tradeable items unless in raids it should be in a crate. I mean there’s cat ears, Would want a tail to fit with that. Since halo has angel wings to match the fit, Or demon horns/demon tail. Or something. Bunny Ears would be cute as well, and maybe another cool legendary pet.

8 Likes

I’ve said it once and ill say it again. AVIATOR SUNGLASSES

3 Likes

Can we have a shoulder dragon transmog (like the cat & demon)? looks super hopeful

Pretty pretty pleeeeeease?

On that thought it would be cool to have 4 variants:

Normal Dragon
Silver Foil Dragon
Gold Foil Dragon
Green Foil Dragon

This way there is a variation to match any armor set, and would encourage continuing to get more dragons. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a simple solution to that though:
Make them soulbound, so having them will work as showing off your skill/dedication/progress/luck rather than your wallet.

eh, no. I don’t think that is a good idea, I wasn’t saying it would be a bad thing to have them on the market in the first place.
Making them souldbound automatically devalues them in a way, it removes the option to get something else for it if you get one you don’t want and it turns it into “just a rare transmog” instead of something valuable.

1 Like

Well, it could also be “tradable with another legendary transmog” or similar. Lots of options to both make it valuable while keeping them rare enough that they are not devalued at the same time.

Making them soulbound wouldn’t make them any less rare, just less common to see on people.
And these are new transmogs that haven’t come out, they don’t even have a value yet. We don’t know how many will drop or how many people will be wanting to sell them. There’s no reason to make them soulbound, them possibly being slightly less valuable then the current overworld legendaries wouldn’t be a bad thing, it would just be something different(which I honestly think would be good, to have fill some missing value ranges in the economy).
I don’t see what you’re trying to solve by suggesting to make them soulbound.

What i am saying (or replying to and trying to suggest solutions for) is your assumption that they will be about equally common on paper, but since more shards are run than people farming for overworld legendaries, in effect there would be more on the market (therefore being of lower value than the old legendaries).

To solve this, they could be soulbound so that only those actually getting them would have them, and having more than 1 would be pointless other than perhaps a vendor sell price.

The other suggestion, in reply to still having the option to trade it without flooding the market with them, is to have them tradable with other legendaries.

In this way they will keep in line with either people getting the actual drops in either shards or overworld, rather since that is how they can be traded, rather than potentially “flooding” the market with them if the shard drop percentage is off compared to the overworld drop percentage versus the amount of people doing each type of grinding.

Lastly, yet another suggestion to solve the assumed future issue:
The shard legendary droprate could be adjusted in relation to the previous week’s total shards run. So after periods where MANY shards are run overall, the dropchance is lower than after periods where FEW shards are run to keep the overall rarity and value in check.

That’s not what I meant by “about the same rarity on paper”, I meant that there will probably be about the same amount that drop overall, x overworld/week and x shard/week, but since the people getting the shard legendaries will usually know better what it is and it’s value than a newer player getting lucky in the overworld, they may be more likely to try to sell it or trade it since they know more about the game and have more connections to other people who may want it.

Either way, I highly doubt the market will be flooded, that’s not what I meant with potentially lower value, rather that they may end up going for 2-4 mill instead of the 5+ mill people have been selling the current legendaries for.
Which would be a good thing IMO, since it would partially fill the current price gap, where there isn’t really anything with a value between 500k and 4 mill.

1 Like