Orbus Reborn API

That would be very difficult to do as it is hard to see for most classes and if you group with just your guild, no one would be able to see your rotation outside of the guild

Having gear being able to be pulled directly works in line with the public dps meter. It definitely sets it up to easily harass other players based on their gear for runs ect. I donā€™t really know why people really want to see what other people are running with.

Harassment is against the rules. Though I donā€™t really care about the gear, tilesets are important for amateur progression.

1 Like

with the way the LFG system works I donā€™t see that being a problem.

1 Like

Iā€™m really glad, because thatā€™s something that matters.

2 Likes

I agree that gear score gates are a bad thing but the Devs have already made using someone Gear or DPS against them against the Rules.

I prefer the hiding of boss strats, at least for a while. When they are ready available no one thinks for themselves and just searches for ā€˜the way to beat the bossā€™ however there could be a much better ways to down the boss that you may have found had you tried to down It yourself.

The Internet has really killed my progression raiding fun. There is always someone who has a feed up watching how to do something. I donā€™t want that For Orbus. /rant.

1 Like

honestly I would prefer all the stats to be privet, gear, achievements, or at least the general things like that, so it could only be seen on the official orbus website under your account page

2 Likes

I mean its not a problem on World of Warcraft, or any of the other games that have hard core raid progression or anything of the sort so I donā€™t see why it would be a problem on Orbus

3 Likes

this isnā€™t WoW, we actually can interact with the devs, just because you build a website doesnā€™t mean people want all there characters info on there for every one to see.

You donā€™t have to use it ya know

thatā€™s not the thing we take issue with

Just like WoW! Devs read and respond on the forums

the problem isnt us not wanting to use it ourselves, its us not wanting people to use it on us, which is obviously something we cant control on our own the way it is set up now

1 Like

unlike wow however this is not ran by acdivition or blizzard, and is a good game

1 Like

I dont care about that atm if ppl can see my gear and stuff, but I can totally understand that ppl dont like it when other ppl can see ALL their information on a public website

1 Like

what is the link to the updated Api? cant find any of the new info on the old one and was curious to see how much it actually changed

ID for characters and equipment from the private side added, thats all. Nothing that hasnt been in one of the APIs before

ah so the information that is being displayed is from the private side of the api which most people cant view normally?

Itā€™s the same as before, just with api-reborn.

E.g. https://api-reborn.orbusvr.com/public/characters/Orrbain

Our stance on the public API has basically been, if itā€™s something you could see on another player in-game walking around (e.g. what equipment they have on right now), then itā€™s okay to add there. Thatā€™s why we would never show for example how much dram you have or what your entire inventory is.

I get that Runesmith tilesets are kind of a gray area though since you canā€™t really ā€œsee themā€ on someone, so weā€™ll talk about it and see if we want to change it, but right now they are listed on there.

I was saying that previously it was locked behind your orbusvr.com account, isnā€™t anymore