Ranger Suggestions

I know class reworks aren’t on your roadmap necessarily but we are talking about the class we play everyday and cause us to come back to the game everyday. The classes should really be fleshed out 1st more than anything in my opinion and playing the Ranger is mindless once you get use to basic mechanics.

I want to be engaged on what arrows I should be using for certain fights and pay attention to more than 2 Ranger mechanics during a 15 minute fight.

1. Remove arrow on the players hand so that we can pick up items easier, such as healing potions.
  • You could just have the arrow materialize when you grab the string of the bow.
  • This would only apply to the basic arrow considering you still need to grab your special arrows.
  1. Change the trap to something else
  • Make it a bomb that explodes so that we have an actual AoE
  • Make it weaken or slow an enemy
  • Make it do literally anything else
  1. Make piercing arrow actually piercing through mobs?
  • Would require you to position yourself and be wary where your arrow is landing.
  • Would live up to it’s name
  1. Give rangers a CD icon for our arrows
  • Not necessary but for QoL
  1. Buff Fire Rain arrow…
  • It’s never used considering when you come to a group of mobs, you have to wait 30 seconds and the mobs are already dead.
  1. Remove/change scatter arrow
  • Change this to like a Life-steal arrow so we can choose have a heal at the cost of DPS.
  1. Remove/change darkness arrow
  • Make it darker?
  • Make it blind a player temporarily on hit when it actually does damage, to prevent trolls.

Is there any considering on changing the Ranger in the near future or should I quit trying with these posts?

5 Likes

They really need something… and a major one too. I feel my ranger is a ‘‘do this one thing for 10-15 minutes’’ class and nothing more. If they meant to have the ranger be the high dps class… then do so. And not make the mage an equal! I understand the balancing act they must adhere to bc of the pvp issues a super high dps ranger would cause. And since pvp seems to be here to stay (I dont really know why bc pvp atm is almost pointless) but since there are ‘‘plans’’ for pvp I see the reasoning for this balance amongst classes. But that’s where the equality ends, only the damage is balanced but not the class itself. Rangers are fun but can be traded out for the more suitable mage. And the mage has an arsenal of spells that a group benefits from. Etc etc yada yada… please do something to help the ranger class!

Ideas can also be found here…

Another thing you could do for Scatter arrow is to make it 3 arrows and a more narrow cone.
You could also make it so that it’s plane/orientation is dependent on your bow orientation.
Currently, no matter the orientation of the bow, your scatter is always horizontally shot.

So like you could shoot sideways have all 3 arrows hit a tall vertical boss.
This would do more damage when all 3 arrows hit than piercing at the cost of a harder to hit shot.

2 Likes

Change the trap to something else
Make it a bomb that explodes so that we have an actual AoE
Make it weaken or slow an enemy
Make it do literally anything else

I can’t believe how many posts I’ve seen about the rangers trap being hated and they still haven’t done anything to it! I couldn’t agree more with this whole post. Especially the trap and Piercing arrow parts. like do the devs no the definition of the word pierce? it means to go through something… why would they name an arrow that if it didn’t go through stuff?

The ranger trap just got updated pretty significantly and is on the roadmap for more changes, just chill a few weeks and see what comes of it.

Ive actully started to use now, either without poision arrow, or as a meen of escape.

Ddit:The trap

Same, the increased throw distance and reliability alongside auto explosion on contact makes it reasonably viable in PvE.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.