Practice dummy that doesn't heal

Another practice dummy in the playerhouse that doesn’t regenerate would allow quest players to more easily get pretty accurate DPS for themselves by simply timing how long it takes them to kill it.
You can already kinda do that with the current dummies, but you need ~100k DPS to kill it, so it’s not an option for every skill level, and for higher dps the parse ends up pretty short.

A dummy with ~6000000 health(1 min to kill at 100k DPS) and no regen would allow any lvl30 DPS to kill it, time it, and get a pretty good idea of their DPS.

9 Likes

Another similar idea would be a ‘damage’ number to pop up on any dummy when you dont hit it for 15ish seconds with a different color which actually is the dps number.

2 Likes

I’ve said this before on this post here.

But I’ll say it again. . There are many dummies in the player house. Even more space.

Why not use all that space and all those dummies and make each one scale up in DPS required to kill? Starting with 20k, then 30k, and so on. This would make it possible for Quest users to parse themselves without need of a PC.

3 Likes

killing dummy is an achevement if you cant do it well get better i guess? I promise its easy to do 90k. hell its possible without pots and a +5 wand.( no bleed)

2 Likes

Not for most players.

4 Likes

So true. I struggle to get to 40k-ish lol

1 Like

That’s not the issue here lol its more of a number parse accuracy that is desired. Rather than complaining abt the dummy that already exist.

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or just extremely elitist, but that ain’t cool.

6 Likes

Nah i just dont lie to myself or to others to make them feel better

1 Like

Dude, you don’t need to be rude to tell the truth. Basically what you’re saying is that everyone should aim for being good in your favorite class. There are 8 classes, 8 ways to play the game in combats - not to mention that some classes have 2 paths, like Ranger does.
I’m sorry, but I hate the idea of wasting hours and hours to get good at drawing the letter D. And there are lots of players out there that don’t have that time or just want to play it other ways.

4 Likes

Katsui pls

People can play games without optimizing the hell out of it. A dummy that doesn’t heal can be a cool way for people to monitor progress without Cindy, and killing it faster can be a fun incentive for people to improve their DPS, even if they aren’t interested in numbers.

Also, I believe your perception of “good/bad at the game” is warped. Just because you are one of the best mages doesn’t mean others need to hit the same DPS to be “good”. Game skill isn’t only numbers and graphs.

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Seeing how people acting in mechanics of the guild i was in before was amazing and as new people came along raids began to take hours and hours, i stopped playing this game due to the frusturation caused by others not being able to to mechanics or not being able to pull weight. Also saying i was among the best is not even a good point, i wasnt spawned in with mage i worked for it and im just like everyone else, if i can do it almost anyone could.

I messed around in orbus as much as everyone else people just didnt view it that way because they have a view on me. Only like 8 people in the game actually know me everyone else just thinks of some stuck up mage, which isnt true ion care if its being harsh its what will help people improve. I taught 4 other top 10 mages with the same stuff of dont settle for good enough, and they still have fun in the game its just a motive for skill. Also fun derives from doing well, it makes you feel better.

1 Like

and this is all completely irrelevant to the topic…all i suggested was a practice dummy that doesn’t heal for the sake of making it easier for quest users to check DPS at any skill level. Which, seeing progress can be great motivation to keep improving.

5 Likes

Or just add a dps meter in game

1 Like

That would be even better, as we could check our DPS on all different situations

I don’t believe katsui meant what he said in just the terms of play mage or your bad I doubt that I think he just rather meant that the ideals of don’t settle for good enough and everything else he said should be applied to all classes. Katsui would be blatantly ignoring things he’s seen in game if that’s how he meant it

1 Like

You can’t come out and say you only do 40k when you don’t practice and most of time you spend in orbus is most likely used doing events and overworld missions. Orbus is a skill based game and in order to do good dps you have to put in the time and work to do so