Orbus Content Roadmap - Q3-Q4 2021

Rip Halo and wings flex😭

1 Like

All joking aside transmog are part of vr self identification and earning them randomly or otherwise adds more of a personal and enjoyable aspect to the game. It is that they are extremely rare and unachievable at times that when you get them it adds a level of positive pride to the individual, to put that behind a dram sink just ruins the immersion and puts everyone at a level of “who cares” or “what’s the point”. Just my personal opinion though.

2 Likes

What I do love to see, is being able to spend insane amounts of dram for transmog items. So whatever is going to be decided with the overworld legendaries, I hope that is still in :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Don’t forget that they are adding in new ones that you can’t buy so orbus will still have all the things you listed, they’re not taking away anything from the game they’re just adding things

1 Like

Except for that the ones I have are now cheap plastic

1 Like

Just in my opinion there is no reason to make them buyable aside from a dram sink and there other more efficient ways to do that. It’s like saying you got your +6 legendary weapon but because we’re adding new +7 we’re gonna make all the grinding you did to get them worthless.

1 Like

Depending on the price they set, I wouldn’t exactly call them cheap.

1 Like

Apart from the fact that they are not cheap and definitely not plastic, you should be glad you got yours for free

1 Like

A +6 Is definitely not worthless I’m pretty sure there is only a 5% difference between the two

4 Likes

Will we see vendor discount come back. I spent quite a few perk points on that

1 Like

You completely missed the point

Would you still run 15 shards if you could buy a +6 weapon?

Also if you read that I never said +6 was worthless I stated that the effort put in for those of us who had to grind endless 15s to get them would be diminished by the fact that you can just buy them.

Again you completely missed the point if you can buy them they are no longer a rare item just an expensive transmog

If you stack enough long terms you can easily hit dram cap in one day with no effort

And since it would be impossible to make them more expensive then dram cap it would take roughly two month of long terms to get every transmog

eh, not sure what kinda long terms you’re doing, but they’re definitely more than no effort.
Also, 1 month of long terms will get you 20 long term missions in total, so if the transmogs cost 5 mil each, you would need 20 mill to buy all of them, so you get 1 mill per long term!? Can you share with the community where you’re getting long terms that are no effort and give 1 mill dram per mission?

2 Likes

Yeah definitely not one month i saw after i typed oops

Also i sell everything sellable from long terms to auction
And i guessed my point is unless they make it dram cap that it Wouldn’t take that long to get all of them

The whole idea is I’m just giving my opinion saying there is no reason to make an npc bought item. In my opinion it would better to just modify the drop rate so you still had a reason to grind overworld for a specific transmog. I have met players that only play the game to do that.

Absolutely I would. That’s… the fun part of the game?

This gives a solid dram sink without taking items out of the game. They’re still going to be rare, just not “super duper absolutely legendary” rarity…which they already aren’t anymore. They’re just retiring the items on the drop table and replacing them with new items that will be the new “super duper absolutely legendary” rarity. It keeps the game fresh instead of spending thousands of hours grinding for the same one item.

3 Likes

Yeah I see the logic in that, I’m just being stubborn sorry.

1 Like

Please don’t misunderstand what i am about to write here, i am not trying to “stir the beehive” so to speak… But i do understand what Viper is saying though. Let me give you an example from World of Warcraft which i also play (among many other mmorpgs the past 25 years):

This mount is one of my favorites. Not because it is pretty, but because it is not obtainable anymore. This was given exclusively as a Zul’Aman raid reward when the full raid was completed under a certain time back in ~2008, and it was quite the difficult task back then.

The mount is still obtainable today, however, the version people can get now, after the content has been “phased out” looks like this:

In other words, there is some “prestige” in having the original red version of the mount, as well as instant recognition between old high end players. When i see someone on/with it, i know they were there back then and they know their stuff.

TL:DR;

I can see what Viper means by feeling the effort being devalued due to the items in question being put up for dram (regardless of the cost).

3 Likes

That is a really good point.

For the pet, it could be made a different color.

For the other transmogs, they could be a set color, and undyeable.

1 Like