Runemage Triplicity Talent Rework

First 5 spells will be needed to activate tiles for triplcity… meaning that we arn’t making full use of triplcity in the first 5 spells (Which is the only time we’ll have 100% of the damage triplicty can give), but with the change we’ll have less damage but tiles are up on those at least…

…Seems like a light tap on mages dps, with a damage reduction only to the extra damage efter the first five spells on triplicity. Basicly not nerfing bad mages, and lowering a bit of the spike damagde on the good ones.
Hopefully diminishing the gap a bit between classes, but I highly dought beeing even close to removing it.

We don’t even know the reductions rate yet.

Why is this such a big deal @Cam @Archive ? You diddent seriously expect them to buff all other dps classes?

You don’t need 5 spells to get tilesets up… You mean the first 3 spells. 2 at best. And 1 even if you make specifically for start triplicity. But the 1 should not be a smart option ofcourse…

Its a good point though. So back to the tileset drawing board for that one :grimacing: I feel like there are some tricks you can do with it

It is a nerf to ALL runemages. A runemage casting 13 spells in triplcity can deal 40k dps. A good ranger can pull that. That’s balanced in that sense.

BUT NOW with the changes they’re going to implement that 13 spells in triplcity caster will have less damage. Meaning ANY runemage that can cast faster than 5 in triplcity WILL see damage reduction.

They should GIVE other classes MORE REWARD for high skill.
Perhaps the MORE you hit a critical spot (as ranger) the more FREQUENT the critical spots occur.

This is the same as if the devs made it so you get less damage the more often you hit a critical spot.

They shouldn’t “buff” other classes they should increase skill ceiling along with damage potential.

2 Likes

You have 3 tilesets for normal and 2 for triplicity.

Triplcity tiles: Fire frost fire frost fire to activate 2 tiles 3 times. (Triplicity timing tiles)

How much spells are needed again for getting triplicity up?

I already have 100 plans in my head to fix the tileset problem. Very fun plans :innocent:

You do know that this is a bug?
Was support to requiers 3 tiles to get 3 buffs, but there is only a block implemented that you can’t proc the same time twice in a row. So by alternatin two you get three buffs.

Warriors shouldn’t get 3 tiles up from using provoke with 1 tile then.

How you know this is a bug Burn? I thought it was intentional. Also what Archive said about the 1 tileset

Was reported and confirmed to be one like a year ago and never ever ever fixed…

All in all if they think just because, of the top 4, runemages can out dps the best ranger and give diminishing returns it’s really like a tax bracket.

Just because we can cast fast we will see less damage over time in triplcity.

I’d be fine if triplcity’s damage increase was smaller. Lets say instead of 50% they made it to 30%. (Example) IF ALL of triplcitiy damage increase was decreased I wouldn’t be complaining AS much as I am now. I’m upset because there is an OBVIOUS decorrelation between skill to reward. Or even if they nerfed all of runemage’s damage. But LESS damage if you cast FASTER?

The problem with making triplicity do less damage the more you cast is the fact that you are discouraged to cast more.

I want all classes to have a skill ceiling people feel like they can’t reach.
Ranger is heavily limited because of the game. Reward the ranger for doing better.

It shouldn’t be that the more you do the less you get.

2 Likes

I think you are phrasing it wrong. Less increase in damage, but still an increase if you cast faster. So more damage if you cast faster.

The faster you cast the more dimishing returns you’ll receive of the increased damage. A runemage casting 13 spells per 8 seconds lets say at the 13th spell gets 40% dmg instead of 50%.
A runemage casting 19 per 8 seconds will have 20% dmg increase instead of 50%.
Yes it’s a damage increase. But it’s less a damage increase.

Very much like a tax bracket

So your a right winged person. You want to exponenionally increase your money if you have more money? :sweat_smile:

No I’d like to keep my money instead of it being MORE of it gone than the other person. IF EVERYONE got taxed 25% vs person who gets taxed 25% but I get taxed 50%.

They are setting a diminishing return to the extra damage triplicity will do, counting it on the amount of spells you manage to cast. You can still milk it for all its worth, and the loss is not bassed on spells per sec, but for every extra spell cast, probably lowering more and more one spell at the time.

Yes. That’s the problem.

The money thing actually doesn’t match the triplicity thing scenario. Other factors :neutral_face:

I am a go sleep. We both know that we can’t convince each other.

No, not really. Think of it asks squeezing ketchup out of a package. You keep getting moor just less per sec the more you squeeze it