Patch 21.01 - K'tula's Cove Dungeon

There will be a fix for this in the patch tomorrow

5 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile: (really happy to hear!)

Also I am not sure anyone else said this yet, but I noticed a possible bug with the crab monster.

They cast a castbar which after the castbar is done, get you stuck with a vine. But interrupting this castbar does not stop this action, it just speeds it up. Was interupting the castbar suppose to stop getting a vine on your head?

I want to thank you guys for how quick you guys are getting to these, like right when I bug is reported you guys start fixing it I am very impressed!

3 Likes

It was supposed to be interruptible but was missing something. That should be working now.

2 Likes

Patch 21.04 is available for download

• Increased collider on Water Wyvern giant rock attack
  • Updated Shaman Strikes Twice talent description
  • Some backend fixes and maintenance
5 Likes

So, with all the patches going out, the new dungeon is running really smoothly especially compared to how it was on launch day. but there is one thing, the waves on crab boss are just way too often. they spawn to frequently, when he gets into orange and red heatlh it’s too much to avoid between dodging waves and grabbing bubbles. It’s to the point where you’re either going to die from a wave, eating a bolt, or not being able to grab a bubble cause you’re dodging three other things, or, getting hit by one of those three other things because you’re focusing on grabbing a bubble. not to mention bringing fatigued into that mix.

2 Likes

are they still too high to see?

1 Like

At some points yes. when some people are at the lower incline at the back of the room heard a lot of people saying that they couldn’t see the wave when it spawned from the entrance position, did a 13 cove, aggressive, hot foot, fatigued. fatigued made it impossible to jump two waves one after another, while trying to get bubbles. idk if aggressive speeds up the wave spawns the same way it speeds up the boss’s rotation, but it sure felt like it did.

2 Likes

Each cooldown can be adjusted easily but I would like to get a little more feedback from more people about this before making another change

The five purple bolts used to be three during the spin rotation and they were a lot slower. the way it is now you have to pre dodge or get stuck with a bunch of poison stacks. Removing the purple bolts , slowing them down to have more time to react to the waves and other mechanics, or limiting the bolts to three so that their are not as many poison stacks would all fix the problem with boss 2

I’ve gotta agree with sloth on this one. Was in the same dungeon with him last night, fatigued made it near impossible to survive towards the end of the crab fight. Not enough stamina/teleport distance to dodge the bolts as well as two waves.

I would have to agree that it becomes way too much at the end. Ran a 15 yesterday and it was going pretty well until it got to the end stages of the boss. Potentially jumping two waves at the same time, whilst dodging bolts and also grabbing a bubble but jumping away to make sure you don’t grab two of them… there isn’t a stamina bracer level high enough for that

1 Like

I don’t think the bolts actually kill… Can a bard fix the bolt issue?

Was running a 14 before the changes, and it wasn’t terrible.

Update: The purple projectile fire rate has been decreased and the second tentacle wave cooldown has been increased. We’ll start with that and see if we need to address it again. Thanks for the feedback

2 Likes

Bard can fix the issue, there’s an instrument that decreases the damage dealt from projectiles, forgot the name of it tho. Musky works really well to, when he starts spinning i usually just bounce a shield off boss and heal as people get shot.

Thanks for the changes! Ran another cove 15 and it was definitely better without making it easy. However, we did also run a fatigued cove 15 and that is a huge problem for stamina. Other than that, desyncs are getting pretty frustrating with bubbles as sometimes they just won’t register, even if you get the “popping” animation on you

I think I’ll probably just remove fatigued as a possible mutation for this dungeon. (At least maybe just for higher level shards?)

Also is it possible the bubble is hitting someone else or the buff is just running out too quickly? (I’ll be increasing the cooldown for this btw). The collision and status effect application is all done server side so if you’re getting the vfx then it’s either hitting you or someone else.

UPDATE: Newly generated K’tula’s Cove shards level 10 and higher will not have the Fatigued mutation

7 Likes

yes the bubble buff is not lasting long enough. why not make it last forever until he jumps?

1 Like

someone got a fatigued 15 last night?

Ope I made a slight mistake, it should be fixed now… whoever it was, have them send a bug report and I can change the dungeon to something else.

Also, correction: it should only apply to levels 11-15

2 Likes