Patch 13.0 2/2/2021- 3 Year Aniversary, QOL improvements, Quest 2 Update

We have patch 13.0 going out today around 12 PM CST (Noon) that will kick off our 3 year anniversary! We have more information on how far we have come since the start of Orbus along with some impressive stats in the blog post HERE. Along with the start of the anniversary we are also launching some QOL improvements including being able to “lock” specific items to prevent them from being destroyed, as well as few others.

Along with that this will also see the official launch of some Quest 2 updates, including now being able to see mounts and tool belt items of other players, along with seeing a left and right hand! While this went through a testing beta, please report any out of the ordinary behaviors if playing on the Quest for us to investigate.

Patch Notes

• 3 Year anniversary celebration questline (Starts with the Anniversary NPC outside your Player House)
    • You will also receive a Achievement upon logging in, then speaking with the “Rewards NPC” near the player house will earn you a small gift of a cape and 3 Yr cake (Furniture piece)
    • Completing the Anniversary Quest line will earn you a fun winter themed Penguin Transmog you can see HERE
  • Moved “Anniversary 2” Achievement to Legacy tab
  • Added 3 Year Anniversary informational pop-up
  • Quest 2 Update
    • Can see Mounts, Tool Belt Items of other players now
    • Will see a Left and Right hand on other players now
  • Added QOL- Can now “lock” items to prevent them from being accidentally destroyed :small_blue_diamond:
  • Added QOL- You must now hold the delete button for 5 seconds on Character screen to delete a character :small_blue_diamond:
  • Added QOL- You will no longer be able to join a different fellowship until leaving the current fellowship you are in :small_blue_diamond:
    • This also prevents fellowship invites from appearing to you if you are currently in a Fellowship.
  • Added a fix for the Shaman orbs not re-spawning
    • There was a specific instance where you could throw max orbs without hitting an enemy that would prevent the orbs from re-spawning
  • Fixed a bug that was duplicating Shaman Masks every time you would equip/un-equip them
  • Fixed a bug with the Scoundrel Cards re-location anchors getting reset
  • Moved the “Achievement Shop” from inside the Furniture store to its own shop near the base of the Highsteppe Tree
  • Fixed a few server side edge case errors causing crashes we were getting related to Island Zone, Citadel Raid, as well as a few others
  • Fixed animation errors on various items
    • Napur furniture
    • Bjorn pet
    • Chaos giant pet
    • Scav giant pet
  • Updated the Rune tile recipe for the “V” rune to be easier to follow
    • Old recipe called for “Lnstanium and Knight’s Tear. When green Cryeji, Linstanium.”
    • The updated recipe is “Lnstanium and Knight’s Tear. When green Cryejil. When green Linstanium.”
  • Updated Unity Version
  • Updated Oculus SDK Version
  • Attempted fix for “Invisible” fish during dragon race at “Swamp Monsters” race in the Flooded Rainforest

Known Bugs we’re Investigating:

• The 3 Yr anniversary achievement is unlocking but not showing properly unlocked inside the achievement tab
  • Citadel Raid Questline not counting kills of “Enraged Sephotep”
  • The Vendor Dram Perk is still disabled, along withe the Auction House API
  • There is a Darkening Field of vision for the Dragon races (You can turn on/off via the graphical settings tab) that is not working for Quest users only PCVR users.

EDIT: The in game cash shop is fixed, let us know if you are still having problems, thanks.

:small_blue_diamond: indicates a feature requested or suggested by the community.

7 Likes

Can’t see penguin transmog, link isn’t working. @Mathieu_D

Edit: Should work now

1 Like

That Penguin Transmog is definitely Awesome!

It would be so cool for it to hide your mount and instead show you to other players laying flat on the ground sliding :joy: however I know that couldn’t be done.

2 Likes

Arms?b!!!

1 Like

Just shoulders that look like penguin arms, haha we are not getting arms or feet anytime soon.

1 Like

Server is restarted, enjoy!

2 Likes

Is there an option to turn off the mounts/tool belts/left hand?

If my hand is touching the delete button, it activates it, yes? That means that I could still activate the delete button depending on where the login screen spawns (even worse if I’m using circle boundaries). (Looks like it is supposed to vibrate, I guess I’ll test that later to see if it vibrates while loading in).

1 Like

Could this also be a setting on PCVR? The setting would be for those who either A don’t have a good enough PC to run low graphics with minimal frame drop or B who want the most consistent framerate possible.

1 Like

Is there any animation to the transmog gear?

I was thinking if there is no animation to the feet or arms/shoulderpads then you would just look like a lifeless bugged out penguin statue just sliding all over the place.

Without animation or motion on the feet and arms It’ll just look weird, lifeless and statuesque. I hope there is some kind of body movement rather than one solid piece swiveling and moving on one point with its arms and feet stuck in one position (mainly arms)

The piece is phenomenal but without those animations giving it some kind of life rather than a sliding stuffed animal, It’s just going to be lacking or Seem unfinished/unrefined.

Someone @ me if they know.

when will be the tank and support healer test

2 Likes

When an item is locked, the item does not swap when changing loadout weapons. Tried to redo the loadouts with the apply loadout button, but still did not seem to work.

We’re investigating the issue, thank you for letting us know.

When will the Sea Pet Dragon animation will get fixed?

Which animation? This is the first time we’ve heard something reported about it.

when i pet my dragon and hold the hand on his head it does the animation 1time and then stops (freezes). Looks like the animation is not set to Loop or something. Works on every other dragon (atleast when i testet last time)

Okay, thank you - we’ll take a look.

This was a really good call! I didn’t realise there was an Achievement Shop until today.

4 Likes

Yes, it has been well hidden! i stumbled upon it randomly testing a closed door. Seems something like an “Achievement Shop” should be flashy and easy to find. :grin:

2 Likes

A missed opportunity of rewarding an Achievement for finding the shop!

Now we all know where it is! :slight_smile:

2 Likes