Patch 10.996- Fall Festival

Patch 10.996 will be going out today around 12 CST today with the start of the Harvest Festival around the realm.

NOTE: This festival will run until Sept 17th 12 CST. So if you want to earn the transmogs, title, achievements, or pet you will need to have them completed and turned in prior to that time.

• Speak with the “Festival Glodgoren” located next to the practice dummies near the main gate leading into Highsteppe to start on the quests to unlock the festival transmogs.
  • Speak with Pierre Cenn to gather a critter capture mission to unlock the “Brezurple Snatchers” pet (Lvl 5 mission).
  • Updated Terrain, plants, trees in the Highsteppe, Lamavora, and Hulthine’s Basin area.
  • There are two new monster types added to the zones above (Skjelhod and Glodgoren).
  • You can find the “Brezurple Snatchers” throughout the world look for a orange gourd they leave behind as signs of Critter Capture areas.
  • You can also find the wild “Brezurple Snatchers” throughout the world, sometimes killing them will get them to drop the herbs they have been stealing.
  • Community message board across from the Player house- This will be updated during patches to try and get the latest information in game to players.
  • Increased lvl 30+ mobs in the Wastelands.
  • Added 4 new in game achievements for the Fall Festival, along with one Title that is earn-able.

Client side patch is available now

5 Likes

Are the festival tasks/quests time-capped (i.e. one per day)?

Edit: asking for a friend who wants to get them all, but doesn’t have the ability to log in every day

Nothing is time constrained, you can take it as relaxed as you want.

2 Likes

Does that mean you can be done in 1 day?

I guess it would depend on how much a player wants to play, but yes there is nothing that is locked behind a certain day (other than the Dev boss fight) or reputation level.

With this being the first festival in Orbus Reborn well be keeping an eye on the numbers and taking feedback from the community to see what can be improved or to keep the same for possible future festivals. We are excited to see how much of the community participates in the event as well as how much of the quests, missions, achievements they complete since this is a limited time event (Aug 20th-Sept 17th).

2 Likes

New splash screen upon login, but getting dropped by host connections followed by black screens. cant get in to play

We just did some server restart a couple minutes ago around your post, is it working now?

1 Like

Is good now, Thank you!

2 Likes

(For Highsteppe) can get bugged where kills dont give credit, have to relog/re-open game to fix.
Quest says “30” to kill in the text, actual requirement says 25.

1 Like

Can you increase the spawn rate of the melee mobs? the ratio is really bad and the spawn rate is real slow, we’re all just sat waiting for ages and it’s kinda boring

6 Likes

Dear god this! The ratio of Mele to floaters is just frustratingly off. I don’t even want to do this quest in this state. Just sitting around waiting for the mele to spawn with nothing else to do is boring as hell.

Ratio of melee mobs to flying was def like 2.5:1 or higher

also the 2nd quest says to kill 120 mobs but you have to kill 140

30+35+30+35 = 130 …

3 Likes

This is all lookin pretty neat! Also < 3 the little monkeys :smiley:

(I even found some more mysterious things in HS, like a lonely paladin hammer floating in the sky :open_mouth: )

Hello! Just letting you guys know that downloads on the Oculus Quest store are failing. I’ve tried a few times and no dice. Will let you know when this changes.

Hi, can you try reinstalling the game? Sometimes for some reason Quest downloads get corrupted and that may lead to that issue. Let us know if you’re still having issues after that.

Reinstalled and it worked, although it still wouldn’t download immediately after uninstalling. I had to wait a while, but now it’s working again. I tested other downloads from the Quest store to see what the problem might be, and only Orbus was acting like that. It did resume functioning though, so there’s that at least!

The same thing happens for me on the PC Oculus Store. It’s an Oculus thing… Like Mathieru said, uninstalling and reinstalling solves it, and uninstalling doesn’t actually uninstall, it’s still downloaded. It’s very confusing.

Mutated toads (wastelands) are counting towards Brezuple captures and not mutated toads (making the wasteland toad capture quest uncompletable).

That’s weird, we’re gonna look into it. Thanks for reporting.