Patch 5.66: Ancient One World Boss

Hey everyone,

We’ve got a new patch that just went out the door this morning on both the client and the server. In particular, it introduces the Ancient One, the new World Boss in the Tradu Mines area. Summoning it requires one of each of the Tradu Fragments which can be gained by completing the Tradu Mines dungeons.

This World Boss is designed to be a bit of a difficult fight mechanics-wise, but the majority of those mechanics should be fairly easy from a “gear check” standpoint, with the exception of the tanking.

The World Boss will drop a total of two new rings and a new cape. Enjoy!

Note that a client-side patch also went out, be sure to get it as well before participating in any World Boss fights or you will have a hard time seeing the boss :slight_smile:

1 Like

The bosses name shows at “World Boss”

Good luck everyone! Please be kind to one another!

1 Like

killed it!

2 Likes

Well…that was fast. Something must be wrong with it haha. How long did it take to kill?

Congratulations!

Wow, look at that turn out!

like 15 seconds, just killed it again. With 50 people it dies so fast

Okay, yeah. I am going to do a server restart and mess with the health settings.

same quick kill again, we just have too many people ahah

Yeah, I mean I am basically watching you all do it and trying to tune the health so that there’s at least some challenge :smiley:

1 Like

We are supplying the fragments right now haha.

I think there’s a bug where the shards crash the zone

Yes we are working on it.

Okay, so there was a bug from the beginning where the hitpoints were being set as the same as a regular Level 20 Boss (as opposed to a World Boss). So now that is working properly, but the hitpoints are scaled up way too high, because I thought that was what was wrong. So after this attempt I will set it where it should be, we will activate it for free one more time, and then it should be good to go.

1 Like

I think there is an extra 0 in the health :stuck_out_tongue: (or 2)

1 Like

He keeps despawning… had him to 20% and he poofed.

You are moving him too far from his spawn location and he is leashing, when that happens he de-spawns. Hang on and I can make that slightly larger, but the “run back from the graveyard constantly” thing is probably going to make it hard to make that not happen.

So i think there’s another problem related to that: when you respawn and hit the boss you don’t enter in combat. Maybe he resetted because, after killing the last people who didn’t die, no one else was in combat and so he resetted.

A few things:

-his hitbox seems off, my spells are going through his head
-the DoT that the boss puts on people is not de-cursable, is this intended mechanic? (we have tried a few different things to try to remove it, just wanted to make sure that was the case)
-boss reset in the middle of the room, not sure what happened