Pvp Paladin nerfed to hard?

Paladins are still ridiculously OP in PvP. They have to much damage for their survivability. Their PvP damage needs to be nerfed and they should get a slight boost to their vitality and damage mitigation.

Lol not even going to argue with you because you make irrelevant points and just will not come to an agreement, But tell me what makes you think mages spread affliction? they can spread on affliction and that is it, NOT 3 xD. And I said not every class will be a pvp class ok? So if your not good with it leave it as a tank class and stop trying to make it more overpowered in battle grounds. You want to be able to kill a group of 4 people and you cant that is why your upset is it not? You specifically stated you want to be able to run in and have your teammates behind you, and you expect to survive a group of 4 dps targeting you, not gunna happen mate XD.

yes and 1 mage dot will kill most classes alone.
I didnt say i should be able to 1v4, is said that i shouldnt die instantly in a group fight, and ur main argument is

so ur solution is just to have it be bad in PvP and called it settled? thats something i guess

2 Likes

you are basically contradicting yourself, you understand that right? you just said a mage is able to 1v4 a group of people through affliction spread. 1 dot will not kill classes that can heal. even if they did not heal the mage would be dead before the full extension of the dot due to it being A 1v4!

yes, group pvp if a mage gets off a affliction spread everyone is going to be taking constant massive damage, healers cant keep up with that. at that point all of the healers attention is taken by the dots and he cant respond to any other incoming damage, causing quick destruction.

1 Like

I am not sure why you keep saying it like mage is overpowered and can spread 3 afflictions???

never said it could…

1 not 3
and i never said it was OP, just not under powered

Yea, But it takes about 6-7 fireballs from a mage to kill the same level scoundrel. By the time the affliction gets the scoundrel to half health he will most likely either killed the mage from spray and pray or get a heal card. Whats your point.

And if you claim only 1 affliction dont say it as it can take down a group of 4 when it obviously cant XD. goes back to the point of a 1v4 as a pally you are going to loose as long as the dps have some idea of what they are doing.

A: this isnt even a thread about mage dont know why u are so obsessed with talking about them instead of the topic at hand, if u want to talk about mage make a new thread

B: i dont think what ur saying is accurate, have u tested in BGs or are u just saying how it feels like?

20 characters

I have tested Bg’s and yea we went back to the topic and i have claimed it does not need to be buffed and if anything did it was mage.

It is also harder if there is no healer in that group because that means there are more dps which makes it more likely for the mage to die. Dont say then the mage sucks at dying because when you have 2 scoundrels who dont curve their bullets and just shoot and get random lucky crits, or another mage shooting tons of spells or a pally doing unavoidable damage or aoe blasts.

No, palladins are not op damage side. They are on the weak end

Yes the heal may need some type of reduction in pvp.

Yes they need some damage reduction back.

1 Like

@dylan_l1 please stay on the topic. Yes eating a affliction is bad, yes healer are strong in a group, but can we get back to balancing Palladin?

I have bin testing it out a bunch, intentionally skipping jumps and rushing instead of hammer hopping.

Palladins in the pvp arena with no armor are way to squishy, and do not do enough damage to justify it.

They need at least some of there damage reduction back to stand a chance.

1 Like

They are OP with all their tools combined not just from the damage and the only way to balance that is to nerf their damage so it doesn’t effect PvE. If you want to keep the damage, they would need to nerf the healing, reduce the aoe of the point and click to add some skill and put a higher cd on the teleport.

Im guessing you dont play paladin. If your aim sucks and they jump around, a paladin will heal up and grind you down. Same with a bard or musky.

Thing is your tactic is wrong. Just wait for the paladin. Ready your spell, charge up your gun. Because despite all there movement they ARE FORCED TO get close. When they do, fire, jump and repeat. Or just stand still and keep shooting taking the hit. Palladin stands no chance. They have to run or die. They are not tanky at all, and can’t take meely hits, despite being a tank meely class. A warier will wreck you if you try that.

It’s stupid, but the way to deal with the tank is just to tank them. Higher dps wins.

Paladin needs damage reduction back.

1 Like

Paladin is one of the easiest class I have been playing. A scoundrel can empty his whole chamber and not kill me. I can build up charges wait for them to teleport and take them down to 20% in a blink of an eye. I can also easily outrun anyone to go heal. As a paladin it is pretty easy to dodge players and set this up. It does take that much skill. It takes less than 10 hours of gameplay to get good at paladin if you are a veteran player. I agree they do need more survivability but that needs to be balanced by lowering their burst damage.

You are describing how Palladin was pre nerf. Scoundrel will kill a palladin empowered and full chamber. I did test this.

edit
You edit your responses a lot after I question them.

Tried out my paladin for first time post-nerf. Got my butt handed to me by mages and scoundrels. Very different than what it used to be and was not particularly pleasant.

For record, died so fast I couldn’t even hit people once without getting the drop on them because they would jump around so much and since I have to be in melee they just had to dance around.

Especially bad since now the two ranged attacks are (1) visible (hammer toss, which also allows people to see where you’ll teleport to) and (2) on 5s cd (Retribution).