Patch 6.30: Fellowship Improvements, Transmog System

Hey everyone,

We’ve got a new patch coming out later today with some great new improvements we’re really excited about.

Transmog System

The new Transmog system allows you to change the look of your gear, by unlocking styles and applying them to your armor and weapons. Styles are unlocked by dismantling (or using up in Infusion) a piece of armor or weapon in the game. Once you’ve done this at least once, that style is unlocked and ready to be applied to any future weapons/armor that are the same “slot” and class.

So for example, if you really loved the Crystal Mage Wand, you could unlock that style and then use it as the look on any mage wand you get in the future.

To access this new system, just look for the new Wardrobe piece of furniture in your Player House. Open the doors, and then inside you will find a preview of your current gear, as well as a list of your pieces on the left-hand side. Choose a piece, then on the right-hand side you will see a list of available styles. Styles which are faded are ones you have not yet unlocked, so you can quickly see all the styles available and which ones you still need to get if you want a complete collection. Choose an available style, press the Apply button the left-hand side, and you’re all set!

We’re excited to see the new combinations of looks that players come up with using this new system!

Fellowship Improvements

You’ll also find a newly redesigned Fellowship Hall in today’s update, as well as improvements to your Fellowship list in your menu. The players in your list will now be sorted Alphabetically, and also show the online players at the top of the list. In addition, you can select any player in the list to see when they were last online, or to invite them to a party directly.

In your Fellowship Hall, you’ll now find a Fellowship Chest, which anyone in your Fellowship has access to.

IMPORTANT: Right now there are no restrictions on who can access the contents of the chest. If you put something in there, anyone else in your Fellowship can take it out. We are adding additional permissions and ranks to help with this in the near future, but for now please keep that in mind, as the Dev Team will not be able to assist you if, for example, you place something in the chest and another Fellowship members takes it even though you didn’t want them to!

New Beta Version with Reworked Networking

In addition to the main patch today, we’ll also be putting out a new Beta version of the game which has a re-worked networking system in place of the “Default” networking in the game. So if you’ve had issues in the past with disconnects or crashes while using the Default networking type, please feel free to use this Beta version and give us feedback on that. More details on that are available in the Beta Client thread.

Misc/Other/

• You can now no longer enter the Fellowship Hall if you are not in a Fellowship.
  • Added an “Enable Stats” button to the Graphical Settings tab, which allows you to view stats about the performance of the game currently including FPS and memory usage.
3 Likes

Is there any way to see who added or removed items, even if we dont have the permissions functionality yet? Is that something you guys would be able to look up and tell us in a worst case scenario?

3 Likes

Wow Draven! Don’t you trust us??!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There is a log of the Fellowship Chest that is visible, yes, that should give you an indication of who did what.

3 Likes

I think he’s more worried about have the fellowship chest filled up all the way with stacks of 1 rotospore

2 Likes

Yeah, trolling is more likely than theft but either way, I’m glad there is a log! Thank you!

3 Likes

The patch is now live and available on both Oculus and Steam, please restart your respective store to get it. Be sure to get the new patch before logging in or you may experience issues.

Thanks!

all the fingers lol
and pink dye

We cant open the menu anymore :sweat_smile:

Uh oh. Send me your output_log and I’ll take a look. Might be an issue with your Fellowship’s data or something.

Same. When pressing the menu button the ‘mute everything’ functionality triggers. Seems like maybe it’s firing both menu buttons at once.

Okay, send me your output log and I’ll take a look.

Done. But it’s not only me…

Yeah it’s something to do with the Fellowship data…I am looking at it now. So it will likely affect everyone in your Fellowship.

I am working on a fix for this now, in the mean time is anyone else seeing this issue that’s not in Alphabet? If so I might be able to figure out a common cause.

I’m in “AIphabet” (captial i not an L) and I’m having this issue too

The menu button on the left controller does the “Safe bubble” thing that happens when you press both menu buttons if that helps you fix anything

Cannot access menus or chests.

At this point I know what the problem is and am working on a fix for it, sorry for the inconvenience. I should have a new patch ready to go in about an hour. In the mean time I am working on seeing if there is anything I can do to implement a server-side fix so you don’t have to wait that long.