Reborn Patch 10.78

Ok but my other world-boss quests are done due to the alphabet-event, I remember we killed the tree-guy on normal countless times, but the chaos, I don’t think so. I just hoped the number in the journal would count but won’t be a big issue if we need to do it again.
The other issues (no option to abandon quests & Knights Fort) are, though.

you can use locomotion to move the turrets, grab on with both hands like normal then use loco to slide around the turret and turn it towards the middle

definitely need a group for this world quest, but i have gotten gold on it a few times so it’s not too bad

I tried that, it never worked out so far. Eventually it’s also the timezone, mainly encountered new players there or names I never saw. In the beta I was succeeding, sometimes, but only with players who were experienced - frankly, most of the beta testers were the elite players in the OG already -, of course it works out when everyone does 10x more dmg than a rookie. However, if the event stays this way I’d like to have at least a way to cancel it, permanently.

We tried the KF event during the alphabet world boss run. 40ish people and it all went down faster than ever because the turrets had to recharge between launches and there were 3-4 flyers per spawn. We managed (by nature of having the tanks stand mostly in front of the enemy fire) to get a whopping total of to the 2nd spawn (didn’t manage to down them) before we failed.

KF is impossible and seriously needs adjustment. It’s not good solo, it’s not good grouped, it’s just not good at all. Lower the turret recharge timer (i.e. make it recharge in 1/4s or something), raise the time the flyers stay unprotected after a shot, and raise the turret health. Otherwise, we will always consistently fail this event - which is hella not fun and contributes to why nobody does it.

3 Likes

also make it so they need to kill all the ballistas for us to fail and not fail after 1 dies.

2 Likes

I can look into increasing the health of the crossbows and making it so unless the sorceress specifically attacks the crossbows, the projectiles ignore the crossbows.

I’ll also see if I can do something about them pathing into difficult spots

11 Likes

the new hammer of retribution change only nerfs PvE, not PvP. With the new change to pvp, it should be impossible to get more than one hammer of retribution per second, and even if u charge 4 orbs before combat 5 seconds is lot long enough to make a difference, paladins will simply dodge around for 5 seconds and then use it again, with no fear of hitting 5 orbs because u cant generate orbs from damage anymore (per what riley said)

That said in PvE there are plenty of non OP used for having fast hammers of retribution. One is when i am dodging a bullet, i can quickly but still effectively use my orbs at range, so i dont waste them and dont get 5 orbs and die. Now that can not be done, meaning i either have to hammer slam and waste the orbs or hammer throw, which leaves me defenseless until it returns. Also on lich king specifically, i can no longer tank the boss from range, and i can not survive face tanking no matter what i do as a paladin, making the fight much more difficult than before. Even warriors only face tank him until they lose their shields, at which point they back off

Bit of a different note, but since release, i notice that i will randomly start taking double damage. i first noticed it on the lamavora world boss, where i would be fine tanking it, until it would start hitting me for double. I have also noticed this happening on multiple bosses. The most recent time this has been happening was on a crypt 10 on lich king. If i got hit by one of his single orbs, i would usually go down to about 40% health and would have full orbs, same with his basic attacks. occasionally tho this would randomly one shot me, with no chance to do anything. This has specifically been seen on gorgon, minotaur, chaos hunter, chaos purity, and mutated rat, plus probably adds which is alot more difficult to tell tho. And yes i am sure its not me being full on orbs as i am constantly hitting the boss

4 Likes

Can confirm. Had serious issues tanking boss 1 airship sharded yesterday, as it doesn’t move into melee range.

Also to note: the airship boss 1 aoes are larger than the floor circles again, so people were dying even though they weren’t in the circles at all.

the number of shielded mobs is also ridiculous with 5+ people… Please cap it at 2 and have small ads spawning (crossbows do not scale with the shielded mobs).

4 Likes

Perhaps the enemy crit or something.

yes, because there totally wasnt a change making crits worth only 1.5x and it is totally likely that i am getting 10+ crits in a row multiple times, atleast once per day. good maths

I was suggesting a reason. I don’t know the reason so I threw it out there. RNGesus might just want to smite you or something.

Doing a T10 airship shard, first boss is almost impossible with a paladin tank. regular attacks do about 20% of my health on regular hits, and using only the hammer raise the will take me down to 10% from full. using 2 different ways of mitigating damage it will take me down to about 50%, but on a crit im down to 20% again and i cant always have 2 different forms of protection. i have full +3 armor and above, with +4 chestplate . right now we are down to kites, mana shields, and frosts

1 Like

just killed it, took ages because of the oneshotting and then went on to 2 shot the final boss

2% Critical damage on gear isn’t currently working.

how did you manage to test this in the end?

My crit numbers are the same with gear without 8% crit damage

1 Like

just to reiterate, one regular attack non crit would usually do 40% health and give me 3-4 orbs per hit, a tank buster without raising my hammer would insta kill me, with my hammer raised beforehand i would settle at around 20% health non crit, and with either left hand raise or heal i would settle at half health. actually tanking more than one rotation straight was impossible.

unless the intention is for a paladin to kite the boss for the whole fight, paladins need a way to deal with tank busters that can be done repeatedly

1 Like

You sure about this? This is not working for me.

1 Like

A 5-second cooldown (and associated icon) has been added to the Paladin’s Hammer of Retribution and Hammer of Forgiveness talents.

can we have it a bit shorter? 1 per 2 sec would make it a lot more usefull

2 Likes