PVP Node Diversity

I agree, the wilds is a great concept and was fun. From what I understand, the reason why they changed it is because some of the PvE players were complaining about not wanting to be in a PvP zone to get end-game mats and they didn’t want to buy the mats off the AH. I believe the devs have mentioned that they plan to add PvP events in reborn.

1 Like

This issue has been resolved in reborn by getting wilds mat drops from the loot chests which i believe is a good idea bu tit should be drastically nerfed and less often dropped from them. Thus resulting in nobody “being forced” to pvp.

lets be honest, people would always have their pvp on if they knew they would win the fight. But with pk groups around such as carnage and LC people wont because they don’t want to spend time farming and getting loot then die. The wilds offered the ability of people coming in as groups and distributing mats and farming. It never forced anybody to do pvp. If they were to scared to go into the wilds they could simply buy it from the people who were brave enough to go in and get those mats. Now it may have been expensive but there should be a price on it for those who were brave enough to risk dying to get the mats. Around summer time of last year the price of bloody flesh was going what 15 - 20k dram? But after one of the main PK groups had broke apart people would have no problem going in and getting it and the price by the end of orbus was about 2k for one. This is because there was no threat. But that brings us to this, people don’t want to pvp because they don’t want to die and lose their items. Which in theory, is why a lot of pve players don’t like doing pvp. There is currently a small community of pvp players and we are looking for ways to expand our experience not by “forcing pvp on pve players” but by offering new ideas or bringing back old ones.

2 Likes

I’d like to see some kinda cage match like system were 2 people can battle in a caged off area in the overworld, while any players, specters can watch.

I think they mentioned dueling before no?

Especially if 2 people have beef with one another take it to the cage where anyone who’s online can watch if they want. Cane even hype up the match. Even have a champion system.

In the overworld where anyone can watch? That would be as some. Cheer on your guy or girl :stuck_out_tongue:

can we just get the old arena back too, maybe add up to 8 players

No, the reason for this is that Riley changed the drop from aberration mobs only to any mob, making it easy to farm solo.

Pvp was annoying because it was constantly imbalanced. First ranger was OP, got nerfed, then healer got OP, then mage got OP.
How OP?
Ranger could one-shot anyone
Healer could outheal anyone
Mages could wipe a group in seconds by targeting mobs and aoe.

This including a bunch of rule bending exploits and cheap tricks made some pvp’ers extreamly frustrating to deal with.

1 Like

battle grounds is just as much of a problem and the lavamora map is horrible. there are so many issues like the clipping through walls as well as the control bias for the B check zone (the middle one). the other issue is all the gear is things you have collected in the main game. so you need to be finished with the game before it is even worth doing or else you have a severe disadvantage due to equipment. same could be said for open pvp but that didn’t have quests

Well maybe it was the player and not the class. I know personally i could kill just about any healer before reborn started, ranger’s one hit is not op? it requires a lot of luck and skill to get the arrow to hit when the buffs proc, and mage you have to be good at in order to take out groups not everyone can spam 3 arcane blasts in a second and a half.

Just want to make sure this isn’t some bug I’m not aware of. In the Battlegrounds your gear does nothing but change your appearance. Everyone is Level 30 with a standard attack value and the stats from your gear (e.g. Armor, Int, Strength, etc.) do not apply. Have you seen it working differently?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s “forcing” anyone to do it. If wilds were to make a return it could be cosmetic items or pets,dyes,etc. it might not be for everyone but that shouldn’t mean it shouldn’t be added for the players who do enjoy both PvP and PvE.

1 Like

what do you mean by cosmetics? the wilds is a zone?

I was seeing blead prock on some people when playing it so I think it is still bugged out then

Oh it’s possible that the affixes are still kicking in when they shouldn’t be, I will double-check that.

EDIT: Okay yeah affixes and tilesets were still being considered when they shouldn’t be, this should be fixed now.

3 Likes

By cosmetics I mean the type of loot that would drop from aberrations(elites located in the wilds) instead of dropping gear or weapons that would effect PvE, it would ideally only drop cosmetic loot(dyes,pets,transmog,etc) but this is only an idea for the Wilds In Reborn(if we ever get them again)

nice thank you, it should make it more balanced now

Carnage is not a PK group buddy, nice try though. What I think you mean is that you are getting killed by LC and Carnage members. Most members of carnage have PVP off and I can only think of 2 people that currently do have it on. Yes carnage has players who like pvp but you cannot call Carnage a PK guild due to most of the 75-100+ players we have themselves having pvp off. Hell if Carnage was a hardcore pvp and pk guild then there would eventually if say 40 people hit level 30 there would be around 2 5 person pk groups each with 1 healer and most likely 4 damage dealers or paladins. You would not even be able to go anywhere if everyone of Carnage was a world pvp pk player. Though we are not as we have many more PVE exclusive players then PVP players.

Yeah! They are much more interested in reviving dead stuff like this thread.

5 Likes