Reborn Patch 10.90

The way it was before it would always spin around the center, so some players actually would stand in a corner and just spin themselves around behind people. Won’t name names, but it was a huge pain to deal with.

4 Likes

Ah. I think I was misunderstanding the way it was said. Now we’re turning in place, yes? I take back my concern.

Ahaha legit sewer rats trying to get any chance at beating you! :rofl:

Yep, now it rotates around the player, which helps quite a bit in certain fights, but causes potentially a plethora of out-of-combat problems

1 Like

Don’t understand a word the problem was that you can’t curve high ranks from close; “not detecting” is just another word for that problem and I think that is exactly what they are trying to fix. Scoundrel will be a LOT harder now that you can’t just spam normal shots with no show-off set before.
I don’t bother cuz I play shaman for trash, now even more, but I already see the posts popping up of people complaining about the huge damage nerf they will encounter. Also scoundrel-AoEs will be so much weaker since you hardly can buff a whole group before applying it, the show-off buff is meant for single target.

But overall I think it’s too early to judge these changes before even trying.

PS: On a sidenote was show-off ever a thing for PvP? These guys are really nerfed now, extremly…

Show off was used in pvp by a lot of us. It was a good way to counter movement as they’d slide or tp right into a hook shot and be stopped dead.

1 Like

There’s usually only a shard up on one zone right now…it only spawns the Goblin on a single shard. Since there is a large gap between the soft-cap and actual maximum of shards it shouldn’t be too bad for people to switch to that shad. We can look at including that info in the announcement if it becomes an issue. Really with the Goblin as a whole as I said in the original thread, we are going to monitor and take feedback on how it goes once it’s live and based on what people are doing we will make additional changes rather than dealing with hypotheticals.

Based on actual live data we think this should put things in a pretty balanced state. But of course we’re open to more feedback on that once it’s live if you have data you want to share. We tried to balance between theoretical maximum DPS of each class and actual combat log data of real fights.

Hmmmm perhaps. Although I think people were already doing this anyway with other methods. I suppose we could not allow you to rotate unless the new place you are standing would be someplace you could teleport to. But at any rate, the new way of doing it is probably how it should have worked from the beginning, so we’ll keep working on it from this as a new starting point.

That’s how it was previously working. Since if you stood in a corner and rotated it, it would actually move you in the world. With the new way of doing it regardless of where you are standing when it rotates, you do not move.

Yes.

Relatively minor modification. It’s not like you can stand right next to something now and get Level 5 shots. We mostly added this so it’s a bit more flexible in areas with tight corners or small rooms. I would test it out and then see what it feels like.

We’re not done with class modifications, we are still planning additional work on the Warrior, Shaman, Scoundrel ultimate, etc. We just can’t get it all done at once.

7 Likes

No the “not detecting” meant something else. It meant if you for example stand 20 meters away from a target and curve your bullit not that strong it will still hit the target from about 90 degrees angle. But because you weren’t curving aggressive you get no rank. That penalty has been reduced.

But they also made it possible to get a rank 5 now from standing closer. With that I disagree being needed and as far as I know no-one specifically complained about.

Ah ok… well I did complain, somewhat, since at quite a number of bosses I could not step back, there was a wall and it’s not always possible to design the group towards your needs (as rangers likely also know :wink: ). But yea, let’s just try it out.
I never noticed the other problem, but I curve agressively, if at all, so if I hit from this distance it’s IV/V registered.

I’ll say it’s a welcome change. Way too many people weren’t using the buff on trash at all before.

1 Like

Well that was part of the skill getting the ranks up on all different situations. But the second I am going to hear anyone complain that the Scoundrel is too easy to get good dps up I will make sure I mention this change. Also of-course the change will feel better because ranking becomes easier. Don’t have to test to know that. I would have been fine with this change if no-one was complaining that the Scoundrel is too easy. Which is what ppl were doing before :roll_eyes:

I know in recroom it can be abused pretty easily, which is where my concern comes from. I know the pally hammer can cross gaps and drop down from ledges, but it can’t go through walls like the blue dungeon walls and such. Just something to watch for I guess :+1:

Edit: or can it go through the blue? I forget now. Anyway, it may be the hammer on steroids lol

So the big thing about scoundrel is that it has (had?) a really high damage floor that someone really bad at the class could achieve. This means that if you’re equally bad at mage and scoundrel and ranger, scoundrel will be doing way more dps. The difference between a good ranger and a bad ranger is a lot higher than the damage difference between a bad scoundrel and a good scoundrel. Getting really good at scoundrel is really hard, but most people will never want to get that far as long as they can do good-enough damage without putting in much practice, thought, or effort. That’s why people say it’s an easy class, I think.

Edit: This change will be useful across the board, but more so for ease of clearing trash.

i dont thing scoundrel needeed a nerf, i think just the ranger buff would have fixed things

1 Like

im sure im the only one with that opinion though :stuck_out_tongue: lol

No, a bunch of people had that opinion too, but Riley did say that they looked at the max theoretical dps and combat logs before making these balance changes so I guess we kinda have to go with it. As much as I’m against the flat 10% damage reduction, I do agree with making more of the dps dependent on the curve buff. This makes the scoundrel more skill-based and also helps alleviate the scoundrel battlegrounds nuke issue.

I’m definitely curious to see the impact the Scoundrel nerf will have in pvp. It actually sounds promising. Been complaining about face rushers for a while. . But will it be enough? Testing will tell

Ranger charged piercing new meta - 40% more damage now.

1 Like

now i need to know whether scoundrel does more than ranger

@Riley_D you have increase the warrior sheild cool down will it not affect the one boss in airship rotation of its tank busters also no balance talents

2 Likes