OrbusVR 10.73 Patch Notes

can you make traps work in pvp? it kindof sucks that it is the only ability that doesnt do anything in the game for pvp.

We’ve just put out a new client side patch which has some fixes that should enable significantly improved performance in areas that were previously CPU bound (e.g. Highsteppe with lots of people around). We’ll continue working on this but let us know if that helps. Thanks!

the second boss of airship still has an issue with the stacking particles. Even though you’ve decreased the effect to a minimum, it gets much worse over time. (it starts out with only a minimal effect, but by the end of the fight it is a massive number of particles)

Okay I see what’s going on there, sorry about that. Should be fixed for fresh dungeon runs, if not let me know.

1 Like

not that important but the crown makes you bald :joy:

another thing, is it intended that arcane ray and arcane explosion have the exact same animation now?
(That was also the case for pushback and pushback 2 all the time in the past)

also the mana shield spell is way bigger than it should be, maybe some others too and all the spell explosions are massive too.

Forgot to mention and i havent seen it anywhere else. The speech box from NPC’s have an un alligned hitbox. So to press continue the text is flooting above the currently invisible button.

I imagine a couple of people skipped talking to the guy outside highsteppe for the truffles but thats were i noticed this.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to reproduce this as it happened to me once, but it seems like it only happens some of the time because if you restart the game then it’s okay. If you figure out a way to always get it to happen definitely let me know. Thanks!

That bug with your hand disappearing might be related to a desync bug I’ve seen, since the two bugs happened in short succession. I was fighting an enemy and died, but my client hadn’t recognized it, and I was walking around as though I were still alive. A little while later, I ran into another player who was also dead, but thought they were still alive.

Some additional feedback from yesterday and today, mostly QoL stuff.

Overall performance has been impressively solid, even with a lot of people in an area. Some people are experiencing some latency, there have been some audio cutouts, and we’ve been seeing that weird bug where people look like a different person everytime they die/zone, but overall it’s been pretty smooth.

Misc/Quality of Life

• Giving bonus experience for being in PvP mode when turning in quests in town feels really problematic. It becomes something that new players won’t know, that kinda feels like an exploit, that just encourages people to switch in and out, with the potential to forget and then accidentally drop stuff. I’m not sure why the PvP exp bonus doesn’t just apply to exp and loot out in the world. There’s no real risk vs reward of turning it on in town when turning in missions and then immediately turning it off.
  • Having indicators above the heads of mobs for missions is great, but it feels like a bug when the quest targets don’t have an equivalent indicator, and it would be super nice if harvestables did as well.
  • It’s really really easy, especially with the large hand setting, to accidentally bump the category selector in the journal when turning pages, causing it to switch suddenly.
  • Similarly, when waving to interact with an NPC, it’s easy to hit the continue button which means you miss the first dialogue response and there’s no way to get it back.
  • If you have multiple rows of titles to choose from, it becomes nigh impossible to pick the lower row(s) because instead it keeps selecting the headers behind it (Achievements) etc.
  • All of the ore looking almost identical except for a spot of color in the middle feels a bit disappointing, as does needing to hit it multiple times.
  • I’m not sure why we’re not able to teleport to all of the pillars. The way it’s currently configured, if you want to go to a specific pillar that doesn’t have runes associated with it, requires you to teleport to one that does, and then use that one to go to the actual destination. I can understand if we want some destinations to be more expensive in reagents than others, but this extra travel step seems unnecessary. Also, when interacting with a transport pillar, nothing indicates it will consume a reagent, nothing indicates which one you are at, and it consumes a reagent even if select the one you are at.
  • The quest to get spice containers requires the player to kill 10 targets and collect 10 spice boxes, but the spice boxes are an uncommon (20%-25%) drop from the same kill targets, which requires you to kill like 40-50 of them to get enough drops, there’s also only around 6-8 spawns for these (that I found) so you need to wait around for respawns or keep swinging back.
  • For the Book Worm quest, it told me to go back to the reporter and when I did, they had a new response but it didn’t clear my completed quest. I’ll check it again when I log back in.
  • When you pick up lore scrolls in the world, like the one near Green Lady Ruins, you hold it in the middle of the page, making the center area unreadable, especially with large hands on.
  • Activating triplicity with multiple runes and using polymorph as one of them feels pretty awkward, especially as you can use polymorph in combat and sometimes getting hit seems to make the first resurrection glyph disappear. Not sure what the solution is, but it feels pretty awkward. Also, it’s not clear what spells are and aren’t supposed to work with it, as Affliction 2 and Arcane Missile do not, and I’m guessing that’s intentional? Triplicity also doesn’t work well against smaller targets, to the point that it’s arguably not worth using it.
  • Are there rare drops from the supply caches? Are there bonuses planned for leveling multiple times past level 30 on a character? Currently it feels like you just get more junk you probably won’t use, but if there are rare chances for really valuable stuff, that would be cool, and/or if you got extra points from overleveling you could put towards non-combat bonuses.
  • Is there any notion of giving players a way to buy past or use alternate approaches to gain rep with the dragon race (or really any gameplay type anyone may not be enjoying) in order to at least unlock the lore quests, even if not get the cosmetics? I literally can’t do the dragon races without making myself sick instantly, but I’m curious about the story. I guess I can wait until someone youtubes it.
  • Using mission tokens question. Since various missions have varying levels of difficulty/time/cost associated with them, and the tokens give you a mission from the pool of missions you’ve completed, doesn’t this incentivize not completing the more involved/costly/lengthy/annoying missions in the first place to avoid them forever with tokens?

Lore Stuff
Maybe this stuff is explained better when making a new character, but I have no idea what is going on, even after talking to a bunch of NPCs, doing various rep quests and reading as much as I’ve found (most books are placeholders, just with titles. After reading the newspaper’s account of Helga Sarrow, I want to go and talk to her about stuff and I want to confront the newspaper about their propaganda. After talking to Sicilius a bit, I’m even more confused about the transition from the old world to the new one. Is there somewhere I’m missing or do I need to make a new character to get a better sense of things?

1 Like

almost everything thing is explained through the lore quests, especially the end of sicilius’s and the battle grounds guy. all hail treasure castle

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.