Patch 5.75: Dragon Pet Bonuses & Fixes

so only the first two slots change Undef to a color, the third slot didn’t change it for me. And you only need to place the dragon inside the slots and the Undef will change in seconds.

okay glad it worked and good to know about the third slot

I will be honest here and I don’t want to disrespect your work at all but this doesn’t seem to be of any benefit for me then. Either I go for a farmrun and this is when I want to have all the materials. If it’s way faster to gather stuff by hand(you can basically harvest things while walking over them without even having to stop at all) the the dragon bonus just becomes useless. The only option where this coud be of any use is if i could store my gatherer away and the dragon does the work in about the same time so i can have two potions on my belt. This would be great for the wilds where i dont want to switch between a masked scent potion and the gatherer for every herb I see.
Again I’m only talking for me here and I don’t mean to overcriticize stuff in here.

Looking forward to the auto looting dragon. Perhaps other buffs originally intended for the dragons could still make it into the game?

I think this is important to report now, people can use the bonus changing pet treats on each others dragons, this could be abused by rich people that have enemies, could you change it so they work like a normal treat when used on someones else’s dragon?

Also, thanks for making my dragon have plunderer @Decoy :joy:

2 Likes

Yes well get this fixed as its a bug and not working as intended thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

i think they are still too slow. I am not sure if they get caught on edges or what. I use slide not teleport. But I don’t think harvesting would ever really work unless I just stood on each node waiting for it to catch up

I second this… I can ditch my dragon fairly easily by just walking straight.

A fix would be nice but its still useful. Don’t have to keep your tool on your belt and I dont have to swing around like someone fighting off a bee because I cant find the right spot to hit lol.
Added bonus my kids are going to fricken LOVE this.

1 Like

I made a video easily showing it with me running backwards.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xhd-IEdeHjz-oh-07Nae5n0EXIutGA-J

agreed here. We were just discussing this on discord.

I read the dev’s comment somewhere above and decided to continue reading. Then I come on yours, and can’t keep still! :sweat_smile:

I actually like this better. It doesn’t outcompete with people who are out to get the nodes. The use of it then is to stand near a node and get mob drops! Or get nodes whilst farming reagents. I mean reaching down with your pickaxe and casting a spell ‘is possible’ but a hassle. As such this bonus isn’t so much as a op one but more of a convenience.

1 Like

As a Runemage with homing spells this means I can kill monsters while being above a node and get the drops.

Musky and Ranger also can pull multiple mobs whilst waiting for the dragon to get harvestables. We should try to think of what we don’t want the dragon to be used for. For example is this how people intend to harvest things in the wild? Are you hoping that you can just run up to a node not even wait then move on to the next one? That in my opinion would seem to be asking too much especially with the wilds harvestables for obvious reasons. I could be running away like a chicken and harvest nodes whilst I’m escaping a PvP player :rofl:

As a completely new player getting my first little mouse dragon today on my wee lvl 6 ranger, i second that they are indeed too slow. I use locomotion only with smooth turning and strafing (apparently it takes a lot for me to get motion sickness), unless i quickly need to get out of a mob red effect where i will teleport instead.

In general my little new friend is what would seem like 10-25 meters behind me when moving around.

I’m reading the forums right now from work. I’m sure I will be able to check it out when I get home, but what’s the teleportation cooldown reduction? Is that meaning that the teleport zone will refresh faster? If that’s the case, what about those of us that never actually use teleport unless there’s an AoE? (Ignore that if it’s something else entirely)

It’s referring to the teleporting device cooldown (and by 5 minutes) not the movement teleportation. :slight_smile:

Ahh, that makes much more sense, heheh, thanks :smiley:

The new map is awesome lol

4 Likes

But this is actually what I do a couple of times per day. Running through every wilds while avoiding every fight and gather all the stuff. This works without much effort even without a dragon so I don’t see any problem in the dragon being able to do the same.
Plus since I avoid fights when I go on a farmrun it’s just not even close to being efficient to wait for my dragon every 2 seconds.

I just tested Gatherer but with the dragon falling behind, i have to wait to gather more than one item (the dragon will gather an item even if he’s behind, but it doesn’t gather the others near it even if i passed through them)
Increase their speed enough to walk with us and it will work fine.