Patch 6.05 (Client/Server)

Hello everyone!

Today we’ve got a new patch for you that is going out shortly on both the client and the server. Here’s the details:

• The Ranger’s trap has had some quality of life improvements. In particular, now it should deploy much more reliably, including exploding immediately if it contacts an enemy directly (as opposed to just bouncing off of them and then hitting the ground).
  • The Warrior has had a new mechanic introduced in the form of the Sword Charge. This mechanic can be activated after doing a combo move by holding your sword at approximately a 90-degree angle to your body for about a second. You will then hear a sound which indicates that the sword is charged, and then the next time you strike an enemy, you will perform the same combo as the last one you did. So essentially you can, for example, do a Wound combo, then charge and strike once to do the same combo again. The amount of time that it takes to charge the sword increases with each subsequent charge without doing a full combo. We’ve attempted to tune it such that you should be able to do 1 or 2 charges for each combo that you do. You can of course do it more than that as well, but in doing so you will be doing less damage than the combo. Still, that might be okay if you are just “lazily” grinding. The intent of the mechanic is to give you the ability to play the Warrior class without needing to do nearly as much repetitive motion over and over again as before.
  • The Warrior’s hit detection has also been improved, and now will prioritize targets which you are looking at if there is a group of enemies in front of you. The “direction” detection has also been improved so it should be more accurate and the VFX accompanying it should be more distinct.
  • Fixed a bug with the Musketeer which was causing orbs to reset out of the hand/gun after they were loaded but before they were fired.
  • Fixed a bug which was sometimes causing enemies to target dead party members as their primary target in some boss fights.
  • Fixed a bug which was preventing the Fisher’s gloves from being dyed properly.
  • The Shard Dungeon mutations have been rotated.
  • A bug that allowed tombstones to always restore durability when recovered has been fixed.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I personally don’t like the new “Sword Charge”, I’m able to perform certain combos in less than a second, which means for me this new skill would essentially decrease my performance :confused:

I believe the time to charge it at first is actually 0.7 seconds, which means it is impossible to do a combo faster than you can charge it for the first charge for 4-step combos, and it would be pretty hard to beat that time on a 3-step combo. You should probably wait and test the mechanic before you decide if you like it or not.

Also, again, the point of this mechanic is not necessarily to say “Warriors will never need to do combos anymore”. It’s so that when you’re just doing trash pulls, or grinding, etc., you can relax a little more and do the charge move instead. If you are doing a really tough boss fight where every single DPS matters, it may or may not be useful (although I think the way the math works, it’s still useful to do one charge between combos assuming you were going to do the same combo again).

4 Likes

Is that the only changes coming for the trap ?

I don’t want to sound pessimist and I didn’t had a chance to try it yet, it’s just that I was in the impression that a big change was coming for ranger, maybe even a completely new item. Maybe it was all false hopes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

With regard to the Trap QoL improvements, does the trap work on more mobs now, in particular the dungeon mobs of Tradu? If this hasn’t been improved, I don’t see this affecting Ranger gameplay whatsoever.

Right now the only usage I can see for this if someone wants to take it a bit easy, but the hardcore tanks right now can perform provokes in about 0.7 seconds I believe, also wound in less than a second as well

I’m not saying it’s useless, just saying that it’s not that efficient for hardcore tanks :wink:

This is the only change happening to the Ranger trap today. There was a major issue with it not even working in its current state half the time when you tried to use it. That’s not to say there aren’t further changes coming down the pipe for it, as I am aware that many folks feel it is not as useful as it should/could be. But we gotta start somewhere on fixing it, and this is what was on the roadmap for today’s patch.

4 Likes

Will the sword charge from a provoke combo still give healing?

idk what the use for the trap even could be, even for grinding to level it up you could use it to kill impossible mobs, but at that point its more efficient to kill Xs, in groups its even less effective with it being destroyed by the utility of ranged polymorph and and effectiveness of mage dot spreading

2 Likes

It makes tanking a more accessible option for a wider range of people, which is a really good thing. You always have the option of not using it.

Also, just to make sure I’m not spreading misinformation, Kyle informs me that currently it’s set such that the time to charge is based on the steps in the combo, and 3-step charges the first time in 0.5 seconds, and 4-step charge in 0.7 seconds.

Of course, all of these numbers are subject to change as we see how the community utilizes the mechanic.

Is the “directional detection “ similar to the mage casting plane where you can’t look one way and attack another? Haven’t tested it yet but it sounds like hit detection will only be reliable in a single narrow cone?

The directional detection was not changed that drastically. You probably won’t really notice it much it should just correct a few occasional errors. The main change in terms of the gaze was just that if there is more than one target you could hit with a swing, we now prioritize the target you are looking at. Otherwise nothing has changed on that front.

This isn’t a situation where we went in and majorly overhauled how the hit detection works from the ground-up or something.

1 Like

This will help Warriors out slightly in PvP and that’s it, A Wound combo does 2.3k with a T10 sword non-crit. Where as a Ranger can pull over 10k charge piecing non-crit, (A crit will normally one shot anyone regardless) Warriors still won’t be able to compete vs the other classes in PvP as for PvE this still changes nothing as I can pull wound combo’s within a second and it’s better to do wound instead of the the “Charge” as you will get the extra damage from the swings. It’s upsetting as warrior need buffing not a new somewhat useless mechanic.

@Riley_D none of the hits are registered for warrior right now lmao

If you downloaded the patch you’ll need to wait for the server restart in about 3 minutes to catch up to you.

Ohh I see, so that’s why :slight_smile:

The server restart has been completed and the patches are now available to download on both the Steam and Oculus stores. Thanks!

The new changes should allow a wider array of players enjoy the class. The endgamers can pull off faster, more accurate combos than the average leveler but this isn’t aimed at us.

In terms of pvp it was stated each class has a role. Warrior is the interceptor and blocker, not pure dps. If anything the warrior has always been an op class.

2 Likes

Can we log in and and test the patch for a few before we get antsy on the forums please? They’re putting a lot of work on to this and they’re taking the time to answer your questions. Make them legit…

4 Likes