Pvp Paladin nerfed to hard?

Literally should not matter in PVP except as far as class understanding goes. And even then, I’m not sure dismissing the opponents as unknowledgeable is the way to go

Yah
You said it just there indirectly. A scoundrel can one-shot a paladin. And scoundrels crit a lot.

Coming back to the topic scoundrels and pally are OP in pvp.

paladins in PvP suck now, because they are too squishy

against a even skilled dps paladins will lose because of how little damage they do, how they have to get close to deal damage which then makes them take a ton of damage, but since they are squishy and cant end a fight quickly they die

in group a paladin has to rush into the enemy group with allies at the rear, and since they cant survive rushing 1 person they get burnt down almost immediatly

3 Likes

I feel like in a 1v1 the Paladin is still extremely powerful, however in battleground I also feel like I am a bit squishy even with dodging a lot, this is mostly due to having more people attacking. While a lot of damage can be alleviated by coordinating with your team and making smart decisions I still find more success as a scoundrel and boy do I suck hard with it.

Same, I suck with range classes because I barely use them anymore, but I always have better luck with them getting much higher kills and far fewer deaths. Going all out I can kill anyone 1v1 as a pally, but at the same time this takes literally minutes giving plenty of time for back up(without running away)

Pallys are meant to be a tank class not a dps.

It rarely takes minutes when in a 1v1 against a pally as about 3 globes can bring an opposing players health down to about 20 -30% due to the pallys massive burst damage.

But they are squishy! Not tanky at all. If you want to get someone down to 20% , it’s full orbs, all boosts and a crit or two

1 Like

Yes fighting against easier people who don’t know how to dodge it doesn’t take so long, but as I said fighting against same skill people it does

2 Likes

Ok so lets add this then, a lvl 30 pally vs a level 30 mage pallys do not need to crit their attacks at all to bring a mage down to 20%. This is coming from somebody who consistently pvps and plays mage. Scoundrel is the only other class that stands a chance and it is only because it needs to be nerfed.

scoundrel should have dual wield

1 Like

Some of us can’t afford to have a third hand attached to draw cards with.

1 Like

not true when the mage is actually skilled, as said many many times if u dodge u can negate soooooo much damage but noobs dont

1 Like

dodging is not the issue? If any dps class needs to be buffed it mage and I know of plenty mages that are able to support this agreement as well skilled mages i should add. 75% of the time any mage vs a skilled pally the mage will loose regardless of the dps. It takes approximately 6-7 fireballs to kill a scoundrel in BG. That means no armor or high tiered weapon. So I am going to estimate around 15 fire balls to kill a pally who does not heal.

pallys also can throw their hammer doing damage, ground slam doing an aoe that does more than arcane blast for some reason, and a unavoidable talent attack where you aim your hammer.

idk what skilled mages ur talking about, but gundrakk can smack most anyone around in pvp including pallidans, and on ranger and scoundral i have been smacking around pallys like burnator and super hotty

all of those things u are talking about lower pallidan dps, they all do less than reg hits and take more orbs

All people who do not pvp as much as everyone else who constantly pvps. I can kill burn and have not seen super hottie. Back to the statement being made if it was read correctly, most mages can agree that the mage class should be buffed, because if somebody has spent 2000+ hours trying to cast fast and cast and move and a pally can take them to 0% health in 10-15 seconds and a scoundrel can 1 hit them, then mages are basically done in pvp! the only relevant and useful spell that does not really need buffing is the affliction.

I’m not seeing accurate details or evidence of why pally should be buffed in pvp. Not every class will be good in group pvp. even classes that can win most 1v1’s. You should expect to die if you run in against a group of 4 people as pally and they are all hammering away at you? That is not a valid point of why pally should be buffed. Pally is tanking class and should be left that way. Not turned in to an abomination that can out play and heal 4 dps.

so what ur saying is that pallidan should be left useless in any group pvp? u even say that u can easily 1v1 some of the best pallidans, yet u are also saying they are OP? so if pallidans arent good in 1v1s which u agree with

and if pallidans arent good in groups which u agree with

what is it good for?

on topic of mages which i dont really know how came up because its off topic, expert mages wreck in PvP. Have u not seen people like Elk, Gundrakk, Smooch, Johann, etc etc? A lot of those players can very very easily 1v1 90% of the server, and are evenly matched with the rest 10% no matter the class. not only that, but in group pvp they can annihalate whole groups in a instant with a affliction spread, and their spells cant even be dodged because u cant see where they are 99% of the time