Reborn Beta 4: Patch Notes

Thanks for the answer :slight_smile: I won’t unsub because I’m interested in the game. Was just a bit confused because the emails seem as though they’re inviting me to play but then don’t give me any instructions lol. I’ll definitely be giving a go at the open beta though! :smiley:

1 Like

Harvesting is stupid now, like wtf, you have to swing like crazy to get stuff, Ores seem even worse than herbs, is it really meant to be like this?!

Looking at the code now, it looks like it was set to 3-5 hits on ore from testing, it was meant to be 2-3 hits. So I’ll patch that in the morning.

It should still just be 1 hit for herb though?

No, it’s 3+ for any herb I tried

I’ve found you have to be pretty straightforward with the swings. If you tilt the tool or swing it off axis, it drops the swing.

So I couldn’t seem to harvest ores using my left hand, swings weren’t powerful enough, with my right hand I had to put a bit of power in to my swings to get it to harvest and it’s not nice at all

Here is how bad it is:

Okay so I actually think what’s going on is, the hitting is based on entering/exiting the box collider, so try actually taking larger swings it shouldn’t matter how “hard” you swing.

Can’t you just revert it to how it was in previous Orbus? I don’t understand why you’d want to change it to make it a worse activity

1 Like

Well there’s a technical reason why we had to change it basically; in theory if we actually get it working properly it will actually be better for high-latency players and whatnot.

I just think the box collider is bigger than expected so it’s leading to it not really working intuitively which we will work on.

If you’re asking, why do you have to hit it 2 times now, we are just making a design decision to make the ore harder to gather than herbs, but it shouldn’t be like “frustrating” like it is right now, and we’re working on fixing that up.

1 Like

I’ve had a hard time gathering herbs, some are really finicky where I have to keep swinging to get it.

1 Like

Moon is still broken, reported in the last beta but never sent a video, but basically it just skips rather than moving slowly through the sky

Yeah that’s actually more of a performance consideration. I might be able to get it moving more smoothly on like Ultra or something but it’s pretty low priority haha.

Okay so sorry for the repeated server restart notices, it’s still going to be about 30 minutes, we keep running into a bug on the build when it’s ready to go out, but hopefully 3rd time’s the charm.

Okay there is a new client-side patch going out now and a server-side patch to follow shortly with the following fixes/changes:

• Re-worked how harvestables work; should require fewer hits now and also should by more accurate at detecting hits.
  • Added some signs in Highsteppe to help point things out.
  • Fixed invisible walls in dungeons (still working on ones in Player House)
  • Fixed a bug that could sometimes let you quickly draw two of the same card as a Scoundrel
  • Fixed a few different bugs that could lead to desyncs and issues at login.

Client download is here: https://rebornpatch.orbusvr.com/file/orbusvr/update/RebornLauncher-2.65.zip

1 Like

Update: after the fixes, it’s much better (2 hits only) and seems to be smoother to get harvestables.

I did notice a (bug?) spawn rate issue: https://youtu.be/TH-UKbZIXDY

what time will the honor calculation take place and will this time remain the same in Reborn.

Can you give us more info on this cause I can’t seem to get it to work and it sometimes happens while in combat but no idea how it happens or how I get it to activate for the mob I want it on

Mine works. I have found I have to be about 20-30 yards from the enemy for it to work. Just stick your hand out, grip on to point, and then shake it like you’re having a seizure in their general direction. Works like a charm

basically you have to be so close range to the mob that it totally defeats the purpose. it also is really unreactive… so you have to do a lot of finger-waving.

the healthbar dont really work on the rat king in the sewer dungon but his health bar is in his chest and i had to look up and the health bar dont show from the distence and names