Runemage Tileset & Explanation

Kudo’s to @Asmund_T and everyone else who helped everybody build up the communities knowledge for how tiles work!

Below is the one I currently use.

Triple Rune = ᚾ = n-rune (hit 3 times in a second)
Double Rune = ᛗ = m-rune (hit twice in a second)
Fireball Rune = ᚢ = u-rune (hit with fireball)
Affliction Rune = ᛟ = o*rune (hit with affliction)
Frost Rune = ᚨ = a-rune (hit with frost)
Delay Rune = Z = g-rune (hit between 1-2 seconds since your last hit)

How do runes work? https://wiki.thehall.xyz/wiki/Tileset_103:_Rune_Timing_and_Interference
In short, you can have up to 3 buffs. Each gives you up to +10% damage. Any tileset that procs gives you a buff, replacing the oldest buff. If your tileset is affliction/fire/frost (as an example) and you accidentally cast extra fireballs in there after casting your initial affliction, this is called interference and each “interfering” fireball cast not part of your tileset reduces the 10% buff by 1% each time. Thus once your tileset starts, you want to finish it quickly to get the full 10% damage buff. The wiki linked has a more in depth explanation.

Two main things to note. Because I comfortably keep <5 affliction 2’s in the air (over 1 second to cast comfortably), I use the 1-2s delay rune in place of an affliction rune which allows me to also proc it off of fizzled spells, misses, etc in addition to when I cast affliction 2 in just over 1 second.

If you cast affliction 2 under 1s normally, and have extremely high consistency then affliction o-runes are likely going to be better for you than delay-runes.

If you can’t cast fireball atleast ~2.25*x (ty potato) times a second, and you get frost a lot randomly then the triple-rune is probably best swapped as you won’t proc it. Something like a frost-rune may be suitable for you. That way if you get frost randomly, and follow it up with fire/fire/fire you will proc the tileset. 1 leading affliction rune could be decent as well so you get 3 tile procs every time you successfully use affliction & follow up with fireballs. More leading-delay runes are an option, but having too many means they will just all proc at the same time which is not very useful.

To note: Because of interference, delay runes are awful to put for mages anywhere but the front of your tileset unless you are for some reason doing this very intentionally.

Unfortunately because tilesets proc left-to-right, not right-to-left, many combinations are rendered useless due to interference. So be mindful what you do if you change up this perfect tileset!

5 Likes

1 Like

g is sideways but thanks for the font!

1 Like

Z ᛟ ᚢ [etc/your rune here]
g-rune followed by o-rune and casting over 1 second will proc both runes.

also lets u run stuff like:
:Tile_g: :Tile_o: :Tile_U: :Tile_M:
only downside is if you mess up your fireballs and proc :Tile_g: , it will start running interference (I’d imagine) on your tileset since you didn’t cast affliction.

Bumping because I plan to post a second, more forgiving, tileset better for slower casting.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.