Reborn Patch 10.86

Okay. Yeah we were just discussing that possibility as well. I think what we will have to do is just make it so that you cannot get additional quests via Mission Credits if you have more than 5 quests currently in-progress for that activity.

1 Like

It doesn’t work for the player compass. You grab the compass once and it teleports back to the original spot.

Made that change. Updated OP with additional notes. Also we have reduced the explosion radius of the falling orbs in the Airship Dungeon Boss 1 so they more closely match the radius of the resulting pool.

1 Like

Okay we’ll get that fixed, thanks.

Eeehm we really not a fan of the only 5 quests thing. Can this change to something else. I was myself thinking on allowing repeated quests. Or at-least allowing 10 missions. 5 is really harsh… It interferes with normal play ATM already. For a few ppl I know because they have about 5 undone group missions they can’t do alone.

6 Likes

Agreed. If I have a couple days worth of dailies and I’m working towards a rep tier I shouldn’t be limited in how I spend my dailies. Also just makes an unnecessary gate on rep gain.

4 Likes

I really don’t like that change either

1 Like

I also hate the change.

2 Likes

Now that the limit is 5 it makes it considerably harder to get them done… especially stuff like events…

3 Likes

If you have a different idea on how we could change the mechanic to still accomplish the goal, I’m open to it. But for now this is the only thing we could come up with that maintains the integrity of the system. Again, this only applies to the Mission Credits system, and if you have already completed all of the leveling missions for an activity (which as the original assumption), it shouldn’t really affect you.

I am not really sure what the goal was or how the integrity of the system was compromised. I am not sure how this is making the game more fun for anybody or more fair for any body.

It seems that nobody likes the change (10+ people have mentioned it already out of this forum and in discord chat and voice chat and thats just my experience in the last 30 minutes… so id say its not protecting the integrity of anything unless i misunderstood the point).

2 Likes

If you don’t have time to log in 1-4 day(s), you still get mission credits build up then when you go to pick up missions you’ll only be able to pick up 5 and then you will have to go and do them and then come back rather than picking up everything you can, going out in to the world and making progress on everything at once before heading home to turn them in, this is especially bad for all the mission types, only being able to pick up 5 missions at the time is not a fun way of doing it as you’re not longer able to overlap missions or do them at your own pace as you’re forced to finish some before you can pick up more

1 Like

I like to pick up 2-3 days of public event missions so I can go around public events as they spawn and complete quests on them at a reasonable rate rather than waiting on them to respawn. With this change, apart from being forced to do missions I don’t like doing, I have to do the missions very very slowly…

1 Like

I’m fine with the change that requires you complete it on the character you pick it up on. It makes sense to stop what is obviously and apparently taking advantage of the system, though it does it in a way that makes it harder for people who have no intention of doing that.

What I’m not okay with is the limitation on how many to pick up. Why not make it so you cannot return the same quest more than three times in a two hour window? Or that it will not let you pick up the same quest more often than some time window? Obviously would prefer the latter because it won’t directly interfere with player enjoyment (they just wouldn’t be given that quest, rather than having it, completing it, and being unable to turn in), but both of these are better than a 5-quest cap!

If you have a mission you cancelled and don’t want to do, or a mission that you have not activated, and spend a day token, it just reactivated the mission for you, burning your dayly.

You can get around this by spending the extra minute collecting all the missions you don’t want and then using your dailies followed by cancelling the missions you don’t want.

Edit: which seems kinda like it defeats the purpose.

This is literally the thing which I am trying to prevent with the 5-quest cap. If you collect all the missions you don’t want, then you can’t spend mission credits. That’s the whole point. To prevent people from just saying “well I am just going to accept all the other missions but leave the easiest Dragon Race mission so I can always get that as my mission credit mission every time”.

It would more likely be mouse capture but that is not the point.

This seems like the best way of doing it to stop people repeatedly doing the 1st dragon race while not messing things up for people that like to do lots of missions back to back

2 Likes

We could consider this instead if it were say a 24-hour window. That way you could still get lots of different missions as much as you want, but you can’t just abuse it and do the same mission over and over again. It kind of harms lower-level players who maybe don’t have access to as many missions and gates them, but on the other hand really you should be doing leveling missions at that point anyway.

Again, the point here is not to punish people for wanting to do multiple missions at a time and all that, but rather to figure out a way to keep someone from engineering it so they can do the same Beginner Dragon Race over and over again ad nauseum with every single mission credit. At least with a 24 hour window they would have to spread it out among 5 missions. Although they would likely still pick the easiest ones, which isn’t great still.

3 Likes