Paladin still OP in PvP

It doesn’t take 10 seconds to get 2 orbs, I have no idea where that number came from. You also get more orbs every time you take like 2 or 3 fireballs, so this wouldn’t be a problem

fucken el why does no one actually read the patch notes…

1 Like

just gonna add to this comment with quotes from the other thread as i find them

think thats good, sure theres more but its a big thread and would require a lot of digging

It is a tank class. I don’t know what people are not understanding about this. Give it more health in PvP for all I care, that doesn’t matter. All a paladin has to do to get kills/assists is teleport up and wiggle the hammer. If you get dodged, then you have 2 choices, throw the hammer and teleport again, or earth slam. Saying that you should tank the paladin is probably the worst possibly thing you could do to fight against one. Like I’ve said before, the paladin already does too much damage, if you attempt to “tank” one you will be easily killed (paladin can heal themselves). The damage for the class should have never been this high in the first place.

Let’s please stop repeating this as a reason why a class should be made unviable in PvP. Every class needs to be balanced with their gimmicks. Paladins and warriors should have some kind of capability that simultaneously allows them to defeat other players on an equal footing and still uses the class gimmicks. Just like every class should.

1 Like

20 characters

1 Like

This is achievable without it being too strong. Warrior is strong if you are good at it. I’m not asking for a 50% damage nerf. Maybe 10% or 15% damage reduction and a 15% health boost to paladin would fix the problem. I just want the class to be closer to what it is supposed to be… a tank class.

also ground slam takes 3x the orbs to use compared to a reg attack and does less damage, and has less of a radius than arcane missile and can be dodged
20 characters

1 Like

If I am correct, a ground slam does 1/3 the damage of a normal swing. It is still strong, but definitely a lesser amount. While this is all true, my original argument was that paladin is easily able to do damage, and this argument still applies in this sense

if I have wound combo already and the shield break damage buff and sword raise its a 2 shot. without those buffs, it’s 3. but that is also if the game dosnt bug out and steal my wound combo turning my third killing strike in to the 4 strikes I have to do to get back my combo again
see this form

So a regular hit does about 1/14th of a full health bar, and u say a ground slam is 1 3rdnof that which is 1/32 of someone’s heath, so, using your own math, a attack that takes about 20 seconds to get and would take 32 strikes if none are dodged is OP?

1 Like

After some extensive testing (killing low level mobs with a beginner hammer) I have found out that my math was completely wrong. Each of my attacks were 460 damage non crit. Each earth slam is 691. 460 + 50% more or less (50% of 460 is 230… 230+460 is 690).

Yay numbers, so u now know u lose about 150% of ur damage on 3 orbs when smashing the ground, right?

You mean 50%?

meh math is tough
edit: actually its 100% yay math, 690 dmg vs 1.3k dmg

Yes. Nerf it more because one person suggests it.

1 Like

No its 50%

490+490+490 = 1380
690 = 690
690 * 1.5(50%) = 1035
690 * 2(100%) = 1380

1.5 is 150%

1380 * .5 = 690

1380 * .5 (1 - 50%) = 690. That’s generally what “losing” translates to in math terms. In any case, the point has been made about lost damage through non-basic attacks.

Losing 100% would be doing no damage, 1380 * 0 (1 - 100%). Losing 150% would be healing, 1380 * -0.5 (1 - 150%).

1 Like