OrbusVR Biggest Problems - A plea for change and focus

EvErY tHiNg Is FiNe.

5 Likes

I just want to play a single session without a game breaking bug that requires an entire relaunch ;;~;;

I’ve played a ton of runemage, and mostly teach new players how to cast. I’m level 30 and can cast like crazy, so i’ve spent quite a bit of time on this game. Even with that said, the likelyhood of me jumping ship when a new VRMMORPG comes out is pretty high.

I have stayed quiet on this thread but I am going to have to disagree with you completely on this point.

This week i have been playing wow classic in my down time. I did not once get any of the problems in my list. This is an MMO that was built in 2004 and they swiftly fixed issues in the first month of release. The vanilla re-release for the most part, is completely bug free.

So no, all other MMOs do not have this problem. After playing WoW classic for 3 days I was reminded of hundreds of little amazing details in mechanics which orbus also just… doesn’t have. I can look past that as Orbus is a first of its kind… but i cannot look past bugs which should not be happening.. I was also a software engineer for 8+ years so I know that the list of my problems should be easily solvable if the architecture of the game is cleanly wrote.

No, all other MMOs do not have these problems

Thanks.

1 Like

I can agree to disagree here.
I haven’t played WoW classic, but every MMO to date that I’ve played has had these issues.

And while I don’t doubt your experience with coding, but the limited amount (less than a year, so far less than you) of coding knowledge I have, I don’t know how to fix these issues. If you do have knowledge of how to fix them, you could send the base coding to them to build from (obviously not going to ask you to code for them for free if you do it professionally), or a sample from a forum, or a video, most anything to help it along rather than just posting a petition. Even if they don’t use it, they may explain why, which could lead to more progress and transparency to make everyone happy.

I want the old orbus back!

1 Like

We did a 3 hour raid earlier and here are the issues we had as a group

• Healer not seeing pools on boss 5 x2
  • Tanks seeing shields broken when not x3
  • Connection closed remote host
  • Crash to desktop
  • Crash at graveyard
  • Desync
  • Healer seeing tank that died as still alive
  • Desync going to graveyard
  • Not seeing AoE on boss 2 - multiple people multiple times
  • No health bar on adds on Boss 4 - almost every attempt
14 Likes

LOTRO had these issues in some zones for quite a while. The 32-bit system had major issues with large memory loads on their more compacted and heavy texture zones… So after 2 years of complaints, they just recently went beta on a 64-bit system. :man_shrugging: so it did take a long while

Edit: not to say that this isn’t hella bad. It’s worse in VR, because everything is much harder and takes physical coordination. Also there’s way more of it in Orbus than there ever was in LOTRO

Bumping this up

5 Likes

Bumping this up again.

2 Likes

I am saying Bump!!!

Thanks for bumping this. I have been out on a business trip for a few weeks.

I just want to take something from another thread that ChaseChair said regarding an inconsistency in game mechanics.

This is hitting the nail on the head for a lot of outstanding problems.

As part of my day job I put together strategy decks, help companies focus on highest impact cases and stuff like that to help them succeed.

Last week I had a case very closely related to Orbus’ situation (but for a different industry). It was simply put, an issue of post-conversion-funnel (getting the user in to the game and past level 10 lets say) retention.

The issue was a lack of user empowerment through transparency of feature set that is simply put; What the user sees is not what the user expects…and this seems to happen in many places throughout the game.

It really rung home for me with Orbus as a good example. Here is the gist of it;

For example in boss 5 you might have… multiple pools showing up and the non-broken implementation where there are only 2 pools showing. If you can provide both transparency to the user of what a features intention is and also make sure that users are empowered to take advantage of that, than you hit the sweet spot of an excellent experience. If it sits on either the far left (broken) or far right (it works but its not clear why), then you are failing at empowering your users.

The result of incorrectly getting this balance is 1) anxiety, 2) negative emotional stimulus causing negative responses

3 Likes

Oh ****. He broke out the circle graph.

That’s how you know you’re talking to someone who does it professionally.
(Not trolling, just legitimately surprised. Lol.)

It is called a Venn Diagram bra :wink:

1 Like

As opposed to the Push Up Bra

5 Likes

:rofl: I have an inappropriate NSFW meme that I cannot link for this. hint: ‘Yo bra, do you even lift?’

2 Likes

Bump

10char

Bump
Still waiting for a dev resopnse…

2 Likes

Bump, bump!

This topic is months old, please don’t necro old threads.