Patch 5.75: Dragon Pet Bonuses & Fixes

So then you don’t need the dragon :sweat_smile:

If that is the case then, I think it should stay that way and not make it any easier. I think I should go hunting some Iscariot’s in the wilds, do you know where they spawn =P

Challenge accepted :smile:

Huh, is it like this for everyone? There was an issue with that in testing but I thought we’d fixed it.

I asked a few people in game and they all saw it as well.

If you mean the map, then yes, thats what it looks like to me as well. When i started i saw much more of it. I even googled a bit on how it was supposed to look, but i didn’t find much information other than spoiler images. Not exactly in a very usable state in my opinion :slight_smile:

Okay, it seems to have regressed for some reason but the map should be fixed tomorrow sometimes.

1 Like

I gotta say, having a little useful dragon that goes out and fetches all my drops for me is FANTASTIC! That being said, the amount if dialog popups telling me what my dragon picked up is really high. So high that I kind of started ignoring them and ended up missing system messages from friends. Perhaps the text telling us what our dragons got for us could be turned a different color? Or perhaps made smaller? Or even removed (shrug).

2 Likes

Different color!

Or even in a different place. I would rather have friends messages show up in the right top and stay there a bit longer, and not block ingame text or stuff.

2 Likes

After experiencing the new dragons for a day I want to thank the Orbus dev team for going the extra mile to give them unique and fun bonuses.

The new abilities are much more inventive and fun than a simple stat boost.

It brings a smile to my face whenever I see my dragon running across the map to greedily gobble up the next loot bag and acting like a true descendant of Fafnir.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I Second this! Love my Dragon hunting loot down for me

1 Like

I can look into doing something about the text spam when the pet is picking up items over and over, haha. I can see that getting a tad annoying when getting so many drops.

1 Like

can you make it optional? I like seeing what i got! make it a setting.

I also like seeing it but it would be good if it was a different colour from messages and achievements that pop up though as it would be easier to tell the difference as stated in the previous comments.

Maybe even have it so we can choose the colours in the settings in-game?

What is a “Jumper” thing for my dragon?

Could you perhaps add some toggles in settings? Here i am not only thinking of messages from pet dragons picking up stuff, but also the general loot messages as well as quest pick up/objective/complete messages.

I find that for objective/complete messages i often either can not read what it says due to being on top of existing quest text (unless i quickly turn my head), or - for longer messages - don’t get to read all of it before it scrolls away.

Settings like these should be fairly easy to implement as well as add to the UI:

• View position (Center/top/bottom/left/right/top left/top right/bottom left/bottom right)
  • Color (subdivided into loot, quest accept, quest objective, quest complete, other types i am probably unaware off)
  • fade speed (slider with seconds on screen before fade)
  • Perhaps a style toggle with f ex floating or window mode (window mode showing past events the log)
  • On/off (for the different types)
  • Size (for the different types)

I really like the idea of being able to turn the note off and on!
The dragon picking the loot up btw is fricken perfect for the kids!! They have trouble using the grips on the vive because their hands are so small. This way no trying to put the sword away and trying to pick up the bag than put it in the pack than try to pull the sword out again. And It makes the game more dragon interactive for them. The cubs def approve!

Its cool that you guys like it! As for the pickup notifications…

Ideally, the UI should just be good enough that the user shouldn’t need to worry about toggles on that small of a level. Don’t get me wrong,I love customization though! (Anyone remember Warhammer Online’s custom UI tools?)

A quick fix for now could be a hide toggle since some like it and others don’t. Although, I think a nice way to show you receiving items would be to hear a sound that you got something, then there would be a little fade-in/fade-out list that you can look down at near your tool belt (I’m thinking Guild Wars 2 like). It would be out of the way so that you aren’t bombarded with UI while playing the game, but if you are interested in what you got, you can glance down quickly to see the loot.

2 Likes

That one is the cooldown reduction on your personal teleporter.

I had received a speedster dragon. Not intended?

Yes if you received one that it was not intended, whats your in game name?

edit: also can you place the dragon that has speedster on it inside your player house chest so we can take a look at it.